Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Tanks & Equipment

Notices

Tropheus Tanks & Equipment Discussion of tanks, filters, heaters, lighting, UV and other equipment.

Old 07-05-2016
Mudduck

::Profile::
Keeping: F1 Green Murago Tropheous
Default 8ft Fish tank 1" unlevel end to end stupid move... Help

I made a foolish move and put my new 8ft tank in my living room and didn't level it now it's set up fish are in and everything is running the right side is 1" under rim to water line where the left side is full. I have owned four 6ft tanks never had to level them one was on other side of the room and never leveled it but this one is bad.... How do I fix this ? It's on carpet can I get composite shims drain half tank and try that way?
Old 07-05-2016
dirt4949

Keeping: Chilambo,bemba,kaiserII,Green Murago,Brown Murago

you need do do this stat as that's a lot of water pressure plus a lot of water that will be on your house floor. drain the tank as much as possible and get it level before the ends split on you.
The Following User Says Thank You to dirt4949 For This Useful Post:
Mudduck (07-05-2016)
Old 07-05-2016
Mudduck

Keeping: F1 Green Murago Tropheous

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt4949 View Post
you need do do this stat as that's a lot of water pressure plus a lot of water that will be on your house floor. drain the tank as much as possible and get it level before the ends split on you.
I got composite wedges i would like advice on where and how to use them please. If the back side is against the wall or just few inches away i cant put them there but the end that needs to be raised i can get to. If its 8ft tank and its 1'' off at one end it should not take 1'' shim to even it out imo. also I can't just shim one end can i wont that leave a void in middle of the stand? Thanks in advance. Chris
Old 07-05-2016
darthvader4bwu

Keeping: 1 WC Trewvasae Male 14 F1 Petrochromis Trewvasae 14 F1 Moshi 12 Petrochromis Macro Nsumbu

Drain the tank and if possible move it an inch away from the wall.Shim the tank and use a level to make sure that it's level on both ends, you can google the procedure and find it on YouTube.
The Following User Says Thank You to darthvader4bwu For This Useful Post:
Mudduck (07-05-2016)
Old 07-05-2016
JkdJedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudduck View Post
I made a foolish move and put my new 8ft tank in my living room and didn't level it now it's set up fish are in and everything is running the right side is 1" under rim to water line where the left side is full. I have owned four 6ft tanks never had to level them one was on other side of the room and never leveled it but this one is bad.... How do I fix this ? It's on carpet can I get composite shims drain half tank and try that way?
Just as u said, take as much water out as u can and shim the stand at the bottom (NOT THE TANK). Had to do this when I use to live in a garage converted to a living space. Good luck man, I'd help out if I could.
The Following User Says Thank You to JkdJedi For This Useful Post:
Mudduck (07-05-2016)