Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Talk

Notices

Tropheus Talk Discussion of Tropheus in general.

Old 01-17-2014
johnnyblade

::Profile::
Keeping: Tropheus moorii Ikola "Kaiser Yellow"
Default Buy or Not 10 WC Tropheus Moorii Ilangi

I just saw an add for 10 WC Moorii Illangis for 300$,They are 5" long between 2 and 3 yrs old.Should i jump on it or wait.Very rare around here.I'm freaking because i really want a WC colony.Also says they breed many fry.What's the consensus with this???
Old 01-17-2014
1711FM

10 for 300 bucks is a steal, you'll need to check them out first whether they are what's being advertised. I mean if they are really ilangi I'll jump on it right away!!

Our greatest glory is not in never failing but in rising every time we fall
Old 01-17-2014
DireWolf

Keeping: Petro "Orange Fin Kigoma" Tropheus sp. Red Moliro

Not really a large enough colony IMO to diffuse aggression. What size tank do you have in mind for them and are these being added to a current group that you have? Also, is the ratio stated?
Old 01-17-2014
johnnyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1711FM View Post
10 for 300 bucks is a steal, you'll need to check them out first whether they are what's being advertised. I mean if they are really ilangi I'll jump on it right away!!
That's what i was thinking.I'm going to see them tomorrow afternoon.Hopefully they are nice.If so they"ll have a new home.Thanks for the input.
Old 01-17-2014
johnnyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf View Post
Not really a large enough colony IMO to diffuse aggression. What size tank do you have in mind for them and are these being added to a current group that you have? Also, is the ratio stated?
Good point,i will ask that right now.I'm thinking of putting them in a 90 gallon or 120 gallon.Not sure yet.I think i will leave them by themselves.
Old 01-17-2014
Toneloc

When you doubt you miss out!
The Following User Says Thank You to Toneloc For This Useful Post:
Mastiffman (01-17-2014)
Old 01-17-2014
Hungvanvo

Keeping: Red Rainbow, Lufubu, ILangi. Blue Rainbow, Ujiji.

For me $300 for 10 of 5 inch is good deal for WC Ilangi, But I will not buy group of 10 with unknown ration and it a small group you will have to deal aggress fish when they start breed. It just me , I don't like to buy fish 5 inch or more, because the stage to breed at 3.5 to 4 inch and they breed like a rabbit and also you can see them grown that is the best part to keep fish. I have small Lufubu ( 10 of 5.5 inch ) and they just stay the same size and it take me 6 months to get first fry form them. Don't get me wrong as they 5 inch full color and beautiful to show.
I am sorry because you living in Canada don't have much choice. If you living US and you like Ilangi fry and it is available in this forum Like VinnyNguyen, Chrishem and Rivet-10 have some for sale from $10 to $15 ( You get 20 to 30 for the same amount money) and it is just my thought.
This my small group Lufubu it feel blank in the tank and I cannot wait to the fry grown to 2 inch so I can put them in there by then the tank will look better.
Old 01-17-2014
johnnyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungvanvo View Post
For me $300 for 10 of 5 inch is good deal for WC Ilangi, But I will not buy group of 10 with unknown ration and it a small group you will have to deal aggress fish when they start breed. It just me , I don't like to buy fish 5 inch or more, because the stage to breed at 3.5 to 4 inch and they breed like a rabbit and also you can see them grown that is the best part to keep fish. I have small Lufubu ( 10 of 5.5 inch ) and they just stay the same size and it take me 6 months to get first fry form them. Don't get me wrong as they 5 inch full color and beautiful to show.
I am sorry because you living in Canada don't have much choice. If you living US and you like Ilangi fry and it is available in this forum Like VinnyNguyen, Chrishem and Rivet-10 have some for sale from $10 to $15 ( You get 20 to 30 for the same amount money) and it is just my thought.
This my small group Lufubu it feel blank in the tank and I cannot wait to the fry grown to 2 inch so I can put them in there by then the tank will look better.
Ratio is 3 males 7 females as of now. I understand your point too about seeing them grow and have fry. Remember the fry will also be F1 which i can keep and build another huge colony or sell them and recuperate my expenses.Something to think about.
Old 01-17-2014
risharv

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyblade View Post
Ratio is 3 males 7 females as of now. I understand your point too about seeing them grow and have fry. Remember the fry will also be F1 which i can keep and build another huge colony or sell them and recuperate my expenses.Something to think about.

I am from montreal as well!! Agreed not to many choices over here!!
Old 01-17-2014
Hungvanvo

Keeping: Red Rainbow, Lufubu, ILangi. Blue Rainbow, Ujiji.

As you know the ratio 3M7F that is a good ratio and it will take you a little time to build huge colony. I am sure you are already set your mind to buy it so if you get them please post some pic or video because I love Ilangi too.