Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Disease, Health and Nutrition

Notices

Tropheus Disease, Health and Nutrition Discussion of Tropheus diseases, general health, nutrition and water conditions.

Old 06-30-2014
Mudduck

::Profile::
Keeping: F1 Green Murago Tropheous
Default Loosing Green Murago weekly......

I purchased 19 Fry online back in feb they showed up everything great then two months later I purchased 10 more fry from same place two of the 10 were dead on opening of the box so I put them in a small tank to watch for two weeks all looked good no problems and eating great! I put them in with the other fry all in the same 135 gallon tank with wet dry filter and giant Eshopps canister. After month or so I got a single fish stop eating acting stand off ish so I put him in a 20 gallon tank and treated with metro after three days he was dead.... Week later another fish acted the part same thing put in small tank and three or 4 days of metro and water changes he was dead also.... All my tank numbers are good, I do 50-75% water changes weekly. I lost 4 fish this way before deciding last week to treat the entire 135 tank to metro every 12 hours with 50% water change daily no lights no feeding I did this for 10 days straight! Yesterday was last day of treating with Metro.....I forgot to mention the last 4 days of treatment I soaked there flakes in metro and fed the fish all eating good but two. I noticed today I have fish with stringy white poop acting the part again damn damn damn I been talking with one person on what to do and doing what he says but am willing to put this out there and see what everyone else says please! I am using ebsom salt on every water change aswell. This frustrates me cause I have lot of money in these fish and in my past keeping these fish I always purchased wild caught groups and being new to the hobby got lucky fish would breed without me trying none died everything was easy and I always thought why do so many people have problems with these fish.... Well now im shaking my head! Im down to 20 or so fish now all look great showing colors eating but two I want to wipe this out whatever it is??? Metro for 10 days should have done it right?? Thanks and I am sorry for such long post! CD
Old 06-30-2014
Mudduck

None of these fish are bloated once they die, they just stand off and dont feed then pass white poop then die.....
Old 06-30-2014
MDTrophs

Where did you get them?

Russ
Old 06-30-2014
Mudduck

Little Africa same place I purchase all my fish...
Old 06-30-2014
MDTrophs

I bought 17 Purple Lufubu a few months back, they were fine for the 1st 3 weeks and then 1 strayed from the group, I treated with Metro and Epsom salt from the advice on a member here, It died and I continued the treatment. A week later I started losing one a week. I'm now down to 5 and their not looking good.

Russ
Old 06-30-2014
Mudduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDTrophs View Post
I bought 17 Purple Lufubu a few months back, they were fine for the 1st 3 weeks and then 1 strayed from the group, I treated with Metro and Epsom salt from the advice on a member here, It died and I continued the treatment. A week later I started losing one a week. I'm now down to 5 and their not looking good.
Russ what are you thinking?? Im sorry to hear the news..
Old 06-30-2014
Mudduck

Soooo Metro and ebsom salt didnt do it what does everyone recommend I do now? I need to treat the whole tank no sense in treating just one fish at time.... Thanks in advance. CD
Old 06-30-2014
GMfrontosa
Site Advisor

Keeping: Nothing at this time

have you tried Seachem Paraguard? I know everyone have been using Metro, but the Paraguard is like all in one treatment…

http://www.seachem.com/Products/prod...ParaGuard.html

good luck and hope everything goes well with your fish...
Old 06-30-2014
kyfront33

Keeping: More then I should be

With tropheus I always treat entire group. I don't remove any of them. If one is acting weird or is sick I start feeding metro soaked flakes 1 time a day with Epsom Salt. I do this for 5days. Also.all lights off. And a water change before and after. I consider it a success if I only lose the original fish. Usually works for me. In my experience removing fish from a colony is absolute last resort. You usually lose that fish anyways.
Old 07-01-2014
Troyale

Keeping: WC Nkonde, F1 Red Ndole, WC/F1 Bulu Point

I have had success with kanaplex. I follow the directions on the bottle as well assoak food in a kanaplex solution. Usually 3-4 treatments. Give it a try, hope all works out for u!

Also I read on a site today from an old fish store that when ever they had problems with tropheus they would remove the sick one and do a water change once a day for a week and that would solve the problem with out using meds. Never tried this but may give it a go one day if necessary.
The Following User Says Thank You to Troyale For This Useful Post:
Mudduck (07-01-2014)