Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Species & Variants

Notices

Tropheus Species & Variants Discussion of Tropheus Species, Variants & Collection Points... including ID questions.

Old 12-01-2010
Mastiffman

::Profile::

Hey everyone!

I was curious to know if anyone knew of a Detailed list of Tropheus other than the Genus-Galery on Cichlid Forum.com?

I'm just wondering if there is one or has ever been one compiled?

Thanks for the help!
Old 12-01-2010
gernot

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mastiffman @ Dec 1 2010, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
Hey everyone!

I was curious to know if anyone knew of a Detailed list of Tropheus other than the Genus-Galery on Cichlid Forum.com?

Thanks for the help![/b]

what about the collection points maps in Schupke's Aqualog or Ad Koning's books?
Old 12-01-2010
Mastiffman

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gernot @ Dec 1 2010, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mastiffman @ Dec 1 2010, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quote:
Hey everyone!

Thanks for the help![/b]

what about the collection points maps in Schupke's Aqualog or Ad Koning's books?
[/b][/quote]

I'm looking for anything really....
Old 12-01-2010
bbboys

http://www.cichlidexplorer.com/category/la...lids/tropheini/

http://www.tropheini.com/tropheini.htm

both great websites
Old 12-01-2010
trophsbug

Keeping: wcduboisi maswa.. wc moorii lufubu . wc sp black pemba. wc moorii nkonde wc spblack kiriza kaiserll
Send a message via Yahoo to trophsbug

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bbboys @ Dec 1 2010, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2148/7/137/figure/F1
Old 12-02-2010
Mastiffman

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(trophsickness @ Dec 1 2010, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bbboys @ Dec 1 2010, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2148/7/137/figure/F1
[/b][/quote]

Ah yes! Nice lists. So compiled I'm sure that they are up to date. Does anyone know what most recent troph found was?
Old 12-02-2010
gernot

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mastiffman @ Dec 2 2010, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
Ah yes! Nice lists. So compiled I'm sure that they are up to date. Does anyone know what most recent troph found was?[/b]

Andrew,

you are looking for something that does not exists. The taxonomy of the Tropheu genus is incomplete (and probably will never be completed). All the lists you find are based on the scientific approach done by people like Konings, Schupke, Brichard, Poll and others plus the trade names that became popular among exporters/importers and hobbyists. A couple of things they have in common for sure, but there are still enough differences to cause confusion.
Old 12-02-2010
Mastiffman

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gernot @ Dec 2 2010, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mastiffman @ Dec 2 2010, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quote:
Ah yes! Nice lists. So compiled I'm sure that they are up to date. Does anyone know what most recent troph found was?[/b]

Andrew,

you are looking for something that does not exists. The taxonomy of the Tropheu genus is incomplete (and probably will never be completed). All the lists you find are based on the scientific approach done by people like Konings, Schupke, Brichard, Poll and others plus the trade names that became popular among exporters/importers and hobbyists. A couple of things they have in common for sure, but there are still enough differences to cause confusion.
[/b][/quote]

You may have mistaken my question... I was looking for the most complete compiled list of Known tropheus so far. And it seems these lists should provide the most information on what has been found "so far". That's good enough for me. It's understood that there are still new species being found. So it will be a long, long time if ever, before they list is complete. And according to evolutionists, the list cannot ever be comlpete if new species are being created with time...
Old 12-02-2010
gernot

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mastiffman @ Dec 2 2010, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
You may have mistaken my question... I was looking for the most complete compiled list of Known tropheus so far.[/b]
I understand that Andrew. And that's why i said that such a list (strictly seen) does not exist. Because every list is different. Some have more, some less variants on it. Does all have the Chilanga (for example)? Is this just a redish Ilangi or a variant on its own. Anyway, sooner or later you will make your own conclusions as we all did. :lol: