Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Disease, Health and Nutrition

Notices

Tropheus Disease, Health and Nutrition Discussion of Tropheus diseases, general health, nutrition and water conditions.

Old 02-29-2012
longdrag

::Profile::
Keeping: Dubs, Ilangis, Kirizas, Moliros, Red Rainbows, Red Cheeks, Kalambos
Default Fish Acting Lethargic

I have a mixed tank with Troph's, Fronts, a few Peacocks and I'm noticing a few of the fish acting a bit lazy. All in All there are about 17-20 fish in my 72bow and the water conditions are perfect from Ammonia, PH, Nitrites, Nitrates and temp. I did a 40% water change and have the lights on a timer and had my friend feed the them New Life Spectrum Cichlid Formula pinches 2-3 times a day while i was away for about a week. The last water change was about a week ago but when I came home today, I noticed that a few of the fish were hiding, acting lazy and not really showing their faces for eating. This was probably about 4-5 of them. 2 peacocks, 1 duboisi. The rest of them seem find but i cannot understand why my tank is having such a lull going on when normally the tank was so alive with fish swimming everywhere. Any ideas please let me know or if you have any questions please let me know. There are no real signs of anything wrong on the fins or on their bodies. My guess is that there is a full grown Venustus in the tank but he seems to be for the most part harmless but they could just be scared of him. I just found it strange that this would be the case since the tank has been running with pretty much the same group for over 3 months.

LD
Old 02-29-2012
longdrag

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdrag View Post
I have a mixed tank with Troph's, Fronts, a few Peacocks and I'm noticing a few of the fish acting a bit lazy. All in All there are about 17-20 fish in my 72bow and the water conditions are perfect from Ammonia, PH, Nitrites, Nitrates and temp. I did a 40% water change and have the lights on a timer and had my friend feed the them New Life Spectrum Cichlid Formula pinches 2-3 times a day while i was away for about a week. The last water change was about a week ago but when I came home today, I noticed that a few of the fish were hiding, acting lazy and not really showing their faces for eating. This was probably about 4-5 of them. 2 peacocks, 1 duboisi. The rest of them seem find but i cannot understand why my tank is having such a lull going on when normally the tank was so alive with fish swimming everywhere. Any ideas please let me know or if you have any questions please let me know. There are no real signs of anything wrong on the fins or on their bodies. My guess is that there is a full grown Venustus in the tank but he seems to be for the most part harmless but they could just be scared of him. I just found it strange that this would be the case since the tank has been running with pretty much the same group for over 3 months.

LD

I also noticed that they are still swimming but hiding in the rocks, one of my albino peacocks and 2-3 others have a slight red/pink color by their gills and just swimming in their normal horizontal position but they are just slow and not as hyper as normal... /sad
Old 02-29-2012
Turon

Make sure your water is well oxygenated.
Old 02-29-2012
longdrag

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWMfishdude View Post
Make sure your water is well oxygenated.
I have a 60g sized pump with a 12inch bubble curtain in addition to my aqua clear 110 breaking the top
Old 02-29-2012
Turon

Still could be an issue.