Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Tanks & Equipment

Notices

Tropheus Tanks & Equipment Discussion of tanks, filters, heaters, lighting, UV and other equipment.

Old 01-07-2015
leptosx

::Profile::

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
No not at all. it's an informative thread. Ask away!

interesting... What are the noise and heat levels like?

I havea Coralife Luft Air Pump that I tried replacing the Gaskets and diaphragms on and it still doesn't want to pump air for some reason.... Any ideas? I know that sounds like a long shot but if there's anything particular that needs special attention when reassembling that I may have missed, that would be nice. Seems no one rebuilds them though. but it'sa piston style as well.
The Coralife Luft Air Pump is the same kind of pump as the eco they use diaphragms the medo only has a piston the noise level is 38db for both of there small pumps you cant even here mine in my fishroom bubbles are louder. the heat on mine is warm but not hot.
Old 01-07-2015
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by leptosx View Post
The Coralife Luft Air Pump is the same kind of pump as the eco they use diaphragms the medo only has a piston the noise level is 38db for both of there small pumps you cant even here mine in my fishroom bubbles are louder. the heat on mine is warm but not hot.

Yeah this has a Diaphragm and a piston... I put brand new diaphragms in it and it works but it doesn't want to pump air well at all.
Old 01-07-2015
lmod58

Send a message via MSN to lmod58

one thing you may want to do is put a bleed off valve on end the pipe some place you don`t hear it . that way you do not build up back pressure and shorten your pumps life. you can make a diffuser to put on the end with a cap and drill holes in the pipe and use a replacement sponge filter to put on the pipe.

i set my line valves so they were 1/2 open and then close the ball valve a little at a time till i got the air in every outlet.
The Following User Says Thank You to lmod58 For This Useful Post:
Mastiffman (01-07-2015)
Old 01-07-2015
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmod58 View Post
one thing you may want to do is put a bleed off valve on end the pipe some place you don`t hear it . that way you do not build up back pressure and shorten your pumps life. you can make a diffuser to put on the end with a cap and drill holes in the pipe and use a replacement sponge filter to put on the pipe.

I set my line valves so they were 1/2 open and then close the ball valve a little at a time till i got the air in every outlet.
What kind are you running? Model and how many tanks if you don't mind?

BTW... If any of you feel compelled to post photos or video of your systems, fell free.
Old 01-07-2015
leptosx

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmod58 View Post

i set my line valves so they were 1/2 open and then close the ball valve a little at a time till i got the air in every outlet.
medo's piston adjust to back pressure and do not need to be bled.
The Following User Says Thank You to leptosx For This Useful Post:
Mastiffman (01-08-2015)
Old 01-07-2015
leptosx

My fish room looks like a bomb went off getting ready for fish Auction and Ad Konings tomorrow but here's a little bit.

The Following User Says Thank You to leptosx For This Useful Post:
Mastiffman (01-08-2015)
Old 01-08-2015
lmod58

i was running a medo 120 and had 135 feet of 3/4 pipe on it with 120 air valve outlets .
i even ran 25 feet of 3/4 pipe that was buried in my backyard to my pond with 4 outlets on it .
very good pump the 350 bucks for the pump but well worth it for what i was doing .
had my pump in the garage and looped it for tanks and pools then ran line to basement and looped it .
Mastiffman (01-08-2015)
Old 01-08-2015
Mastiffman

I take that back. Mine just has a Piston...

I pulled the Coralife out and started tinkering around with it.

-Cleaned up the piston a bit
-Cleaned the coil assembly where the piston passes through it
-Adjusted the spring a bit as it seem to be extended to much from my past attempt
-Adjusted the screw that holds the rubber flaps on both the piston and the air plate

The last adjustrments did the job! it's running like a champ now. well at least for being abused when I first set it up. lol

Anyway, it's only 18 watts and runs a max of 3psi. So far I've gotten rid of 3 pumps and I'm only up about 4 watts and have a decnt amount of room left to run other stuff. I have quite a bit more available air flow as well. I also have an 8ft piece of 1" PVC that I ran some metal air valves into a while back and piped up to the pump and it's doing well so far. I'm going to attempt to add a few elbows and about an extra 24ft of 1" PVC and some more Valves. Worse case Scenario I'll be setup to just get a larger pump.

Do you guys think that there are limits to the Length of PVC that I could use with this pump or would it just be a matter of waiting for the pressure to build up in it and all of the lines?

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2015
MattB

Keeping: Ilangi

Linear air pump is one of the best investments i've made over the years in this hobby. If you didn't visibly see the bubbles in the tanks you would never know its working. SUPER quiet, love it.

I have an LPH26 from Jehmco i believe it is. Got it second hand, replaced the filter and been running like a champ ever since, going strong for years now. I run the main to a PVC manifold then tap off of that. Use a couple valves to bleed off any back pressure.
Mastiffman (01-08-2015)
Old 01-08-2015
lmod58

i would call jehmco talk to the guy there he is very up on pump to pipe size and how long of run . you can always set the pump about in the center and run each way or loop the pipe so there is no dead end .
you can run bigger pipe so far and the reduce in size as you go all so to keep pressure .
Mastiffman (01-08-2015)