Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Talk

Notices

Tropheus Talk Discussion of Tropheus in general.

View Poll Results: would you rather?
30 F1 Pemba Orange flame (TROPHEUS SP. BLACK "PEMBA&quot 15 38.46%
30 great strain domestic Cherry spots (TROPHEUS SP. BLACK "BULU POINT&quot 24 61.54%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2010
jbjack

::Profile::

Hey guys want my next colony of trophs to be sp. black but keep flip flopping back and forth between cherry spots and Orange flame pembas - hear are my options -

30 cherry spots for $320 shipping included - Domestic, but very nice batch and great strain.

30 orange flame pembas for $375 shipping included - F1

what would you prefer and why? I have ordered from both places before and respect both of them. great service and great quality stock.

I like pics I see of them on the net equally, both having some awesoem colours, both having some shittier looking colours - Is one or the other more consistantly nicer looking?

I have read alot about how crazy active the cherrys are, I like that - fun to watch, but dont seem to find info like that on the pembas, what is there activity level like? are all sp. black crazy mofos, or just the cherry spots?

what do you think is over all more impressive in a tank? and why?

any other infor on these to varients would be helpfull in making my decision, back in a bit to read your opinions, back to the never ending google search to get more info (as much as I can any ways) on these two fish.

Thanks!!!
Old 08-23-2010
gernot

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbjack @ Aug 23 2010, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
I like pics I see of them on the net equally, both having some awesoem colours, both having some shittier looking colours - Is one or the other more consistantly nicer looking?[/b]
Cherry Spots are more consistent in colour. Did you see pics of the fish you gonna buy? Or at least their parents?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbjack @ Aug 23 2010, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
I have read alot about how crazy active the cherrys are, I like that - fun to watch, but dont seem to find info like that on the pembas, what is there activity level like? are all sp. black crazy mofos, or just the cherry spots?[/b]
I read here recently that Cherry Spots are hyper?! Not sure what this means but there are several Troph variants that are pretty active and i would not single out the Cherries. Hyper anyway sounds to me like being on speed :lol:
Old 08-23-2010
jbjack

the consistant in colour thing is kinda the feeling i got looking a various pics ect on the net. The on speed thing sounds cool lol! ok, so far leaning towards the cherries - and I am waiting on the pics...... hard tho some times to tell in a pic ya know?
Old 08-23-2010
destinyends

I would prefer Bembas. Coz I had them once and really enjoyed them. They showed fun and joy and ofcourse every characteristic behaviours of Tropheus. Brave and non stop violence ( chasing I meant) Great looking F1 Bembas should be your choice

Old 08-23-2010
pogi2009

I can only speak with Bemba, because that is the Trophs I have. They are crazy, lots of movement. My only complain is that at close up, they start to change to lighter color, but at a distance, I can see those bold orange bars... don't know why, maybe just my setup...
Old 08-23-2010
jbjack

ah you guys! I was hoping this would swing drastically one way, and look at the votes - 50% orange flame, 50% cherry spots lol! seems the Bemba owners have more to say tho then the cherry spot owners.... thats interesting. I am curious about what pogi2009 said - abou the colour fading - are they more prone to be nervous / skiddish to loose there colours then the cherrys? or will the cherrys be like that too? my lufubus seem to keep there colours nicely when i go to feed and watch them, even tho they are just starting to get there colours......

Pogi - have you had them since fry, or did you buy them as adults? are they domestic, wild, or f1. f2 etc.....

c'mon cherry owners defend your trophs lol! would like to get some input from cherry owners aswell.

btw denis, why did you have them once, and no longer do?
Old 08-23-2010
ad2crl

Send a message via Yahoo to ad2crl

I picked Cherrys due to the fact they are my first colony. Bias...yes...but justified. They are Hyper from the time the light comes on in the tank.
Both cool blk species.
Old 08-24-2010
nene

Send a message via Skype™ to nene

I think you will be happy with both. I think that there are no differences in behaviour between the two. The colour is a matter of personal taste. The best advice is to go and see them in person and pik what you like most. Personally I would go bemba. I like the look of bemba juveniles more than juvenile bulu points. Both fish are beautyful when adult

Old 08-24-2010
gw12269

Keeping: Polli, Murago, Lufubu

I vote for Bembas. Mine are a little over an inch and starting to color up. Also a picture of the parents. Cherry Spots are cool too. I had an opportunity to get cherry spots from a LFS but they looked like some of them had bloat when I went to purchase them.

Follow me on twitter @buckslayerwells
Old 08-24-2010
geost

Gaw nice bembas! The ones I use to have, not all looked like that, all wc. Voted for cherries as much more consistent in color IMO.