Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Photo Gallery Discussion

Notices

Tropheus Photo Gallery Discussion Share and discuss pictures of your Tropheus and aquariums.

Old 01-25-2016
ms1tx

::Profile::
Keeping: Kalemie,Bulu Point,Lueba,Kasanga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan_Blue View Post
Awesome Group. I got their parents from John and they look amazing too. John did a great job picking out the best ones for that group for you. Enjoy them bud. amazing group.
Thank you sir. Was wondering who the parents went to. You have an awesome looking group yourself.
Titan_Blue (01-26-2016)
Old 01-25-2016
ms1tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan_Blue View Post
Awesome Group. I got their parents from John and they look amazing too. John did a great job picking out the best ones for that group for you. Enjoy them bud. amazing group.
Thanks. Was wondering who those wilds were going to. You have a nice group yourself.
Old 01-26-2016
Titan_Blue

Thank you bud. Like John said take good care of those beauties. They are an amazing group.

John don't forget me about the the food too bud.

By the way John had these great groups he sold and was an awesome person to deal with. Will do business with him anytime. Great guy.
Old 01-26-2016
TroPhish

Keeping: Tropheus moorii 'Kasnaga' & Tropheus duboisi 'Maswa'

You too guys got the exact same bags of food.

The adult food mix is 1lb Dainichi Veggie Delux and 1lb Veggie FX that I got from Your Fish Stuff, 3lbs Omega One Super Kelp sinking from Kens, 500 grams jar NLS Thera A 2mm from Kens, And green supreme pellets from Your Fish Stuff.

The Green supreme recipe has changed. It used to be this high fiber food but I think its a different ingredient list now. Id probably omit it.

I used to measure it out and think up certain proportions, but in the end, I just mixed it in the sizes it came in above and then put it back into the containers all mixed.

The basic idea is that simply by reaching in and grabbing food without looking, you are giving them a random variety of food all the time.

The fry food is a jar of Omega One Super Kelp Micro pellets and a jar of NLS grow mixed. The idea there is that the NLS grow give the fry nice growth rates and the fish are ready to transition on because it has NLS and Omega one in it as well.

They make a smaller baby size Dianichi that I mix into the fry food to make a mid size food too. So that would make for a fry crubmble that then transitioned into the mid size food, that then transitioned into the adult pellets. They never saw flakes and your water will thank you for that!

The Disks are from Greg at LAA. I only fed them every once in a while as they can cloud up your water if you feed them too often.

Hope that helps!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TroPhish For This Useful Post:
ms1tx (02-01-2016), Titan_Blue (01-26-2016)
Old 01-26-2016
Titan_Blue

Thank you very much John. I'll do the same for them. They are very healthy the way you were feeding them.
Old 02-20-2016
ms1tx

Here's an updated video of my f1 maswa group. All are doing great. Have since the last video added the 16 f1 fry I purchased from John (TroPhish) late last year to the mix. Some are already starting to band up.
Old 02-20-2016
JimA

Keeping: Red Rainbows inda house

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms1tx View Post

Here's an updated video of my f1 maswa group. All are doing great. Have since the last video added the 16 f1 fry I purchased from John (TroPhish) late last year to the mix. Some are already starting to band up.

Looking good and hungry, just what you want.
The Following User Says Thank You to JimA For This Useful Post:
ms1tx (02-21-2016)
Old 02-20-2016
TroPhish

Keeping: Tropheus moorii 'Kasnaga' & Tropheus duboisi 'Maswa'

Lookin good! The fry are coming along nicely.
Old 02-20-2016
JimA

Keeping: Red Rainbows inda house

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroPhish View Post
You too guys got the exact same bags of food.

The adult food mix is 1lb Dainichi Veggie Delux and 1lb Veggie FX that I got from Your Fish Stuff, 3lbs Omega One Super Kelp sinking from Kens, 500 grams jar NLS Thera A 2mm from Kens, And green supreme pellets from Your Fish Stuff.

The Green supreme recipe has changed. It used to be this high fiber food but I think its a different ingredient list now. Id probably omit it.

I used to measure it out and think up certain proportions, but in the end, I just mixed it in the sizes it came in above and then put it back into the containers all mixed.

The basic idea is that simply by reaching in and grabbing food without looking, you are giving them a random variety of food all the time.

The fry food is a jar of Omega One Super Kelp Micro pellets and a jar of NLS grow mixed. The idea there is that the NLS grow give the fry nice growth rates and the fish are ready to transition on because it has NLS and Omega one in it as well.

They make a smaller baby size Dianichi that I mix into the fry food to make a mid size food too. So that would make for a fry crubmble that then transitioned into the mid size food, that then transitioned into the adult pellets. They never saw flakes and your water will thank you for that!

The Disks are from Greg at LAA. I only fed them every once in a while as they can cloud up your water if you feed them too often.

Hope that helps!
Not to thread jack here but since it's food and info prolly doesn't matter much.

So I have been feeding with the YFS supergreen veggivore flake and NLS algae max 1mm mixed up like you. How do you like the dianichi compared to say the NLS? Same with that omega super kelp mixture sounds interesting? I have not looked at the ingredients on either yet.

So far I have been really happy with the veggivore flake, but looking into swapping pellets maybe.
Old 02-21-2016
ms1tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroPhish View Post
Lookin good! The fry are coming along nicely.
Thanks John. Yeah some already have crazy wide stripes formed. I can't get enough of this group.