Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > General Aquaria Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > The Trophs.com Community

Notices

The Trophs.com Community Post birthday greetings, member announcements, etc. here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2013
#1 Cichlids
Site Advisor

::Profile::
Keeping: Tangs,Malawi,Haps

Quote:
John
Here is a link to my post back in December of 2012.
http://trophs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24144
Angel
At the time Angel had told me Turon is bad.When the post came up on turon getting outed i asked Angel if the issue was taken care of and he said yes with frontosas and wanted no part what was going on cause i wanted Angel to express his bad deal on this..This whole thing with turon is pretty much dead.He is no longer a sponser here so if you get a raw deal be sure you been warned!!Josef really?? Yes it is REAL!!!
Old 09-20-2013
1711FM

I started the thread but I thought I ended it yesterday.
Folks please remember we're here for the fish, nothing else!! Hope everybody keep that in mind. Thank you....

Our greatest glory is not in never failing but in rising every time we fall
The Following User Says Thank You to 1711FM For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013
TroPhish

Keeping: Tropheus moorii 'Kasnaga' & Tropheus duboisi 'Maswa'

Quote:
Originally Posted by swk View Post
If you're gonna keep taking jabs at me you might as well say my name. Sorry, but I don't take sides here folks. I'm not gonna stop talking to Turon because you got burned. I'm not here to gossip and pay high school girl political games. On this site I enforce the rules as Greg lays them out. Nothing more and nothing less. Forgive me for not getting irate about the fact that you got ripped off. A lot of people had good experiences with the guy you keep trashing, including good friends of mine and some senior members and moderators at this site. So chill the eff out. I refuse to be brought in the drama. I'm here for the fish, not for bs pissing matches
Sean, when did you find out that calvusking was Turon? Befor or after his mass PM?

You mean to tell me that when you responded to his ad ...on this site...BEFORE his mass PM.....and that he in no way communicated his identity to you? I must admit...thats Hard to believe.

Or did you know it was him and allow him to lurk? Just asking a legit Q.

Becasue if you knew that it was him....then that wasnt inforcing the rules.

And in turn it put forum members at risk.

However, only you will know the truth there.

BUT do you atleast agree that sending a mass PM out to members here to get business is unethical business practice?

Can you agree that he did indeed do that? After being banned?

That he was knowingly doing something he shouldnt?

Do you agree with that?

Have you talked with him about that and express that he is not welcome here?

And to not come back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moganman View Post
WE ALL KNOW ABOUT TURON!!!!!!! How many times are we gonna hear about him? Dude was banned, given a bad name, and exiled from this community. And the same people keep talking about him over and over and over again. Can we talk about fish? Is this turon.com or trophs.com? If you don't want to spend money with him then DON'T!!! If other people want to let them. It's not a hard principle to understand. This is unattractive to members who actually give good info about tropheus keeping. This is so irrelevant.

To get with the real talk. I don't know or care if the fish Turon has are what he says they are or what he was told they are. Color polymorphism has been described mostly in central and south america but not in Africa as much. The slightest of variations in colors are present in different collection points. Look at all of the red species. The duboisi. Ujiji and kalemie. Can't make judgement based on pictures or reputation. That's downright wrong.
Sorry bro,

1. Whats downright wrong is sliding like a snake under the radar onto a site that he claims he doesnt need...and sending mass PMs. Its unethical...and desperate. REmember...he was banned...and it was the breaking of the rules that started this. His beating is self inflicted.

2. They are Yungus. That is clear. Even disc spotted it...on his own.

3. And your right...dude was banned...and HE KEEPS COMING BACK uninvited...So in theroy...its not a dead horse.

4. Your right...we need to get rid of people like that so that this place is atractive to people with lots of experince. Remember..he came here with his ad. Step up and do something for your fellow community members.

5. NOt everyone knows about him. As you can see...there are new guys that had not heard. AND once again..HE came back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moganman View Post
This thread originally is fine. Now people are talking about his fish not being what they are labeled as. Not relevant. They aren't buying the fish anyway so why express opinion about the fish? Is it sincere concern for others or frustration?
VERY RELAVENT....Gosh if he is going to wrongfully advertise...he should at least ask some pros to help him get his labeling right...REMEMBER..he came here.

And Damn right I aint buying the fish...they are MISLABLED! HOw would newbs know if no one said anyrthing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1711FM View Post
I started the thread but I thought I ended it yesterday.
Folks please remember we're here for the fish, nothing else!! Hope everybody keep that in mind. Thank you....
Your right...thats exactly why I said what I said.

Im hear for the community and the fish.

Sometime you have to walk a rocky road.

But its because I actually wouldnt want someone like you to buy the wrong thing...its the only reason I said a word.

My honesty is unconditional.

If anyone dosent like me...no worries at all.

I feel I did what was right for the long term benefit of the community.

John
Old 09-20-2013
TroPhish

Keeping: Tropheus moorii 'Kasnaga' & Tropheus duboisi 'Maswa'

AND EVERYTHING I POST IS ON ME....
Im not conected with Greg.

OR ANYONE.

No one is my boss. Im just a hobbiest. PERIOD.

And I buy from others.

And I ran none of this by anyone.

Its just what I as a human feel is right... ie...I have balls.

I stand firm...on my own.
Old 09-20-2013
elblin

Keeping: Ikola, Murago

10 rules for being a bad moderator:

1. Don't visit the forums you are moderating often. Twice a month is enough. Nobody cares.
2. Don't start new threads at your forum. That's the users' responsibility. You are only there for editing and deleting threads.
3. Argue with users as much as you can. You don't have anything to loose since you are the moderator. Never bring personal matters to private messages. And remember that your opinion is the only one that counts.
4. Don't respect the other members, make fun of them. If they make spelling errors then criticize them, if they have a poor or unargumented opinion destroy them with words. If they ask for help about using the forum don't help them.
5. If nobody answers a thread don't answer yourself, the user didn't wanted an answer anyway.
6. If a user makes a dupe thread in the forum don't be nice, it's the users’ fault not to know the 40+ pages that the forum has in search of a similar thread. And never ever give him a link to the content he is searching for.
7. Don't edit the bad words in posts. Fights are fun!
8. If a user is misbehaving ban him immediately, don't try sending him a private message or a warning, it's useless.
9. Close all the threads you want. Users love to see closed threads.
10. A way to be cool is to talk about the private forum threads in the public forum. Administrators love the fact that you tell all the users about the content of the private threads.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elblin For This Useful Post:
Mastiffman (09-20-2013)
Old 09-20-2013
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by elblin View Post
10 rules for being a bad moderator:

1. Don't visit the forums you are moderating often. Twice a month is enough. Nobody cares.
2. Don't start new threads at your forum. That's the users' responsibility. You are only there for editing and deleting threads.
3. Argue with users as much as you can. You don't have anything to loose since you are the moderator. Never bring personal matters to private messages. And remember that your opinion is the only one that counts.
4. Don't respect the other members, make fun of them. If they make spelling errors then criticize them, if they have a poor or unargumented opinion destroy them with words. If they ask for help about using the forum don't help them.
5. If nobody answers a thread don't answer yourself, the user didn't wanted an answer anyway.
6. If a user makes a dupe thread in the forum don't be nice, it's the users’ fault not to know the 40+ pages that the forum has in search of a similar thread. And never ever give him a link to the content he is searching for.
7. Don't edit the bad words in posts. Fights are fun!
8. If a user is misbehaving ban him immediately, don't try sending him a private message or a warning, it's useless.
9. Close all the threads you want. Users love to see closed threads.
10. A way to be cool is to talk about the private forum threads in the public forum. Administrators love the fact that you tell all the users about the content of the private threads.
Now THAT... Would make a good Sticky thread!
Old 09-20-2013
LittleAfricaAquatics.com
Trophs.com Owner Sponsor And Admin

Keeping: A lot
Send a message via MSN to LittleAfricaAquatics.com

Just got done bringing boxes in the pouring rain and have to put up now, but someone told me to check out Turds website and his slandering my name because he knows hes in big trouble. I left him alone and didnt care if he slinked off into the darkness and died, but he keeps coming back, sneaking on to my site with a phoney name and now wants to try to run my name and my business 7yrs of sterling reputation through the mud against his one rocky year in the business, well its full out war and trust me im not out to leave him alone now, when I come to play, I come hard. The funny thing is this little chump crys lawer when ever anyone talks about him and I havent even bothered him except when he sneaks onto my site and now hes in full slander mode, talking about my fish, funny thing is the genius knows we get our fish from the same place, better put on your big boy pants you little punk because I wont stop until this hobby is purged of you and your fake bullying tactics and felon life style, should have just slinked off, mark these words, 9/20/13 you signed up for war with the wrong cat. Dont worry people I never show my full hand, ive been here before, I always keep a file on sponsors from the get go, bewteen that his horrible rep, his criminal past and his just being him hes in for a world of hurt. I didnt ask for it, but buckle your chin straps, Ill play! I know your reading this as as soon as I posted from the road about my import he text me with his idle threats, so read up chump, its chess not checkers!
Old 09-21-2013
#1 Cichlids
Site Advisor

Keeping: Tangs,Malawi,Haps

Slandering is all he has Greg to try to make a desperate dollar from your name.Please this is getting way out of hand and I can feel the anger.Now the thread has taken multiple directions which was not focused on the original focal point.Now we will go back to the fish we truly love and what Trophs.com is all about.All due respect.This is Closed!!
The Following User Says Thank You to #1 Cichlids For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread