Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Species & Variants

Notices

Tropheus Species & Variants Discussion of Tropheus Species, Variants & Collection Points... including ID questions.

Old 01-22-2016
mefishy

::Profile::

Miguel, just watched your video and wishing my tank will look like yours. Nice setup you got there. It looks like I will be getting 30+ wc for my 125 but is it better to 2 species or just one? I am thinking of 2 species. One might be 20 nkonde and 15 of another. If only one then I would just get 30 of still not sure...lol
Old 01-22-2016
ms1tx

Keeping: Kalemie,Bulu Point,Lueba,Kasanga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefishy View Post
Miguel, just watched your video and wishing my tank will look like yours. Nice setup you got there. It looks like I will be getting 30+ wc for my 125 but is it better to 2 species or just one? I am thinking of 2 species. One might be 20 nkonde and 15 of another. If only one then I would just get 30 of still not sure...lol
Thanks. From my experience (never done it with WC though) when putting 2 species together, 1 always tends to show better than the other. Usually the more dominant group. Also depends on wether your looking to breed or not. If breeding then you should definitely stick to 1 group. And personally 1 big group of trophs in a 6 ft tanks looks pretty sweet.
Old 02-03-2016
ExReefer

As nice as Red Rainbow can be (my favorite), if you are looking to breed they can be one of the more difficult ones. I have spawned many trophs, but my WC RR group is stubborn and only spawned once. They are large, wild caught fish so I am truly puzzled as to why they don't spawn.
Old 02-04-2016
mefishy

Yeah RR is my fav also but it seem like everyone has them. Am sorry that your group is not breeding for you but I have seem many people that has successfully bred them. Am thinking of getting 30 wc nkonde. My buddy also suggested these guy Tropheus moorii Malasa blue dorsal yel rainbow. Does anyone have these guys or have seem these guys in person??? Not much info online but the pic he showed me was pretty awesome.