Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Photo Gallery Discussion

Notices

Tropheus Photo Gallery Discussion Share and discuss pictures of your Tropheus and aquariums.

Old 05-19-2015
dirt4949

::Profile::
Keeping: Chilambo,bemba,kaiserII,Green Murago,Brown Murago

they are doing really good and were placed in there new home last week i will try and text you pictures later. i was not able to get the second group i am guessing what is here between the two of us is all that we can get now it is up to us to breed them and get them out there.
Old 05-19-2015
dirt4949

What the hell is this wall of shame thing?
Old 05-19-2015
dannyt

Keeping: 72 gal bowfront 22 F1 Mpulungu are in da house!!

Are Moba II Murago's the same as Tanzanian Murago's? Be interested to see some comparative pictures Greg if you have or can get some?
Old 05-19-2015
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt4949 View Post
they are doing really good and were placed in there new home last week I will try and text you pictures later. I was not able to get the second group I am guessing what is here between the two of us is all that we can get now it is up to us to breed them and get them out there.
I think that it's best that the second batch was not brought in. And yes, between the two groups of ours the linages should be fine. Plus I have a male heavy group as well with young and older males. So that should allow for a good gene pool.

Quote:
What the hell is this wall of shame thing?
A way to try and shame people... on a "wall"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyt View Post
Are Moba II Murago's the same as Tanzanian Murago's? Be interested to see some comparative pictures Greg if you have or can get some?
No. The Moba II Murago is more of a yellow-ish color, light dots on the head and tend to typically have more blue in the fins. As well as the lower half of the throat.

Still a stunning fish to those with an appreciation for Tropheus.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mastiffman For This Useful Post:
dannyt (05-19-2015)
Old 05-19-2015
Mastiffman

I made some corrections to my simple mistake in post #14 of this thread and want to make sure that the information that I'm stating is as accurate as possible. There's already a lot of controversy over these fish anyhow so it's only right to make sure that I'm keeping the story straight here...

I absolutely didn't know how long these fish were in the States OTHER Than what I heard about them. So if they weren't in the states before they were made known on this forum.... I Apologize.

That still does not make it wrong, I feel, for me to have them. I can't just throw em back in the lake now. lol I can't throw that far. I can only provide and care for them as best as possible and distribute the fry here in the states.

Some have said that I should just give the fry away... Doesn't that seem a bit unfair as I'm the one paying for the energy, equipment, food and spending my time caring for them and the fry that will be producing?

I welcome advice about it.

I just have one question. Other than their rare status in the lake, how are they different from any other Tropheus fry sold?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mastiffman For This Useful Post:
dirt4949 (05-19-2015)
Old 05-19-2015
dirt4949

that is extremely unfair to think that you should give the fry away after time and money invested you are absolutely correct in that Andrew. i will be selling them for what an illangi would sell for and i think that is more than fair. how do you feel about that price?
Old 05-19-2015
Mastiffman

Quote:
that is extremely unfair to think that you should give the fry away after time and money invested you are absolutely correct in that Andrew. i will be selling them for what an illangi would sell for and i think that is more than fair. how do you feel about that price?
Honestly Dennis, you can sell them for what you would like to sell them for. lol

It's your choice. Just like it is mine. It was never about the money for me..

Not that it is for you either as I would proclaim that about someone, especially knowing what I know now about people.

On the other hand, it was only about the chance to help build the population here in the states. I originally contacted the previous owner about fry so that I could just grow them out. They looked like beautiful fish and if I could share them once they started spawning, I would. So when they fry were ready I had the opportunity to acquire the 12 WC adults and did so.

I'm not ashamed to have them like "some" say I should be. It's an honor to have them. As it is with every WC Colony of fish I own.

I was also informed today that the WC Colony of Tanz Muragos were in fact in the states before the thread was started about them in September 2014... So Technically I was correct but didn't have full verification of that.
Old 05-19-2015
dirt4949

Yes you are correct they were in fact here around then as i was supposed to get them but were sold a few hours prior to my call. i truly love this fish as i do the green murago which is my all time favorite and i hope to buy my wild caught colony back from my buddy when he is ready hopefully soon.
Old 05-19-2015
Mastiffman

Very Cool.

Im surprised that we don't see more of the unique Tropheus in the hobby. I was sent one Mpimbwe with my Ulwile and it's just a beautiful fish!
Old 05-19-2015
dannyt

Keeping: 72 gal bowfront 22 F1 Mpulungu are in da house!!

I think it is ridiculous to think or expect that your fry should be given away. Not only because of the initial purchase price, utilities, etc, but also buying in is a commitment to true ownership which usually (not always) results in greater care. I believe this is critical in the process of conserving rare species. With such few numbers in the US even exercising wisdom in deciding who gets them should also be part of the process. Experienced keepers, willing to pay, proof of meds on hand and a proven record of being able to detect early and treat sickness & disease. At least until multiple stable colonies are regularly producing fry. Just my 2 cents worth...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dannyt For This Useful Post:
dirt4949 (05-20-2015), Mastiffman (05-20-2015)