Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Talk

Notices

Tropheus Talk Discussion of Tropheus in general.

Old 01-26-2015
sweetTrophs

::Profile::
Keeping: Moliro Red 300 Liter 20pcs 3 to 4 inch/ Bemba 20pcs with Duboisi 8 (2M/5F) 300 Liter
Default Tropheus Passion is effecting my Job :(

Dear Experts,

This is rather a personal Question, its been 4 months since I am keeping only tropheus, it is taking too much attention and keeping me sit and watch for hours and thinking about them all most all day ... is it the same with all ...

I am thinking to the extend where I am planning to get 4 more tanks and start breeding them and i will be the 1st to have and sale tropheus in UAE but will any one buy is the main Question as in UAE people keep shifting in 1 max 2 years to a new house...

I would love your comments and advise ...
I love watching tropheus eat fight and their real colour when i open lights in the evening when i come home...

my wife and 2 little kids also enjoy the sight ...

THanks
Old 01-26-2015
rrraptor

Keeping: Tropheus D. Maswa, Tropheus Kasanga RR's,

I think it is a great idea to get another tank or two. Start out slow, if you notice any females holding then it is s a good time to get a nursery tank setup. As far as demand for them in the UAE, well probably not many people there know of the Tropheus species let alone any of the African rift lakes for that matter. It could be a unique opportunity for you to expand when the time is right. Once people see them they will come to buy them from you. For now don't sweat it too much, just enjoy the ones you have with your family.

3-WC White Calvus (trio)
21-F1 Tropheus RR Sub-adults
19-F1 Tropheus Maswas Sub-adults
1-55gl full of F1 white Calvus juveniles
7-Cyathopharynx Foai Sibwesa
Old 01-26-2015
Mastiffman

I think that with everything in life, you have to have a balance. If you seriously find that your passion for Tropheus keeping is comsuming too much of your thoughts and you are finding it hard to focus on work and are not getting as much done as you used to, then it might be a good time to restructure your work day a bit if possible.

I'm not sure what field of work you are in but maybe you could try to make yourself a "Daily Agenda" that will consistent of the most productive tasks in an order that will yield the best results for work while still giving yourself a "break" to think about tropheus to get you that "Fix" while at work. I've often found that if I sit down in the morning and think about things that need to be done and actually write them down in a specific order and follow that list, I get just a little bit more done than normal. I like to consider myself a pretty self motivated individual to begin with so making a list like this Really brings me some focus if I have a lot to do.

As far as the addition of more tanks for breeding purposes, Only setup what you need at the time. There's no sense in setting up tanks that will just be sitting there wasting money by heating and filtering unless you don't heat them and are simply adding a couple of sponge filters to an existing "Air System". But even at that, if there' no bioload, you Beneficial Bacteria in that tank will basically die off anyhow. Tanks are easily put into service with the use of an Established and healthy tanks media, partial water and a handful of substrate. They're also easily taking out of service. Like Raptor said, slowly adding tanks is best.

QUESTION:

-What is your "Stream of Thought" when comes to why you would need another four tanks? What size tanks?
Old 01-26-2015
fishdisease

Send a message via Yahoo to fishdisease

I think that all Tropheus keepers feel like you. Myself feel identical, but I am restricted by the available space.
If you are crazy about Tropheus, changing your work is an interesting and attractive option. You may develop something like this:
http://tanganika.cz/english/ or http://www.tanganika-moba.sk/en/about-us/ even http://.........................
Sorry for links if it is forbidden to attach.

So, my proposal for you is a Tanganyika fish farm. I visited the Czech Farm and I can tell you that it is amazing !

Last edited by Mastiffman; 01-26-2015 at 02:23 PM. Reason: 3rd link prohibited... Sorry.
Old 01-26-2015
Ogrodii

Tropheus Disease: One is extremely in love with their fish to the point of obsession worry about them constantly. Always checking on them making sure everything is ok Water Temp, Water Quality, Fish health. When you watch your fish you love every moment. If you find yourself addicted To these beautiful fish you can get the help you neeed

1-800-Tropheus.

Jk.. everything you said is normal i was like that when i first started but have adjusted. Their is a time and place for everything.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ogrodii For This Useful Post:
AJ437 (01-27-2015), Mastiffman (01-26-2015)
Old 01-28-2015
sweetTrophs

Keeping: Moliro Red 300 Liter 20pcs 3 to 4 inch/ Bemba 20pcs with Duboisi 8 (2M/5F) 300 Liter

Thanks Guys really helpful comments I do not have a very big place here and the links are amazing but I could aim for a much smaller version now and lets see where it takes me.... I hope the right time and place is good for everyone around

The four tanks will come not all at 1 time but 1 by one 55G most probably...
I have a bad mix and I am trying to import few more of what i have in 2s and 4s so i can put 2 colonies per tank 10 or 12 each.

By the way I am a real estate agent and the UAE reality market is full time down so no work since last 6 months and i cant stay idol so i got a bigger tank got intro to Malawi by a friend and went deeper until the deepest Tanganyika species were found lol
the reason I loved trophs is because they are very fast but the main reason is they communicate with each other show their expressions ( love anger etc) unlike any other cichlids i had , to be very honest I think tropheus are the best cichlids