Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > General Aquaria Forums > General Aquaria

Notices

General Aquaria Discussion for general topics of aquaria.

Old 03-18-2014
JimA

::Profile::
Keeping: Red Rainbows inda house

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971ls6 View Post
Go out and buy some Acurel F, do not overdose, it will turn the water cloudy for an hour and then it turns crystal clear, amazing product without killing the bio, this will tell you if it a bacterial bloom or substrate fine particles. Try a diatom filter if you have one.

Just an update on my cloudy water. I picked some of the Acurel F product up on Sunday afternoon, water was still cloudy from previous water change. I added 4 tbs of this product to the tank and it clouded up even worse to start after 30 min this is what the tank looked like.. Click on the pic..

It was still clear this morning, I plan on doing a 30% change tonight so will see how it comes out. I will say if you have a cloudy tank this stuff will defiantly clear it up.

It's not something I want to continue to use, I would like to figure out the problem, but I was amazed at what it did.. Thanks for the idea 1971ls6 Still not sure if it's mechanical or biological my guess is it's mechanical? If it were biological Would it still have cleared?
Old 04-05-2014
TX2112

::Profile::
Keeping: Tanzania Star Sapphire Malawi's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExReefer View Post
I would not touch the filters for a month at a minimum and see if it clears up. My feeling is you are cleaning the filters too often. And try 20-30% water changes for a while.
Agree about the cleaning to often. I think sometimes our best efforts to maintain pristine water back fires. Let it ride and see the out come.

The Following User Says Thank You to TX2112 For This Useful Post:
JimA (04-06-2014)