Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Breeding

Notices

Tropheus Breeding Discussion of Tropheus conditioning, breeding, venting/sexing, fry care and rearing.

View Poll Results: Is it worth stripping eggs from females?
Yes, strip the eggs 24 48.98%
No, let her hold until she spits 25 51.02%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2013
Mastiffman

::Profile::

Quote:
Originally Posted by 聲gel @ View Post
As well you comment it is the best system for the survival of the babys...
Old 02-15-2013
noddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
There is no technique to Surviving... it's either hide or Be Eaten until you are big enough to defend yourself.

And it doesn't have any affect on them this has been proven before and amny have attested to the parenting skills in female fry being absolutely no Different if they are stripe from their mother when young or left to be tended to or not.
That's your opinion, not fact, and nothing has been proven. Hell, you can't even tell the difference between a Lufubu and a Chaitika . And who is amny? You don't really believe your first sentence do you? Here's one technique, the female opens her mouth, and the fry swim in.
The Following User Says Thank You to noddy For This Useful Post:
聲gel @ (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddy View Post
That's your opinion, not fact, and nothing has been proven. Hell, you can't even tell the difference between a Lufubu and a Chaitika . And who is amny? You don't really believe your first sentence do you? Here's one technique, the female opens her mouth, and the fry swim in.
It's not just an "opinion" as it HAS been proven by other memebers (who's name slips my memory at the moment) on This Very Site!

Here is my point, Fry that I've also raised that I've stripped as Fertelized eggs without knowledge of Maternal instinct, turn into parents and "Somehow Know" exactly what to do!

I.E. Spawning Behavoir, Survival, Maternal Practices as the parents have from thousands of Generations before them... So that alone disproves the "opinon" that the fry "Need" interaction with mother to know how to survive and reproduce.

Please see that it's a silly notion to think that these animals "Need" interaction with their parents to know how to be what they are... The Biological Sincetific community has put many ideas into society that aren't proven facts but people still accept them as fact.

"amny".. Simple typing error of fast typing! At least I used the appropriate letters... Unlike some.

And Chaitika and Lufubu... it's very easy to tell the difference.

And taking someones leanring process and using that time frame to describe their final knowledge is an illogical claim. but thanks for the attempt...
The Following User Says Thank You to Mastiffman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2013
moganman

It is indeed fact. Someone on this site who is a friend of mine did something that people who don't agree with stripping wouldn't believe. He imported either 5 or 6 wild caught fish. Only one female. He controlled aggression and got the female to start producing. He stripped eggs after 5 days. After two and a half years, he has a colony of healthy and breeding fish. Colony is pushing 35-40. He has a fry factory going on and his females are great mothers. Those fish that he has never knew their mother as a protector. Animals have instinct.
Old 02-15-2013
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by moganman View Post
It is indeed fact. Someone on this site who is a friend of mine did something that people who don't agree with stripping wouldn't believe. He imported either 5 or 6 wild caught fish. Only one female. He controlled aggression and got the female to start producing. He stripped eggs after 5 days. After two and a half years, he has a colony of healthy and breeding fish. Colony is pushing 35-40. He has a fry factory going on and his females are great mothers. Those fish that he has never knew their mother as a protector. Animals have instinct.

+100 and thank you for your support!
Old 02-15-2013
noddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
It's not just an "opinion" as it HAS been proven by other memebers (who's name slips my memory at the moment) on This Very Site!

Here is my point, Fry that I've also raised that I've stripped as Fertelized eggs without knowledge of Maternal instinct, turn into parents and "Somehow Know" exactly what to do!

I.E. Spawning Behavoir, Survival, Maternal Practices as the parents have from thousands of Generations before them... So that alone disproves the "opinon" that the fry "Need" interaction with mother to know how to survive and reproduce.

Please see that it's a silly notion to think that these animals "Need" interaction with their parents to know how to be what they are... The Biological Sincetific community has put many ideas into society that aren't proven facts but people still accept them as fact.

"amny".. Simple typing error of fast typing! At least I used the appropriate letters... Unlike some.

And Chaitika and Lufubu... it's very easy to tell the difference.

And taking someones leanring process and using that time frame to describe their final knowledge is an illogical claim. but thanks for the attempt...
O.k bud, look I'm not going to argue with you on this, I have read enough discussions over the years to make up my own opinion. I would like to know what your last sentence means though.

Last edited by noddy; 02-15-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-15-2013
Mastiffman

Quote:
O.k bud, look I'm not going to argue with you on this, I have read enough discussions over the years to make up my own opinion. I would like to know what your last sentence means though.
"Arguing"

I believe this was your comment... Which I'm sure others would possibly agree, is quite the argumentative statement.

Quote:
Hell, you can't even tell the difference between a Lufubu and a Chaitika
I merely intended on offering my experience on this situation to help others understand that there are indeed other ways of accomplishing tasks with greater success, than what the mojority can sometimes imposed on people. No Biggie.
not to start an argument... it's okay if people disagree. Furthermore, it's also okay for people to provide logical opinions based off of Experince, instead of just an opinion... correct?

Moving forward... So, are you saying the these "other" discussions that you referenced give consistent emperical evidence that Tropheus Fry "Need" to experince maternal behavoir to properly and successfully reproduce their own fry? Or were these other discussions based more off of opinions, yet again?

And being that you're such a "Smarty Pants", I'm sure you can look at the previous posts and figure out what it means...

It's a friendly discussion. There's no need to turn all Crabby Patty...
Old 02-15-2013
聲gel @

Keeping: Tropheus moorii Mpulungu WC

Quote:

Hello bobo,

I share your opinion, though I respect the opinion of Mastiffman. For my, to extract babys to the mothers of the mouth, it turns out to be to me artificial, unnatural.

Normally this practice of "extracting" eggs or babys, is related to the "business" that proves sell young females Tropheus.

I understand as a hobbyist the Tropheus, non-profit-making...

Best regards,

聲gel Arroba

My channel in Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TropheusAngelArroba

My new import of Tropheus: http://trophs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24177

My Tropheus moorii Mpulungu WC: http://trophs.com/forums/showthread....057#post193057
Old 02-15-2013
noddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 聲gel @ View Post
Hello bobo,

I share your opinion, though I respect the opinion of Mastiffman. For my, to extract babys to the mothers of the mouth, it turns out to be to me artificial, unnatural.

Normally this practice of "extracting" eggs or babys, is related to the "business" that proves sell young females Tropheus.

I understand as a hobbyist the Tropheus, non-profit-making...

Best regards,

聲gel Arroba
Well, I've been called a few things in my time, but Bobo? C'mon
Old 02-15-2013
聲gel @

Keeping: Tropheus moorii Mpulungu WC

Quote:
Well, I've been called a few things in my time, but Bobo? C'mon

Hello noddy,

Sorry, but I was jumped by the translator of Chrome (damned translators). Your nick in Spanish, is bobo. Forgive for the mistake!

Best regards,

聲gel Arroba

My channel in Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TropheusAngelArroba

My new import of Tropheus: http://trophs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24177

My Tropheus moorii Mpulungu WC: http://trophs.com/forums/showthread....057#post193057