Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > General Aquaria Forums > General Aquaria

Notices

General Aquaria Discussion for general topics of aquaria.

Old 04-06-2015
oxheart

::Profile::

this is an exchange he and I had months ago .

To:support@kensfish.com
Subject: out of everything

I really like ordering from you , my wife and I have made several thousand dollars worth of orders over the last few years . However I find myself at a place where you are out of everything , please tell me is this a temporary problem or does this signal a time when I must find a new supplier?

Rick and Shannon

The industry is changing and allot of the companies that have made products have sold to other large companies. This has driven cost of the goods way up. We can bring some if these products in from the large companies but in most cases they come from China and they can be brought in for a much cheaper price. We have started to work with a couple of suppliers overseas and we will be bringing some of the products in directly.
In other cases companies have bought out other companies and that has not gone well. A large company that supplies the majority of the pet supplies in the USA has had fill rates of 50-60% coming in to us. Some things we canít control. The things we can control we are working them.
We have been as frustrated as everyone else but these companies have exclusive distribution rights to some products. They can come from anywhere else.
Old 04-06-2015
troph56

Keeping: Ilangi - Duboisii Maswa

In that case I guess they will be on the loosing end of the deal as I need the best prices I can get when I have so many tanks. I noticed now that his prices on the Satelite series of lighting including Satelite plus and Pro are now higher than Amazon. If these costs can't be brought under control I may have to just reduce the amount of tanks I keep. The whole point of all this merchandise being made in China was to keep costs down for consumers while companies were reaping more profit.
Now it's looking more like a loose for consumers, does that really surprise anyone here (00)

I still think Ken was better off specializing in aquarium supplies !
Ikola
Kasakalawe
Lufubu
Pemba
Katoto
Brichardi Katonga
Kiriza Gold
Petrochromis Red Bulu Point
Old 03-07-2018
troph56

Keeping: Ilangi - Duboisii Maswa
Default Kens update !

Just a quick update :
I've been shopping at Kens for years and spent a lot of money there, however my last order had mistakes in it and I did NOT receive the order as it was ordered. I ordered a gallon of Stress Coat and received a 16oz size, I also ordered Spirulina flakes and they were not sent. I have since tried contacting Kens 4 times now and have not heard one word back regarding my order. This is NOT how you treat loyal customers, at this point I suggest caution when ordering from him. I've noticed for the last couple of years that they are increasingly out of stock on a lot of items, I'm not sure why but it has been frustrating.
I hope I hear something soon or get a refund, if not I will never shop there again.
Ikola
Kasakalawe
Lufubu
Pemba
Katoto
Brichardi Katonga
Kiriza Gold
Petrochromis Red Bulu Point