Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Disease, Health and Nutrition

Notices

Tropheus Disease, Health and Nutrition Discussion of Tropheus diseases, general health, nutrition and water conditions.

View Poll Results: Feeding Your Trophs
Adult Trophs 145 24.58%
Juvie Trophs 149 25.25%
Both adults and juvies 296 50.17%
Voters: 590. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2008
imagirlgeek

::Profile::

Duboisi - Cichlid Excel (medium pellet, soaked and smushed), Spiralina Flakes
Nkonde, Moops, Kachese and Bemba - Cichlid Excel (medium pellet, soaked and smushed), Spiralina Flakes, NLS Thera A
Ikola and Moliro - Cichlid Excel (medium pellet, soaked and smushed), Spiralina Flakes, NLS Thera A, HBH Super Soft

We feed 2 to 3 times a day, depending on how much of a sucker I am for the 'Troph Face' that day.

We also feed Mysis as a treat occasionally.

The reason the Ikola and the Moliro are the only ones who get the HBH is because they are the only ones who like it. I probably won't buy that anymore after we run out. But they are ALL manic about the Cichlid Excel. The NLS is fed sparingly. With around 100 Trophs, we've only gone through 2 small containers of NLS in 3 months.

Our FishHouse
Old 04-27-2008
mmd

What, no one feed pizza (veggie pizza of course)!
The Following User Says Thank You to mmd For This Useful Post:
thegoodlife (10-21-2013)
Old 06-01-2008
THORLEIFDK
Trophs.com Ambassador

Keeping: Kalambo,Duboise,Polly,Chaitika

i feed my fish with spirulina flakes such as tetra and sera somtimes also osi and i do that4-8 times a day!i have the best experience with feding small amount many times a dayi!then i offer them disc or pelets-osi or tropical,and then at last twice a week i give them frozen cyclops....lots of juveniles
http://www.tago.dk/forum
Videos from my trip to lake Tanganyika,and other tanks:
http://www.youtube.com/user/THORLEIFDK
Malawi-forum in Denmark with pics and video from the lake:
http://www.wildcichlids.com
Old 06-08-2008
Nigalius

I feed as a primary feed, Tetra Pro vegetable but also often use Nutrafin Spirulina algae flake food. I also sometimes use JBL Novo Rift sinking algae sticks and as a treat I sometimes use Nutrafin Algae Tablets and press a couple on to the inside of the glass which the Trophs seem to like to graze on. I like to give a variation where I can as I think the fish do well with a change.

Cheers Nigel <:{{{><
Old 06-26-2008
flashg

I voted dannichi... I feed my adult tropheus once a day with 3mm and my juvies two to three times with the little 1mm pellets. I also feed the juvies some spirulina waffers on occation. I like dannichi better than flake, because it does NOT make a huge mess of my filters.

Never had a problem with bloat using this food and I have gone through 2 lbs of it so I want to say I have been feeding it for 3-4 months on multiple colonies, but it is probably been more like 6 months. For all you non-believers out there!

<a href="http://aquaticjunkies.com/" target="_blank">
</a>
Old 06-26-2008
Marko

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(flashg @ Jun 26 2008, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
I voted dannichi... I feed my adult tropheus once a day with 3mm and my juvies two to three times with the little 1mm pellets. I also feed the juvies some spirulina waffers on occation. I like dannichi better than flake, because it does NOT make a huge mess of my filters.

Never had a problem with bloat using this food and I have gone through 2 lbs of it so I want to say I have been feeding it for 3-4 months on multiple colonies, but it is probably been more like 6 months. For all you non-believers out there![/b]
This is good to hear as I have been gradually introducing the Dainichi Veggie FX baby sinking pellets to our medium-size Trophs and they absolutely love it. I'm impressed it has an Illangi on the front and per marinedepot.com it's the only product on the market I'm aware of that even mentions the word bloat, much less claims to nearly completely prevent it from happening.

Are there any other online retailers that carry this stuff? I like marinedepot but it takes at least a week to get product shipped, and they're more geared towards salt/marine.

Mark
Old 06-27-2008
Mr. Johnson

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Johnson

Update: I feed my ulwiles 4 times a day now. Sometime 6 when I have the time. I have been feed them ALOT more. On one has sunken in bellies. I notice after doing this for two months that the fish are going a lot faster.
Old 07-10-2008
Mcfly

Since I'm new to Trophs again, I'm not really sure how often to feed them. I currently feed them in the morning with NLS (that is New Life Spectrum for any newer newbys than me) and again lightly in the evening with spirulina/nls mix. With so much talk about bloat I'm hesitant to feed them more than once a day now. Since they are juvies I will continue to feed them twice but will lower the amount in the morning.
Old 07-10-2008
troph56

Keeping: Ilangi - Duboisii Maswa

I feed mine Sera Flora, NLS and give them organic Romaine leaves twice a week . I feed nothing else on the days they get Romaine as they pick at it most of the day.
Ikola
Kasakalawe
Lufubu
Pemba
Katoto
Brichardi Katonga
Kiriza Gold
Petrochromis Red Bulu Point
Old 07-13-2008
eklikewhoa

I have increased the feedings of my trophs a great deal....I have also upped the amounts of water changes to 70% 2x weekly to keep up with the added waste.

37 WC Ilangi's with about 40 1" fry = 2-3tspns of NLS 4x a day
35 WC Ulwiles with various fry = 4-5tspns of NLS 4x a day