Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Tankmates

Notices

Tropheus Tankmates Discussion of compatible Tropheus tankmates.

Old 04-20-2015
shortempermj

::Profile::

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddy View Post
What size is the tank?
I tried mixing my Cyps with my Trophs in a 5' 120g and it didn't work out at all.
The tank is a 90 gallon.. what happened to the cyps? Did they get killed by the trophs?
Old 06-09-2015
shortempermj

question brothers.. i added some tropheus in my tang community tank. They don't seem to bother my other fishes, but I'm really worried about the feeding. ever since i added them, i only feed twice a day with mix of spirulina and NLS that has been soaked. But my other fish are not so fast so I feel like my tropheus are the ones that are eating 80% of the food i put in. I'm kind of worried about bloat. Any ideas on feeding so i can spread the amount of food. My other tangs are always hungry too but the tropheus are just fast.
Old 06-09-2015
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortempermj View Post
question brothers.. i added some tropheus in my tang community tank. They don't seem to bother my other fishes, but I'm really worried about the feeding. ever since i added them, i only feed twice a day with mix of spirulina and NLS that has been soaked. But my other fish are not so fast so I feel like my tropheus are the ones that are eating 80% of the food i put in. I'm kind of worried about bloat. Any ideas on feeding so i can spread the amount of food. My other tangs are always hungry too but the tropheus are just fast.
I would try feeding them more often. Not as much at a time. This will give the others more chances to feed. It might take a couple of days or a week for the others to get what's going on. Tropheus are Very competitive eaters.

Just make sure that they are not leaving to much on the bottom regularly. That will degrade water quality quickly.
Old 06-10-2015
shortempermj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
I would try feeding them more often. Not as much at a time. This will give the others more chances to feed. It might take a couple of days or a week for the others to get what's going on. Tropheus are Very competitive eaters.

Just make sure that they are not leaving to much on the bottom regularly. That will degrade water quality quickly.
Actually they really try to finish everything to the point where I don't know if the others are getting enough..
The tank sure does look good with tropheus adding a lot of movement, but as early as the 2nd day, I already see some nipped fins on the other fishes. Is it going to get worse?
Old 06-10-2015
Mastiffman

I would give it some time. but watch them closely. Looks nice though.