Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Talk

Notices

Tropheus Talk Discussion of Tropheus in general.

View Poll Results: would you rather?
30 F1 Pemba Orange flame (TROPHEUS SP. BLACK "PEMBA&quot 15 38.46%
30 great strain domestic Cherry spots (TROPHEUS SP. BLACK "BULU POINT&quot 24 61.54%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2010
hezekiah

::Profile::
bembas was my first colony and i loved them also have seen bembas in a species only tank where females are allowed to release unmolested and adults do not bother the babies, one of the coolest things ever, mine cold not do that.it was not species only tank. the reason i choose cherries is that bembas are pretty common in detroit area. my last batch bloated and died about 3 years ago i had never lost a whole colony until them. both are just as active. no real winner take the cherries they are cheaper
Old 08-25-2010
jbjack

Thanks every one! gonna go with cherrys.... I got a guy selling them in the states like i mentioned above, But I wanna check my options - any one got them for sale in canada that is willing to ship?

Old 08-25-2010
tanganyikanhunt

The bembas shown in the pictures are RED bembas which means they came from the originals captured by Pierre Brichard and now sold by his daughter Mirelle. Orange ones don't even compare to the reds.
Old 08-25-2010
gw12269

Keeping: Polli, Murago, Lufubu

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tanganyikanhunt @ Aug 25 2010, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
The bembas shown in the pictures are RED bembas which means they came from the originals captured by Pierre Brichard and now sold by his daughter Mirelle. Orange ones don't even compare to the reds.[/b]

Interesting. I bought them from a kid in NE Ohio. He emailed me that picture of the parents before I went to pick them up. He told me they were F2's. He sold me 20 for $80. They were all about 5/8". I lost 8. Five right away, the other three over the course of two months. The largest is starting to show some red.
Follow me on twitter @buckslayerwells
Old 08-25-2010
supadave

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GAW @ Aug 25 2010, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tanganyikanhunt @ Aug 25 2010, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quote:
The bembas shown in the pictures are RED bembas which means they came from the originals captured by Pierre Brichard and now sold by his daughter Mirelle. Orange ones don't even compare to the reds.[/b]

Interesting. I bought them from a kid in NE Ohio. He emailed me that picture of the parents before I went to pick them up. He told me they were F2's. He sold me 20 for $80. They were all about 5/8". I lost 8. Five right away, the other three over the course of two months. The largest is starting to show some red.
[/b][/quote]

This just goes to show that way too much emphasis is put on F1 F2 F? whatever .

Old 08-25-2010
gernot

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GAW @ Aug 25 2010, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tanganyikanhunt @ Aug 25 2010, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quote:

[/b][/quote]

I bought mine from a guy who is specialized on Malawis and normally doesn't sell Trophs, actually has no idea about Trophs. Not sure if those are red but i always thought Bemba is Bemba, some are nice some less and things like 'Red' or 'Orange Flame' are just marketing gimmicks. But maybe not?

Old 08-25-2010
jbjack

I bought mine from a guy who is specialized on Malawis and normally doesn't sell Trophs, actually has no idea about Trophs. Not sure if those are red but i always thought Bemba is Bemba, some are nice some less and things like 'Red' or 'Orange Flame' are just marketing gimmicks. But maybe not?

[/quote]

holy **** gernot, those are sooooooo nice!!! i have seen alot of nice ones, but for what ever reason yours really caught my eye.... you have any fry...... ship to canada..... amazing pics too!
Old 08-25-2010
gernot

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbjack @ Aug 25 2010, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
holy **** gernot, those are sooooooo nice!!! i have seen alot of nice ones, but for what ever reason yours really caught my eye.... you have any fry...... ship to canada..... amazing pics too![/b]
I don't have them anymore. I sold them a few years ago. But yes, i was lucky. The group was extremely nice. You can get good Bembas but you should see the group in real before or ask for a couple of images from the breeder.
Underneath is a picture of mine when they were a bit younger.

Old 08-25-2010
jbjack

Old 08-25-2010
gernot

And as comparism a group of WC Bulu Point. Thos are not mine, i took the pic last year when i visited an importer. I never kept Bulu Point but from what i saw i got the impression that they are more consistent in colour than Bembas.