Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Disease, Health and Nutrition

Notices

Tropheus Disease, Health and Nutrition Discussion of Tropheus diseases, general health, nutrition and water conditions.

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2015
Troyale

::Profile::
Keeping: WC Nkonde, F1 Red Ndole, WC/F1 Bulu Point

I appreciate all the concern and input. For the record this is not my first group of wc tropheus and up until now i have not lost a fish during acclimation. I have lost some down the line though, but not during acclimation. I dont think the fish were shipped out knowingly with them not well, but the point is they did arrive not eating. I notified greg once the first one died b/c i have had fish that would not eat initially, so it was no big deal. Like greg mentioned they were set for a direct flight to arrive in the afternoon but were pushed back to arrive the following morning. I dont know if that extra time spent caused more stress on the fish or not, but im thankful thus far only 4 showed adverse effects. Of course i would love for the sick fish to be replaced, but i guess that's not how the business works. Greg has offered a discount on my next order if i decide to order again, so it is what it is. I enjoy the hobby and really dont involve myself with the fish politics and bickering over whats right and whats wrong. Yes it a costly hobby with costly losts, you just have to learn from your mistakes.
Old 09-01-2015
Mastiffman

[QUOTE=LittleAfricaAquatics.com;223874]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post

Im not Steven Hawkings but fish shipped Aug. 11th and its the 31st, so about 3 weeks I think. Troy might have got off on his time table not sure, but I have the invoice and AWB. Anyway what you don't know is a good deal and I have been in contact through pms with Troy the whole time and already made a offer to him to help out. Like I said when I haven't heard anything since Aug. 11th until now im not a mind reader and always here to help and never abandon anyone. You pmed me saying this matter should be between Toy and I but you seem to be keeping it going, not sure why? Not even sure what your comment T"hey'll be enough of that stuff seen soon too!" even means?

lol- Stephen Hawking.

Greg I was just saying the whole credit thing because that's what you've done for me in the past. As well as others. I didn't think that for one minute you wouldn't offer it. That's why I didn't think that it was a big deal to say it. Sorry about the confusion.

I was only trying to lighten the thread up with the Monday Quarterback thing too. I got a kick out of that comment. I've told you before that I think that you're a witty individual. I try to be too and that's funny stuff.

And football season is coming up and we all know that we've seen our share of "part time quarterbacks" playing. Or at least it seems. I'm not a big sports fan.

It's all good brother.

I was going to say on another thread that I almost think that the lack of use of Bi-Furan has brought on more stuff currently. Hence "especially these days". There seems to be a lot of issues lately with imported fish in general. EVERYONE is losing fish. Every Importer. It's not just one or two. I think that there's something else at play though. It has to do with my belief system though. Almost like it's a losing battle. But we have to at least try for sure. So its good that we all talk about the issues and try to share our experiences which is what I thought that Troy was trying to do.

I never even bother to ask who the importer was as I don't really even care. I was focused on trying to help him find the right meds. Being that I don't have a microscope and dyes to determine if it's a gran positive or gram negative. Although I've played around with the idea of acquiring a microscope setup for this reason.

I wish there was someone in the community that had this capability.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mastiffman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2015
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyale View Post
I appreciate all the concern and input. For the record this is not my first group of wc tropheus and up until now i have not lost a fish during acclimation. I have lost some down the line though, but not during acclimation. I dont think the fish were shipped out knowingly with them not well, but the point is they did arrive not eating. I notified greg once the first one died b/c i have had fish that would not eat initially, so it was no big deal. Like greg mentioned they were set for a direct flight to arrive in the afternoon but were pushed back to arrive the following morning. I dont know if that extra time spent caused more stress on the fish or not, but im thankful thus far only 4 showed adverse effects. Of course i would love for the sick fish to be replaced, but i guess that's not how the business works. Greg has offered a discount on my next order if i decide to order again, so it is what it is. I enjoy the hobby and really dont involve myself with the fish politics and bickering over whats right and whats wrong. Yes it a costly hobby with costly losts, you just have to learn from your mistakes.

