Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Tanks & Equipment

Notices

Tropheus Tanks & Equipment Discussion of tanks, filters, heaters, lighting, UV and other equipment.

Old 03-16-2011
Mastiffman

::Profile::

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nicadmous @ Mar 15 2011, 02:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
225 would be freakin awesome! just check it over, make absolute sure there is no issues. i sold a 60 gallon tank and the guy checkin it out ignored the deep scratches on it. i was mainly selling the stand and canopy set with the tank, didn't even have a glass lid and told him there were scratches, but he was all excited for it so i guess he either just didn't really care for the scratches or was just too excited and completely ignored it.

anyways, awesome find all the same...ooooo boy...i c another cool build log comin :bouncy:[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mike Lynch @ Mar 15 2011, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
If I still lived in that area, I would beat you there. Great Steal.[/b]

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!

lied to AGAIN!!!!! I drive out to the guys house and the Stand and canopy looked like Sh!# and the Silicon was all ate up and BLUE! I specificlaly ask the guy about it! ALL of the equipment was JOKE!!! listing said brand new in box!? YEAH RIGHT! It was all crusty and loaded with deposits. he had it all closed up like I wasn't going to open the boxes... Then the guy has the audacity to TRY and sell me on it!? Teh starts asking me what was wrong with it and how would he be able to sell it better.....

OH YEAH! YOu know I did then! I picked apart just for the lying that he did! I Cleaned the house spic and span and move a bunch of Crap around to make sure that it woudl go smoothly once I got it home... LOL- Oh well.

back to the late hours of sifting through CL and sending a thousand emails requesting info on others. I do have some prospects though.

Everything happens fro a reason. Funny thing is that when I setup help from family over the phone... It started to drizzle out and the first thing that I thought of was.....

"Is this Rain a sign that I'm either Not Supposed to go out and get this thing OR I'm I not going to get it!?"
Old 03-16-2011
khangho05

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mastiffman @ Mar 16 2011, 02:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nicadmous @ Mar 15 2011, 02:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quote:
225 would be freakin awesome! just check it over, make absolute sure there is no issues. i sold a 60 gallon tank and the guy checkin it out ignored the deep scratches on it. i was mainly selling the stand and canopy set with the tank, didn't even have a glass lid and told him there were scratches, but he was all excited for it so i guess he either just didn't really care for the scratches or was just too excited and completely ignored it.

anyways, awesome find all the same...ooooo boy...i c another cool build log comin :bouncy:[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mike Lynch @ Mar 15 2011, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
If I still lived in that area, I would beat you there. Great Steal.[/b]

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!

lied to AGAIN!!!!! I drive out to the guys house and the Stand and canopy looked like Sh!# and the Silicon was all ate up and BLUE! I specificlaly ask the guy about it! ALL of the equipment was JOKE!!! listing said brand new in box!? YEAH RIGHT! It was all crusty and loaded with deposits. he had it all closed up like I wasn't going to open the boxes... Then the guy has the audacity to TRY and sell me on it!? Teh starts asking me what was wrong with it and how would he be able to sell it better.....

OH YEAH! YOu know I did then! I picked apart just for the lying that he did! I Cleaned the house spic and span and move a bunch of Crap around to make sure that it woudl go smoothly once I got it home... LOL- Oh well.

back to the late hours of sifting through CL and sending a thousand emails requesting info on others. I do have some prospects though.

Everything happens fro a reason. Funny thing is that when I setup help from family over the phone... It started to drizzle out and the first thing that I thought of was.....

"Is this Rain a sign that I'm either Not Supposed to go out and get this thing OR I'm I not going to get it!?"
[/b][/quote]
sorry to hear this bro. I hope you didnot drive too far for this.
Old 03-16-2011
swk

If you really want an 8'er, just be patient. One will come along. It took 4 months for me to find a 180 RR acrylic in decent condition, but it was worth the wait
Old 03-17-2011
nicadmous

Location: Orange, CA, USA, Mars, 2nd star on the right an straight on till morning
Keeping: soon

That seriously bites, i figure some people would lie but from the way it sounds...it was utter BS. sorry ya had to bother with that
Old 03-17-2011
Mastiffman

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Khang0613 @ Mar 16 2011, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
sorry to hear this bro. I hope you didnot drive too far for this.[/b]
About 25 minutes. The Sucky thing was that I had family come over and watch my children and had some come with in a seperate vehicle!?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swk @ Mar 16 2011, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
If you really want an 8'er, just be patient. One will come along. It took 4 months for me to find a 180 RR acrylic in decent condition, but it was worth the wait[/b]
It's going to go in a room that I don't have direct access to the Crawl space on that side without busting out some cinders... It's about a 15year old addition and it in good shape. But it seems like I would be better of getting a 135- 180 anyhow... Unless I moved the 180 I have to that room and put an 8 footer in the front room. That wall has an I-Beam right underneither it. So I'm still looking around either way...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nicadmous @ Mar 16 2011, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
That seriously bites, i figure some people would lie but from the way it sounds...it was utter BS. sorry ya had to bother with that[/b]

Yeah, it was funny though. His girlfriend was sitting at the counter/bar smoking a cigarette... I looked over at her while he was talking to me and my wife.... She was puffin' away and had this look on her face, looking at him, like "What a jackass!"

He told me that "they" were moving.. yeah right! She's probably fed up with the same BS lying that he did to us!

Get this though In pointed out to him that someone did a real sloppy seal job on the silicon and this is what he wrote in his "new and Improved" CL posting...

"Someone (Referring to me) came to look at it today, and it apparently also has silicone where the glass meets around the aquarium."

LMAO! What a GOOF!!! He thinks that I was saying that there was silicon there (on all of the inside corners where it's supposed be) when there wasn't supposed to be!

Poeple!? I swear.... Still looking.

I found a 180gallon Acrylic that is still wrapped up with shrink wrapped. It's never been drilled and filled but has an overflow panel. The owners "says" that there is a couple of small scratches Low on one side from the remove the film. But it looks like the film on the bottom is still there! So I'm trying to go and look at it and I'm waiting to hear from them...

He only wants $550!!! No stand or tops or anything though...

Sound like a Good price?

HERE IS THE LINK
Old 03-17-2011
nicadmous

Location: Orange, CA, USA, Mars, 2nd star on the right an straight on till morning
Keeping: soon

damn, that looks pretty good, i'd love to have an acrylic tank =)
Old 03-17-2011
Mastiffman

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nicadmous @ Mar 17 2011, 02:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
damn, that looks pretty good, i'd love to have an acrylic tank =)[/b]
You know.... I've taking the plunge and thought.. Why not take a look at it...

Knowing my luck though. The person sold it already and Still hasn't taken down the listing...