Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Breeding

Notices

Tropheus Breeding Discussion of Tropheus conditioning, breeding, venting/sexing, fry care and rearing.

Old 12-13-2014
sweetTrophs

::Profile::
Keeping: Moliro Red 300 Liter 20pcs 3 to 4 inch/ Bemba 20pcs with Duboisi 8 (2M/5F) 300 Liter
Mrgreen Is this Fight or Breeding time please help...

Hi Guys,

Can you please let me know if my two cherry spot 3.5 inch and 4.2 inch are male and female and are they breeding or fighting...

and also can you tell which one is male... thanks in advance

Really appreciate you reply..

any chances of fry in another 2 or 3 months?
Old 12-13-2014
Mastiffman

Very nice site that is!

Looks like you have the beginnings of spawning behavior as I don't see a vent on either yet indicating a female that is ready to spawn.

Beautiful Bulu Point though!
Old 12-14-2014
sweetTrophs

Keeping: Moliro Red 300 Liter 20pcs 3 to 4 inch/ Bemba 20pcs with Duboisi 8 (2M/5F) 300 Liter

but are we sure one of them is female and the other is male I mean same sex would not do this kind of action right?
Old 12-14-2014
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetTrophs View Post
but are we sure one of them is female and the other is male I mean same sex would not do this kind of action right?
Same sex? If its reguar then no. Ive only ever seen two females do this to get eggs out. Two males, from my experince would get upset at each for trying and have chased each other off.

Plus looking at the slight size difference, I would bet on actually spawning practice between male and female...
Old 12-15-2014
sweetTrophs

Idea You are right Spawning it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
Same sex? If its reguar then no. Ive only ever seen two females do this to get eggs out. Two males, from my experince would get upset at each for trying and have chased each other off.

Plus looking at the slight size difference, I would bet on actually spawning practice between male and female...

I sat for hours last night noticing them and I saw the vent i think it was in the smaller bulu point and after few rotations i noticed the grayish white vent swelling slightly out words but I see no eggs coming out, maybe it will take time for her to prepare eggs. so now according to my limited research i did on this matter the female will stop eating big diets till 24days and then will release fry... its my first time and they are in a mixed tropheus tank but i have a lot of hiding spaces and can not catch the female before fry release so is it ok if she spit them in the tank? thank you in advance
Old 12-15-2014
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetTrophs View Post
I sat for hours last night noticing them and I saw the vent i think it was in the smaller bulu point and after few rotations i noticed the grayish white vent swelling slightly out words but I see no eggs coming out, maybe it will take time for her to prepare eggs. so now according to my limited research i did on this matter the female will stop eating big diets till 24days and then will release fry... its my first time and they are in a mixed tropheus tank but i have a lot of hiding spaces and can not catch the female before fry release so is it ok if she spit them in the tank? thank you in advance

Ha haaa! Very cool and congrats! From my experience though if she's dropping her vent then she's ready to go. They don't drop vents during "practice"....

But I think that it's safe to say that if you keep an eye on them and see them actually spawning with eggs coming out and in her mouth, you'd be safe stripping them after 3 weeks and keeping them for yourself as Bulu Point being your circumstances...
Old 12-16-2014
sweetTrophs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
Ha haaa! Very cool and congrats! From my experience though if she's dropping her vent then she's ready to go. They don't drop vents during "practice"....

But I think that it's safe to say that if you keep an eye on them and see them actually spawning with eggs coming out and in her mouth, you'd be safe stripping them after 3 weeks and keeping them for yourself as Bulu Point being your circumstances...
Thanks yes I will try and strip but if she strip in the tank will there be any chance the fry will survive I have alot of hiding places good air flow 4 filters.

My Stock : 5 bemba 1.2 inch 2 are 1.7inch and 1 male 2.5 inch, 1 male duboisi 3 inch and 2 female hopefully 2.2 inch 5 moliro 2 inch and 1 male 3 inch 1 male lufubu and 1 female blue rainbow ( could could not find more to pair ) 1 bumble bee recently added no trouble really small 1.5 inch and 1 yellow lab my oldest i had before trophs 2 inch male no trouble at all.

I am sorry bothering you with tons of questions

The female bulu point is eating very aggressively since the spawning started even today morning, does it mean she have no eggs yet in her mouth?

is it surely blue rainbow ?