Yep. I hear ya and that's why I focused on meds and stuff right from the get go. Didn't even cross my mine to ask where they came from. Didn't care. Just tried to help out with the issue.
Old 09-01-2015
LittleAfricaAquatics.com
Trophs.com Owner Sponsor And Admin

Keeping: A lot
Send a message via MSN to LittleAfricaAquatics.com

[QUOTE=Mastiffman;223877]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleAfricaAquatics.com View Post

lol- Stephen Hawking.

Greg I was just saying the whole credit thing because that's what you've done for me in the past. As well as others. I didn't think that for one minute you wouldn't offer it. That's why I didn't think that it was a big deal to say it. Sorry about the confusion.

I was only trying to lighten the thread up with the Monday Quarterback thing too. I got a kick out of that comment. I've told you before that I think that you're a witty individual. I try to be too and that's funny stuff.

And football season is coming up and we all know that we've seen our share of "part time quarterbacks" playing. Or at least it seems. I'm not a big sports fan.

It's all good brother.

I was going to say on another thread that I almost think that the lack of use of Bi-Furan has brought on more stuff currently. Hence "especially these days". There seems to be a lot of issues lately with imported fish in general. EVERYONE is losing fish. Every Importer. It's not just one or two. I think that there's something else at play though. It has to do with my belief system though. Almost like it's a losing battle. But we have to at least try for sure. So its good that we all talk about the issues and try to share our experiences which is what I thought that Troy was trying to do.

I never even bother to ask who the importer was as I don't really even care. I was focused on trying to help him find the right meds. Being that I don't have a microscope and dyes to determine if it's a gran positive or gram negative. Although I've played around with the idea of acquiring a microscope setup for this reason.

I wish there was someone in the community that had this capability.

That is fine Andrew, but you and I have had these talks and you know after everyone starting seeing more issues with herbivores I added Nitro green to my QT and its not cheap and a bit of a headache as it clouds the water green very badly and is hard to even see what is going on. So with all herbivores arriving from Africa I QT them, treat with Nitro Green, metro and parasite treatments. I observe them and make sure they are eating and in good health and then ship out. I cant see internal issues, organ issues, etc... but I do my best. I haven't been back in this business for 8 straight years and on top from not knowing what im doing or taking care of people. They are live fish so you will see it from time to time. Go to Cyphos where I supply a massive amount of the members fronts and you don't see much about things like this. Go back in the forum or other forums the herbivore issues have been around for along time, long before me. Like I have mentioned the way I pack the fish should have been fine but when there are delays I just worry where the fish sit, hot summer, cold winter, on the tarmac, have had it happen many times. Wit this exact shipment the fish had not only cleared QT but had been here for awhile and once again this is the first I was made aware of it going back to the 11th of Aug., the ship date. Before the thread heated up and derailed I had already pmed Troy and said I would work something out with him to help. Now if you think most importers are covering fish 3-4 weeks after shipping especially when the first they hear of a single issue is weeks later your crazy. I don't know of many. Within reason I always try to be there and help out when things go wrong, this isn't my side business like many others this is all I do and how I make a living. So I cant cover anything, any time, but I usually always work with customers when its a reasonable request. Im kind of done with this thread. Bottom line 3 weeks ago I shipped fish that had been here for a good amount of time and acting great and haven't had issues with any others I had shipped out. Just now I heard 4 out of 12 wouldn't eat, 8 are good, I pmed the customer and told him I would work something out with him, but it is always better to let the importer, seller know if you have issues ASAP or at least the same week of delivery. I think that is a fair request.
Old 09-01-2015
LittleAfricaAquatics.com
Trophs.com Owner Sponsor And Admin

Keeping: A lot
Send a message via MSN to LittleAfricaAquatics.com

Sorry put your address on there Troy was just copying the AWB to show arrival date since there seemed to be doubt. Its been removed. Anyway this post has derailed badly, let me know if you loose the last one not eating and well go from there. Andrew maybe just miscommunication, you know you can always call me. Closing thread.
Closed Thread