Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Disease, Health and Nutrition

Notices

Tropheus Disease, Health and Nutrition Discussion of Tropheus diseases, general health, nutrition and water conditions.

Old 09-17-2015
jhj0112

::Profile::
Keeping: F1 Kalambo/multies/eretmodus

another 24 hours passed.. he/she still is not eating but bulging seems to be bit better.. Her/his color is back to normal. I have to look closely which is the suspected bloat troph in. the colony so I guess it is good sign..

thanks andrew for the feeder idea! I don't have a feeder and may get one if he/she gets worseneder

Last edited by jhj0112; 09-17-2015 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-17-2015
dannyt

Keeping: 72 gal bowfront 22 F1 Mpulungu are in da house!!

swelling reduction = a positive step mate...another 24 hrs = another a positive step...2 positive steps = another positive step ...keep us posted
Old 09-17-2015
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhj0112 View Post
another 24 hours passed.. he/she still is not eating but bulging seems to be bit better.. Her/his color is back to normal. I have to look closely which is the suspected bloat troph in. the colony so I guess it is good sign..

thanks andrew for the feeder idea! I don't have a feeder and may get one if he/she gets worseneder
Oh nice! Yeah thats good stuff. Keep it going for at least 5 to 7 days to make sure that you are kicking the issue in the butt and do a good substrate siphoning afterwards. Nice work, keep it going and for sure. Keep us posted.

Always glad to hear successful bloat recovery stories. Bloat unfortunately happens but being proactive is the key!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mastiffman For This Useful Post:
brunofraga (09-18-2015)
Old 09-18-2015
jhj0112

another 24 hours passed.. the troph is pretty much same as 24 hours ago.

However, I found another troph that is not eating.. he/she looks fine no bulging or any physical sign but not eating...

I just completed 75% water change and another full dose of metro...

I hope I'm doing the right thing.....

does bloat take time to take over fish or quickly get worse??
mine is pretty much same except bit less bulging from the beginning..
Old 09-19-2015
Mastiffman

Water changes can stress the fish out so I would just stick to the 50% and be consistent for 7 days. If you feel that you need to use 2x the dose, you can.

But like I said, This is why I went to every 8 hours for dosing metro. Also, don't even feed the tank for the week of treatment. What food are you feeding them again? What is the guaranteed analysis of the food? Protein, fat and fiber?
Old 09-19-2015
jhj0112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
Water changes can stress the fish out so I would just stick to the 50% and be consistent for 7 days. If you feel that you need to use 2x the dose, you can.

But like I said, This is why I went to every 8 hours for dosing metro. Also, don't even feed the tank for the week of treatment. What food are you feeding them again? What is the guaranteed analysis of the food? Protein, fat and fiber?
I just switched to 8 hours treatment after you said 12 hours treatment is not effective( with my wife's help ) I have been feeding the same food from Day 1 NLS thera A and Omega veggie flake.. Feed them x3.. now I feed them x2 per day with 3% epsom salt solution.. I will stop feed them now..
Old 09-19-2015
Mastiffman

Quote:
I just switched to 8 hours treatment after you said 12 hours treatment is not effective( with my wife's help ) I have been feeding the same food from Day 1 NLS thera A and Omega veggie flake.. Feed them x3.. now I feed them x2 per day with 3% epsom salt solution.. I will stop feed them now..
I would do this above for at least 5 days from this point on...

This is exactly why I dont use NLS anymore. Seemed like even after they were on it for a while, bloat or dropsy would always pop up.
Old 09-19-2015
jhj0112

I dunno what happened but the bloat troph is worsened now. Almost sitting on sand still swimming though. bulging is about the same. Good news is the second troph who was not eating now picking up sands so I guess it is good..
Old 09-19-2015
Mastiffman

Quote:
I dunno what happened but the bloat troph is worsened now. Almost sitting on sand still swimming though. bulging is about the same. Good news is the second troph who was not eating now picking up sands so I guess it is good..

Sometimes you don't catch certain fish in time and it's inevitable that you will lose 1-3 before the treatment is over. Just keep doing what you are doing and don't worry. If you wanted to make sure that no secondary infections set in on any of them, you could use Furan-2 from API along with the Metro. They have a Synergistic effect anyhow.
Old 09-20-2015
jhj0112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
Sometimes you don't catch certain fish in time and it's inevitable that you will lose 1-3 before the treatment is over. Just keep doing what you are doing and don't worry. If you wanted to make sure that no secondary infections set in on any of them, you could use Furan-2 from API along with the Metro. They have a Synergistic effect anyhow.
Thanks Andrew!! It's now hard to tell if others are ok as I stop feeding them..
This thing is not fun!!