Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Photo Gallery Discussion

Notices

Tropheus Photo Gallery Discussion Share and discuss pictures of your Tropheus and aquariums.

Old 01-03-2015
Troyale

::Profile::
Keeping: WC Nkonde, F1 Red Ndole, WC/F1 Bulu Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeZee View Post
Their color is AMAZING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezebraman View Post
I always thought kasangas were nice but yours are amazing,congratulations on your group
Quote:
Originally Posted by timber317 View Post
Stunningly beautiful fish!!!
Thanks guys, im really excited about this group. I cant wait to get them in the 7 footer so they can have more space to swim about. I would love to get 10-20 more, but im happy with the group that i have now.
Old 01-03-2015
Troyale

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahling View Post
Nice! Brilliant color through the group!
Yes, i was surprised by the consistency throughout the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supadave View Post
Looking good !! First time seeing this collection point.
Thanks, this is my first time seeing them in person. A guy out of NY posted some pics of his back in 2010, and they were very nice as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1711FM View Post
Wow.... They look like ilangi for sure
Nice goldheads.... I also keep them together, but the trophs will nip on their fins
Yeah im interested in seeing how they look once they are fully settled in. The alpha male is always bright and on the proll. The goldhead is a f1, but i have two wc adults that are smoking hot that i got from a friend that got them frm Greg 3-4 yrs ago.
Old 01-03-2015
Mastiffman

Yeah they're awesome. What kind of lighting on the tank if you don't mind me asking...
Old 01-04-2015
rrraptor

Keeping: Tropheus D. Maswa, Tropheus Kasanga RR's,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyale View Post
Thanks Drew.

Appreciate it John. I got these from Tom. I was skeptical at first until he sent me two pics, then i was sold. He said they were nice, and they seem to keep getting nicer. Definitely will take another vid when i get them settled in their new home.
I noticed the red dorsal fins leading edge is a deep blue/purple hue making them look black when closed. Very interesting , Very nice variant.

3-WC White Calvus (trio)
21-F1 Tropheus RR Sub-adults
19-F1 Tropheus Maswas Sub-adults
1-55gl full of F1 white Calvus juveniles
7-Cyathopharynx Foai Sibwesa
Old 01-04-2015
Troyale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
Yeah they're awesome. What kind of lighting on the tank if you don't mind me asking...
Thanks, its a coralife t5 with 67k & actinic bulb(both need to be changed pretty dull) and a current led on the white button setting. i like the lighting on the current led but not bright enuff to my likings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrraptor View Post
I noticed the red dorsal fins leading edge is a deep blue/purple hue making them look black when closed. Very interesting , Very nice variant.
I see you have a great eye to detail! They sure do and the dorsal fins have alot of blue in them, but its hard to see from the video. Im just using my cell phone, have to invest in a nice dslr camera.
Old 01-04-2015
Mastiffman

Quote:
Thanks, its a coralife t5 with 67k & actinic bulb(both need to be changed pretty dull) and a current led on the white button setting. i like the lighting on the current led but not bright enuff to my likings.
Ah yes. the 48" Current USA Satellite is only about 800 lumens. I have one and although it a nice fixture it would be better on 4ft tank that is short, like a 60g breeder. But the 48" Current USA Satellite+ fixture is 2000lumens and does quite well at properly representing the colors.

I have 3 48" and 2 36" and they are nice. Super low watts as well! The 48" full blast is only 36 watts I believe. Definitely looking to switch all of my lighting to these eventually. Will save quite a bit on the utilities. lol
Old 01-05-2015
Troyale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
Ah yes. the 48" Current USA Satellite is only about 800 lumens. I have one and although it a nice fixture it would be better on 4ft tank that is short, like a 60g breeder. But the 48" Current USA Satellite+ fixture is 2000lumens and does quite well at properly representing the colors.

I have 3 48" and 2 36" and they are nice. Super low watts as well! The 48" full blast is only 36 watts I believe. Definitely looking to switch all of my lighting to these eventually. Will save quite a bit on the utilities. lol
I will have to look into the Satellite + models. I also want to switch all my lighting to led's and switch most of my filtration to canister filters(fluval & eheim).
Old 01-05-2015
Mastiffman

Quote:
I will have to look into the Satellite + models. I also want to switch all my lighting to led's and switch most of my filtration to canister filters(fluval & eheim).
Another good filter to look into are the Red Sea Ocean Clear or Inlands Seas Nu-Clear canister filters. You can get the pleated cartridges and slap some Bio-Media bags and Purigen in the middle of them and power them with anything from a Mag-drive 5-18 using 1/2"-1" nylon barbs and link as many of them together in series or even parallel as you'd like. I hang my mag -drive with air line from the bottom of may cabinet top and they are almost dead silent! I have 4 right and looking for more. Best to use ball valves before and after to make pulling the cartridge simple. I also have unions on either end for ease of cleaning the can if need be but haven't needed to yet.

Super easy to clean IMO. When the cartridge gets dirty, just shut of intake valve, open the air release valve on the lid a tad and the pump will pull a tad bit of water out, then shut the output valve, pull the lid, pull bio-media and rinse in tank water, put the new clean cartridge in then bio-media and reassemble and off you go. Then take the dirty filter, rinse well with water and place in a bleach solution in a bucket overnight and rinse well the next day and it's back to new.

They are way better than clean a big ole FX5 that weighs 65lbs full of water, media and waste. And the clarity is unreal with a 25 micron 40ft cartridge! you can also get padding inserts to go in the middle of the cartridges and the cartridges will stay much cleaner for longer and just clean the padding. I bought mine all used and 2 of the cartridges are like years old. They last forever if maintained!
Old 01-05-2015
LittleAfricaAquatics.com
Trophs.com Owner Sponsor And Admin

Keeping: A lot
Send a message via MSN to LittleAfricaAquatics.com

They have been around forever, RR used to just be called Tanzanian RR because they all come from the stretch off the Tanzanian coast. Kantalamba and Kasanga are right there and there is very little difference in them as they all are from the same region. Some say the Kasanga get alittle more blue in the dorsal, but I have got them both in under both names and their pretty much spot on. Like I said in the old days they would just list them as Tanzanian RR, didnt matter if they were closer to Kantalamba or Kasanga or both. Nice looking fish though.
Old 01-05-2015
gw12269

Keeping: Polli, Murago, Lufubu

I have the Kambwimba Red Rainbows. I got them from Reserve Stock. They look like everyone else's Kasanga.
Follow me on twitter @buckslayerwells