Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Species & Variants

Notices

Tropheus Species & Variants Discussion of Tropheus Species, Variants & Collection Points... including ID questions.

Old 04-09-2016
zebra

::Profile::
Default TRUE Tropheus Kiriza (Kaiser 2) QUESTION

I have always loved T. Kirizas (Kaiser 2). I find the bright lemon yellow band so beautiful and contrasting against the jet black body. I find them much more attractive than the T. Ikola Kaiser, as I am overwhelmed with the predominance of the WIDE yellow band.

What is very troubling to me is that all of the Kirizas I have seen for sale over the past several years... including "wild" specimens are not "pure" yellow. As they mature, some develop ORANGE bands like the T. Pemba/Bemba while others do have the yellow bands.

Even though claims are made that the F-0s are direct from Africa, they also produced both yellow and orange striped offspring.

ANY thoughts would be greatly appreciated...
Old 04-09-2016
Troyale

Keeping: WC Nkonde, F1 Red Ndole, WC/F1 Bulu Point

Fish are like any other animal including humans, they all dont look the same. Five siblings can all have different complexions/colors. Sometimes you might get a group with little to no variation in colors and sometimes you dont.
Old 04-10-2016
ExReefer

I think is about quality. I'm sure the fish that get caught are sorted based on size and quality (color). Not every vendor can obtain the high quality fish because numbers are limited and therefore some vendors sell low quality trophs. I am sure there are nice yellow band kirizas out there, but it seems like they hardly every make it into the U.S.
Old 04-10-2016
JkdJedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExReefer View Post
I think is about quality. I'm sure the fish that get caught are sorted based on size and quality (color). Not every vendor can obtain the high quality fish because numbers are limited and therefore some vendors sell low quality trophs. I am sure there are nice yellow band kirizas out there, but it seems like they hardly every make it into the U.S.
Maybe the reason the Ikolas are more popular? They do make it to the U.S. Would like to to a Kiriza in person though, they look like Wipper Snappers!