Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Talk

Notices

Tropheus Talk Discussion of Tropheus in general.

Old 02-15-2009
Jezdye

::Profile::

Hi everyone, i've got a breeding group of T Bemba at the moment and am in the process of selling/swapping them for some Kasakalawe. I origionally went out to buy some more adult Bemba to strengthen my bloodline, however once i saw these beauties i just had to have them! Now realise that there will be cross breeding issues so will be selling/swapping the Bembas soon. I got the Kasakalawe from a guy in Northampton who sells them as 'Wild' which he describes as reared on the shores of lake Tanganyika so i suppose the are 'wild reared', but great quality and i haven't a bad word to say about him. I'm in Oxford (Bicester) so if anyone has any Kasakalawe for sale let me know as i can travel curtesy of the firms car! Thanks guys and keep us all informed.
Old 02-15-2009
t-position

hi jez! welcome to trophs.com! i love the bembas myself but moops are pretty hard to resist.
<span style="color:#ff8c00"><span style="color:#000000"><span style="color:#ff8c00">showmethosekazumbas</span></span>!!!</span>
Old 02-16-2009
marksp

Hi jez

There are massive fish farms around Lake T. I am sure they are great fish but, as I have discussed with two dealers in N'hampton, there is a difference between WC and pond bred. I don't care what they are as long as they are good fish but, WC is WC and pond bred aren't WC and neither are they wild. I would have thought that the PB fish would be safer to buy as they will have been treated for the variuos plagues as they are someones commercial asset.

When one guy is selling WC for 17.50 and will do a deal for bulk and others are selling WC for 45 it does tell you that something is adrift somewhere.

As I said, I don't care what they are as long as they are good strong fish but knowing where they came from does give me an idea on what price I should be paying. What is the difference between pond bred fish from Tanzania and PB fish from Slovakia or even Bicester?

As far as I can see, a lot of WC are bought from the continent where we are even further removed from the real source. It looks like a stunning opportunity for crooks to make money....who can tell looking at a decent fish if it is WC, PB or TB?
Old 02-16-2009
rossco999

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marksp @ Feb 16 2009, 04:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
Hi jez

There are massive fish farms around Lake T. I am sure they are great fish but, as I have discussed with two dealers in N'hampton, there is a difference between WC and pond bred. I don't care what they are as long as they are good fish but, WC is WC and pond bred aren't WC and neither are they wild. I would have thought that the PB fish would be safer to buy as they will have been treated for the variuos plagues as they are someones commercial asset.

When one guy is selling WC for 17.50 and will do a deal for bulk and others are selling WC for 45 it does tell you that something is adrift somewhere.

As I said, I don't care what they are as long as they are good strong fish but knowing where they came from does give me an idea on what price I should be paying. What is the difference between pond bred fish from Tanzania and PB fish from Slovakia or even Bicester?

As far as I can see, a lot of WC are bought from the continent where we are even further removed from the real source. It looks like a stunning opportunity for crooks to make money....who can tell looking at a decent fish if it is WC, PB or TB?[/b]
the guy whos selling wild caughts at 17 50 from northampton is the same guy whos trying to sell them on ebay & aquarist classifieds is not an importer or neither does he have a pet shop
somehow hes got hold of a pet shop licence & is getting his fish from neil hardy i have spoken to him about fish before & you have to be at his flat to collect the fish when they are delivered to him in the polly boxes
Old 02-16-2009
24Tropheus

Interesting I nearly ordered some "F1" Ndole from the guy but something did not seem right. No lies on his part that time I think, he advertised they were eastern European stock but not sure the info he is given, that they are F1s from wild is true.

I would seriously check any WC claims.
Neil Hardy, can you give me some contact info so I can check up myself?

All the best James
Old 02-17-2009
rossco999

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(24Tropheus @ Feb 16 2009, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
Interesting I nearly ordered some "F1" Ndole from the guy but something did not seem right. No lies on his part that time I think, he advertised they were eastern European stock but not sure the info he is given, that they are F1s from wild is true.

I would seriously check any WC claims.
Neil Hardy, can you give me some contact info so I can check up myself?

All the best James[/b]

the guy advertises on the below link all fishes are said to be 'special order' meaning he has to order from neil hardy & as i said before you then have to collect from his place on day of delivery

although have just looked at the below link & all his ads have been taken down...maybe hes a member of trophs. com & has read this thread???
he also puts ads on the below site ......'wanted tropheus young or adults willing to travel'

http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/php/...an_cichlids.php

heres neil hardys address....

Neil Hardy Aquatica
Ltd, Woodmansterne Lane, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 4DQ.
Old 02-17-2009
herdmyster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(asriel @ Nov 3 2008, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
ok ok i know there are more of us out there
i think it would be good if we all posted on this thread to get an idea of who is around in the uk
you guys in the us are really helpfull but it's no good for exchanges and stuff
so post where you are and what you got and lets start a good network going
thanks
asriel[/b]
hi guys im from doncaster south yorks, ive had my tropheus for about 3 months now got 8 moliros in a 4 x 2 x 2 looking to add more and 6 bembas in another 4 x 2 x 2 got the bembas breeding allready had 5 fry from one female i"m constantly on the look out for more bembas to bring in new blood lines but there like rocking horse s...t to get hold of will just have to keep looking.
Old 02-18-2009
rossco999

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(herdy @ Feb 17 2009, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(asriel @ Nov 3 2008, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quote:
ok ok i know there are more of us out there
i think it would be good if we all posted on this thread to get an idea of who is around in the uk
you guys in the us are really helpfull but it's no good for exchanges and stuff
so post where you are and what you got and lets start a good network going
thanks
asriel[/b]
hi guys im from doncaster south yorks, ive had my tropheus for about 3 months now got 8 moliros in a 4 x 2 x 2 looking to add more and 6 bembas in another 4 x 2 x 2 got the bembas breeding allready had 5 fry from one female i"m constantly on the look out for more bembas to bring in new blood lines but there like rocking horse s...t to get hold of will just have to keep looking.
[/b][/quote]

how you doing mate
try looking on http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/php/...an_cichlids.php

i often see loads of bembas for sale on there juvies & adults
Old 02-18-2009
nattswlon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marksp @ Feb 16 2009, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
Hi jez

As far as I can see, a lot of WC are bought from the continent where we are even further removed from the real source. It looks like a stunning opportunity for crooks to make money....who can tell looking at a decent fish if it is WC, PB or TB?[/b]
Old 02-18-2009
marksp

Good point Matt. I couldn't have said better myself