Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Disease, Health and Nutrition

Notices

Tropheus Disease, Health and Nutrition Discussion of Tropheus diseases, general health, nutrition and water conditions.

Old 03-06-2016
leptosx

::Profile::
Default New moliro colony

Hi I just got a colony of 16 3" to 4" moliro from a friend all he has ever feed them is frozen brine I put a sheet over the tank for 24hrs then tried to feed them NLS and dainichi with no luck should I not feed them for few more days and try again or what would you do?
Old 03-06-2016
JkdJedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by leptosx View Post
Hi I just got a colony of 16 3" to 4" moliro from a friend all he has ever feed them is frozen brine I put a sheet over the tank for 24hrs then tried to feed them NLS and dainichi with no luck should I not feed them for few more days and try again or what would you do?
Don't feed them for 24-48 hours is a good idea, they're just getting use their new environment, sorta like us when we travel to a new country, the water and food is nothing like home. It'll take them probably 3 days to get use to new food, maybe 5. feed them a little (think of their eyeballs as the size of their stomachs)once daily just to test their appetite, and get rid of any uneaten food. And congrats dude on your new catch, these guys are a ruthless bunch so be prepared to play referee now and then.
Old 03-06-2016
leptosx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JkdJedi View Post
Don't feed them for 24-48 hours is a good idea, they're just getting use their new environment, sorta like us when we travel to a new country, the water and food is nothing like home. It'll take them probably 3 days to get use to new food, maybe 5. feed them a little (think of their eyeballs as the size of their stomachs)once daily just to test their appetite, and get rid of any uneaten food. And congrats dude on your new catch, these guys are a ruthless bunch so be prepared to play referee now and then.
Brine shrimp is the only thing they have ate since born do you think it will be hard to switch them to pellets?
Old 03-07-2016
stewartj22

It shouldn't be hard to get them eating something new. Hold off feeding a few days and then start lightly feeding them pellets. They shouldn't have a problem adjusting. Some may just take a little longer.
Old 03-07-2016
JkdJedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartj22 View Post
It shouldn't be hard to get them eating something new. Hold off feeding a few days and then start lightly feeding them pellets. They shouldn't have a problem adjusting. Some may just take a little longer.
This ^
Old 03-07-2016
leptosx

Thanks for the Help guys.