Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Species & Variants

Notices

Tropheus Species & Variants Discussion of Tropheus Species, Variants & Collection Points... including ID questions.

Old 07-16-2013
TroPhish

::Profile::
Keeping: Tropheus moorii 'Kasnaga' & Tropheus duboisi 'Maswa'

Were the parents to your new yellows carambas?

Or were they bembas?
Old 07-16-2013
demasoni

Keeping: Bemba Sunset, Ikola, Nkonde, Goby

Let me show you their pics. They can't be caramba according to pics.

Mother

Father

I know the father looks like a bulu point. But all the time i thought he is just impure bemba. And now i started to think that he is definetely a bulu. This really made me confused. Can hybridization cause a mutation like that?
Old 07-17-2013
nene

Send a message via Skype™ to nene

Quote:
Originally Posted by demasoni View Post
Let me show you their pics. They can't be caramba according to pics.

Mother

Father

I know the father looks like a bulu point. But all the time i thought he is just impure bemba. And now i started to think that he is definetely a bulu. This really made me confused. Can hybridization cause a mutation like that?

Mmmm your male is a strange bemba... Bembas (just like kiriza) have their band go up also into the dorsal fin.
Sample image taken from trophs.com gallery as an example:

I don't see this in your male so I think it could be an "imperfect" kisherfleck (would not call it bulu point because you don't really know the collection point. Can also be mabilibili or other) more than a bemba with an imperfect band.
So in the end... I think you have hybrids there
But anyhow it's strange that hybridization led to a totally yellow tropheus from the first generation after the parents. But who knows if also the parents are hybrids at this point?

I'm not trying to discourage you, if you like the look of your "new" fish it's ok. I was just trying to get some more precise info on how these were born

I can also say that caramba red bishopo are a different thing. It's a line bred and selected form from sp. black caramba. As far as I know no bemba or kirschfleck or hybridization behind them (even if there's no doubt they are man-made!)

Your fish look more like kiriza gold IMO, especially in the shape of the forhead (I find it quite different from other tropheus sp.)

That's only my personal opinion obviously

Old 07-17-2013
noddy

O.k, I don't want to sound rude or anything but, am I missing something here?
I have been following the progress of these fish ever since demasoni atarted posting on here and as far as I can tell, the male is not a Bemba. Have I missed some posts that clear this up? How are these fish not hybrids? I'm not here to slag off the fish by any means, or get into a slanging match re: whether or not hybrids are a good thing. I'm just a little confused as to what these fish are.
Old 07-17-2013
Sloory

Keeping: 20 F1 Kiriza

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddy View Post
O.k, I don't want to sound rude or anything but, am I missing something here?
I have been following the progress of these fish ever since demasoni atarted posting on here and as far as I can tell, the male is not a Bemba. Have I missed some posts that clear this up? How are these fish not hybrids? I'm not here to slag off the fish by any means, or get into a slanging match re: whether or not hybrids are a good thing. I'm just a little confused as to what these fish are.
Your absolutely right. That male is Bulu Pt!
Old 07-17-2013
demasoni

I bought them from a petshop 4 years ago as bemba when they were only 1". When i see the male i just thought he is a impure bemba. And i'm realizing now he is not. So i didn't know what he is before the yellows came. It wasn't on purpose.

You are right about not supporting hybrids. But if it was only a hybrid thing, they would be black and between bemba&bulu. But they are not.

And also these two tropheus are in same species. Only their varieties are different. This can't make the hybridization acceptable, and i know that. Just wanted to mention it.

Sorry to say but, i think there is nothing to do except saying let bygones be bygones.
Old 07-25-2013
demasoni

Hello again,
Please, let me show you the first babies of sunsets!

Mother is sunset and father is the bulu point' which is father of all sunsets.

And the first babies, they are 13. 7 of them are white, so they are sunsets and will turn to yellow. And 6 of them are normals and they are carriers for the sunset gene.

Sunset ratio is not %100 because of father is not sunset. I hope the all fries will be yellow if their parents were sunsets both.

Old 07-28-2013
demasoni

Hello again,

There are some new photos that i just took. Waiting for comments for these new variety of tropheus. Thanks.

Old 07-28-2013
rhickman

Keeping: Currently DRY :'(

They look healthy which is cool to see and it's too bad they're crossed but still something neat for those who are interested in crosses and mutations.
Old 07-28-2013
TroPhish

Keeping: Tropheus moorii 'Kasnaga' & Tropheus duboisi 'Maswa'

Crossed?

Anyway.. I think its pretty clear that these are at least not red bishop. OR kiriza FOR SURE

I think no matter what they are as far as locality goes... as far as there genetic mutation. I think that its new and completely unique to them.

As in this is not a gene from red bishop or some other already existing morph popping back up down the road.

Just my .02

Have you grown out any of the noramls to where they have shown color?

I need to re read this thread.

John