Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > General Aquaria Forums > General Aquaria

Notices

General Aquaria Discussion for general topics of aquaria.

Old 08-14-2015
Mastiffman

::Profile::
Default I know use USPS Shipping.

Hey Gang.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've ventured out into USPS Shipping this past day and had a successful overnight shipping from Livonia (Detroit suburb), MI to Amarillo, TX.

The Fish were packed for about 24 hours and were perfectly fine. Didn't doubt that part. USPS was perfectly fine when I asked if they shipped live fish and told them that's what was in the box. I wasn't going to lie about it like has been implied before that I may have to do. I wasn't comfortable with that.

The Only thing was that shipping overnight to Amarillo, TX was about $23 ($85) more than Delta Same Day Air Cargo. So I'm going to try shipping via 2 day priority express next time which should go fine also as I've kept 3x 2" fish in only 3 cups of water with pure O2, boxed up for 60 here once as a test and they were fine. Still have them. And I use way more water per fish than that with my normal shipping practices.

So anyone that doesn't live very close to an airport that allows Delta Shipments (as this case was), this will allow them to pick their orders up at their local post office.

Looking forward to working with many more people!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mastiffman For This Useful Post:
dannyt (08-14-2015), GMfrontosa (08-14-2015)
Old 08-14-2015
maladobe

::Profile::

I just got my fish from Andrew today. I couldn't be more pleased. Even using the mail, everything went great. The bags were exceptionally well packed, and still plump with oxygen even after shipping. Very smooth transaction, and every single fish survived the journey. I would recommend anyone to try out Andrews fish, even with the two day option.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maladobe For This Useful Post:
dannyt (08-14-2015), Mastiffman (08-14-2015)