Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Tankmates

Notices

Tropheus Tankmates Discussion of compatible Tropheus tankmates.

Old 06-30-2015
noddy

::Profile::

Nice video Andrew. Love the little calvus fry.
Just curious, I was always under the impression that true inkfins had black pectorals, and that any calvus that have opaque pectorals were not actually inkfins.
Not sure if it's just the lighting in the video, but the pectorals appear to be opaque.
I could also be totally wrong re: the pectorals.
Old 06-30-2015
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddy View Post
Nice video Andrew. Love the little calvus fry.
Just curious, I was always under the impression that true inkfins had black pectorals, and that any calvus that have opaque pectorals were not actually inkfins.
Not sure if it's just the lighting in the video, but the pectorals appear to be opaque.
I could also be totally wrong re: the pectorals.
You know you may actually be right. These don't have the black pectoral fins. They are opaque, like you said. I don't think that I ever looked into it before. I was told they were Ink Fin from the people I got them from. Or maybe They actually just said black calvus and I assumed ink fin for some reason.

Thanks!

Would this make them Congo BC's ?

EDIT: Or just straight up Zambian?

Last edited by Mastiffman; 07-11-2015 at 09:26 PM. Reason: added comment.
Old 07-01-2015
noddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
You know you may actually be right. These don't have the black pectoral fins. They are opaque, like you said. I don't think that I ever looked into it before. I was told they were Ink Fin from the people I got them from. Or maybe They actually just said black calvus and I assumed ink fin for some reason.

Thanks!

Would this make them Congo BC's?
I'm no expert on them myself Andrew. I just know that true inkfins were very rare in the hobby. I've seen them advertised on lists lately though. There are some very nice, "black congo white pearl" calvus out there.
If you search "inkfin" on C.F, you can spend a week trying to get to the bottom it
Here's one link:
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/v...c.php?t=210832
Old 07-01-2015
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddy View Post
I'm no expert on them myself Andrew. I just know that true inkfins were very rare in the hobby. I've seen them advertised on lists lately though. There are some very nice, "black congo white pearl" calvus out there.
If you search "inkfin" on C.F, you can spend a week trying to get to the bottom it
Here's one link:
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/v...c.php?t=210832
Ah gotcha. Yeah that's typically been a good source for me over the years for information. A Wide variation in knowledge on that site. I will check it out. Thank you!