Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Tanks & Equipment

Notices

Tropheus Tanks & Equipment Discussion of tanks, filters, heaters, lighting, UV and other equipment.

Old 01-08-2015
Mastiffman

::Profile::

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Linear air pump is one of the best investments i've made over the years in this hobby. If you didn't visibly see the bubbles in the tanks you would never know its working. SUPER quiet, love it.

I have an LPH26 from Jehmco i believe it is. Got it second hand, replaced the filter and been running like a champ ever since, going strong for years now. I run the main to a PVC manifold then tap off of that. Use a couple valves to bleed off any back pressure.
Yeah this is what I was thinking of. I'm BIG on quiet tanks and setups so that's a plus for me for sure. Plus it would be used on the second floor of our addition, right above the family room. So loud humming is not something I'm wanting to tolerate.

I noticed that the LPH-26 is rated for 29ltr/m @ 1.5psi... How many tanks is your running?

My Coralife SL-38 is rated at 38ltr/m @ 2.9psi... Just wondering the comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmod58 View Post
i would call jehmco talk to the guy there he is very up on pump to pipe size and how long of run . you can always set the pump about in the center and run each way or loop the pipe so there is no dead end .
you can run bigger pipe so far and the reduce in size as you go all so to keep pressure .
Yeah I agree. They are a helpful bunch over there.

Okay, it definitely sounds like another test and tune situation. Nothing definitive. Science! Go Figure...
Old 01-09-2015
lmod58

Send a message via MSN to lmod58

i was running 50 tanks , 2 - 8 foot swimming pools and a pond .
Old 01-09-2015
longdrag

Keeping: Dubs, Ilangis, Kirizas, Moliros, Red Rainbows, Red Cheeks, Kalambos

I'm running 15 tanks easily with my air pump (Alita 40) and I can't even hear it over all the bubbles.

It's on sale right now, extremely strong, quiet and efficient at only 46 watts.

http://www.kensfish.com/aquarium-sup...-air-pump.html
Old 01-09-2015
rufretic

Keeping: Kasanga, Maswa, Ulwile, Bulu point, Moops, Nkonde, Lufubu, Pemba

I use a hk40 I got new on ebay for $139 free shipping. It's for my koi pond and man does it put out the air. On a 6' deep 5000g pond it's hooked up to my bottom drain with 3/4" pipe and I had to install a ball valve because the thing boiled my pond so much at full strength you couldn't see into the water. It's nice and quiet, can't hear it at all but I do have a waterfall. It's rated at 32-38dB. Only uses 40 watts. 70ltr/m. Not a bad pump. I'm very pleased with it so far but have only had it running about 6 months. Might be worth looking into, it was the best pump I found after researching, at least for the price. A lot of koi pond guys use it but I don't know about for indoor use.
Old 01-09-2015
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmod58 View Post
i was running 50 tanks , 2 - 8 foot swimming pools and a pond .
WOW! Yeah I would hope so for the $400+ it's going for now! lol

I don't have the room for more so I'll probably be set with a small setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdrag View Post
I'm running 15 tanks easily with my air pump (Alita 40) and I can't even hear it over all the bubbles.

It's on sale right now, extremely strong, quiet and efficient at only 46 watts.

http://www.kensfish.com/aquarium-sup...-air-pump.html
Nice. That pump is 46 watts 48 lpm @ 2.18 psi

I'm thinking of the Pond Master as it is 40watts and does 2900ci/min @ 5.89 psi

How does the lpm and ci/min compare along with the psi rating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufretic View Post
I use a hk40 I got new on ebay for $139 free shipping. It's for my koi pond and man does it put out the air. On a 6' deep 5000g pond it's hooked up to my bottom drain with 3/4" pipe and I had to install a ball valve because the thing boiled my pond so much at full strength you couldn't see into the water. It's nice and quiet, can't hear it at all but I do have a waterfall. It's rated at 32-38dB. Only uses 40 watts. 70ltr/m. Not a bad pump. I'm very pleased with it so far but have only had it running about 6 months. Might be worth looking into, it was the best pump I found after researching, at least for the price. A lot of koi pond guys use it but I don't know about for indoor use.
Gotcha! I'll look into it.
Old 01-09-2015
MattB

Keeping: Ilangi

I wasn't running anything close to what I could have on my LPH26. Was only running 10-15 sponge filters in 7-9 tanks around the room at the time. I think the LPH26 can support close to 20-25 outlets.
Old 01-11-2015
mfehmi

I used the Pond master AP 40 in the past and is very good and it's a quiet and strong pump
The Following User Says Thank You to mfehmi For This Useful Post:
Mastiffman (01-11-2015)
Old 01-11-2015
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
I wasn't running anything close to what I could have on my LPH26. Was only running 10-15 sponge filters in 7-9 tanks around the room at the time. I think the LPH26 can support close to 20-25 outlets.
Thats good to know. Thanks Matt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfehmi View Post
I used the Pond master AP 40 in the past and is very good and it's a quiet and strong pump
Ah gotcha. Yeah my little coralife SL-38 with that new flapper set on the piston and pressure plate is running like a champ! Once it built up, its got plenty of pressure. But Im going to have to put it to the test and see how much it can handle and then base my purchase off of that. If need be.

I will have to run more PVC this week though.

Anyone have a link off hand for some metal vales typically used fkr this application? I cant even begin to remember where I got these from.

Last edited by Mastiffman; 01-11-2015 at 03:36 AM.
Old 02-17-2015
Mastiffman

Okay so I have a PondMaster AP-40 on the way. Should I have a full loop in my PVC or will that not matter being the PSI that this thing runs?

Also will it be okay to run one drop to a gang valve with 2-4 outputs on it or should I get separate valves tapped in and run separate drops?

Also, where is the best place to pick up some Valves to add to the main PVC trunk line? Thanks.

Nevermind. kens. BTW, what do most of you run or have found a better expereince with? Brass, plastic or Nickle plated? Seems like brass or nickle would be a better way to go for strength.

Also, do you like the lever valves or twist nob valves?
Thanks!
Old 02-17-2015
leptosx

I would run a full loop with a valve for bleeding extra air I use the Nickle plated with lever works just fine tap separate valves for everything.
The Following User Says Thank You to leptosx For This Useful Post:
Mastiffman (02-17-2015)