Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Disease, Health and Nutrition

Notices

Tropheus Disease, Health and Nutrition Discussion of Tropheus diseases, general health, nutrition and water conditions.

Old 01-30-2014
CiscoKid

::Profile::
Keeping: Maswa, considering other colonies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971ls6 View Post
I ordered the new nls algae max, it should show up later this week, $16 for 250 grams plus shipping!! Big ALS was the only one that I found that had it in stock, only 32%, 6% fat and 10% fiber! we I'll see
I also just ordered some as well to add to the rotation. I found it cheaper on ebay - 16.95 shipped for the 250 gram size. There's one left on there if anyone else it interested in trying it
Old 01-21-2015
benchwarrior

Long time reader first post to the forums. It seems nobody in this thread has answered the OP's question about feeding over 6-7% fat content. I've kept duboisi for the last four years and I use Omega One natural protien formula veggie flakes.
min crude protein 37%
min crude fat 10%
max crude fiber 2%

I feed them once per day and they spawned like crazy. I never had any issues with them gaining to much weight, bloat, etc. The only thing is the yellow stripe is not as prominent as it should be but the blues in their faces are incredible.
Old 01-25-2015
rufretic

Keeping: Kasanga, Maswa, Ulwile, Bulu point, Moops, Nkonde, Lufubu, Pemba

To the op, did you ever get the blues to come back to how the second group looked when you first added them? I've just witnessed the exact same scenario when adding my new red rainbows to my existing group and I feed 100% nls algaemax. The food is great and my fish are healthy and growing but they are so yellow and red they almost look like ilangi. I just thought this was the normal color, they are still amazingly colored but lacking almost all blue but a little in the dorsal. I would of never second guessed their color until I added the new group from the same WC colony. They are so much more blue they look like a different variant of troph. Now seeing them next to each other, I want that blue! I just purchased a bucket of the algaemax because I've been so happy with it but now I'm thinking I may have to feed the red rainbows something different if it has been proven the nls is what's causing the lack of blue. I will still use the algaemax for my other groups because they benefit from the bright yellows and reds but if I can get the red rainbows to show their blues by changing foods, then that's what I'm going to do.