Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Disease, Health and Nutrition

Notices

Tropheus Disease, Health and Nutrition Discussion of Tropheus diseases, general health, nutrition and water conditions.

Old 04-09-2014
Mastiffman

::Profile::

My pleasure! Always looking to help out and make this hobby more fun and not so based off of stigma and worry.
Old 04-11-2014
TX2112

Keeping: Tanzania Star Sapphire Malawi's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
Sounds good. I've heard a from people that if you use antibiotics to much it cause resistant strain of bacteria.

That never made complete sense to me and I researched it and found, as I suspected, that if there are no bacteria present to be exposed to the antibiotic, if used appropriately it will do no hard to the fish. Better safe than sorry in my case.

BUT, if there are bacteria present, then it will kill them off and also be good. BUT the antibiotic has to be used in the appropriate dosage AND for the proper length of Duration.

Only if bacteria are present and an antibiotic is used in less than the required dosage and under the minimum appropriate duration can it cause antibiotic resistant bacteria. And it's Only for that specific antibiotic.

This is why Metro is best used 3 times a day and a minimum of 7 days is needed if using in the water. otherwise two feedings a day with metro treated food, preferably every 12 hours for 7 days is best.
Andrew got the metro flake food. Problem is everybody is eating except the male fish that I am a little cautious of health wise.
The fish looks healthy and swimming & chasing other males occasionally. Not really eating though, when he does spits it out right away.
I did the Epson salt treatment, fish did have white stringy poop after salt treatment.
But just one time, since then nothing else.

I have metro powder coming in the mail soon. Do you think I should stay the course with the metro flake or treat the water as a whole with the powder?

Thanks for your advice. Sure I am over cautious at this point but really don't want to lose.
Old 04-11-2014
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX2112 View Post
Andrew got the metro flake food. Problem is everybody is eating except the male fish that I am a little cautious of health wise.
The fish looks healthy and swimming & chasing other males occasionally. Not really eating though, when he does spits it out right away.
I did the Epson salt treatment, fish did have white stringy poop after salt treatment.
But just one time, since then nothing else.

I have metro powder coming in the mail soon. Do you think I should stay the course with the metro flake or treat the water as a whole with the powder?

Thanks for your advice. Sure I am over cautious at this point but really don't want to lose.
Do Daily water changes and use Epsom Salt along with feeding the Metro Flake. I would use the Metro Flake for 7-10 days.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mastiffman For This Useful Post:
Motorcity7.3 (04-11-2014), TX2112 (04-11-2014)