Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Tanks & Equipment

Notices

Tropheus Tanks & Equipment Discussion of tanks, filters, heaters, lighting, UV and other equipment.

Old 09-02-2016
kkjjjmccann

::Profile::
Keeping: Water
Default plumbing 180

I have two fx6 filters for the 180 tank along with twin wp-40p on timer.
i have 2 holes drilled in the upper right and left back panel of the tank for 1' bulk heads
I also had 1" holes drill for bulkhead drilled on the top panel of the tank aprox center about 4" from each other.
OPTION 1
So the original plan is to use 2 fx6 filters-i would use two 3/4 loc-line dual return nozzles in each corner at the back of the tank. Then bring both intakes over the back of the tank and run them through the holes on top of the tank so they run flush to the back of the inside of the tank.

OPTION 2
Use only 1 fx6 to filter the tank with the twin wp-40p on timer
USE the 1" bulk head on the right side of the tank and plumb one 3/4 loc-line dual return nozzles with the 3/4 adaptor. On the left side I have a a 90 degree elbow with about 8" pipe and a tee with a 1" strainers. (is the diameter of the pipe too large for the fx6 to run properly?) i could decrease to 3/4 or try yo plumb the original fx6 intake with it. I was also thinking of pouring the tee connector 3" inches down put a strainer in the out leg, add another 3" pipe towards the bottom of the tank and add another strainer.

I'm just worried the 1" diameter may be too big for the fx6 to do the initial priming and cause a strain on the motor? i could make the entire intake system out of 3/4" if that would help
Old 09-02-2016
kkjjjmccann

::Profile::
Keeping: Water

i think i may just use two and build the bio load, if and when i ever get another tank ill change it to one fx6 per tank

Last edited by kkjjjmccann; 09-02-2016 at 08:31 PM.