Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Disease, Health and Nutrition

Notices

Tropheus Disease, Health and Nutrition Discussion of Tropheus diseases, general health, nutrition and water conditions.

Old 06-27-2014
dirt4949

::Profile::
Keeping: Chilambo,bemba,kaiserII,Green Murago,Brown Murago
Default Losing wild colony of trophs

i have a wild colony of trophs that i am losing one by one half the colony eats the other half does not. I have treated with metro prozipro and epsom salt even some fungus gaurd melifix and pimafix to no success whatsoever.i am at 22 fish from 60 and no confidence the rest will make it either i just did an 80% w/c and am now trying penicillin any other ideas would be great as i have never in my 30 plus years keeping these fish had a problem like this in such a grand scale with nothing working at all
Old 06-27-2014
Mastiffman

Very hard to hear. Very Sorry as well.

What do they look like when they pass? Nothing really looks wrong with them or bloated?
Old 06-27-2014
GMfrontosa
Site Advisor

Keeping: Nothing at this time

Man really sorry to hear this and i know how you feel.....have you tried Seachem Paraguard? also are these fish WC? maybe it's old age? I hope you find a solution G/L..
Old 06-27-2014
johnnyblade

Keeping: Tropheus moorii Ikola "Kaiser Yellow"

I'm sure you checked all your water parameters just in case, That could help. Other than water parameters have you done something different for this to escalate besides adding all these chemicals,could be starving the oxygen in the water.
Old 06-27-2014
Troyale

Keeping: WC Nkonde, F1 Red Ndole, WC/F1 Bulu Point

Could someone let me know why my comments were deleted from this thread. Are only certain persons allowed to give advice on what works for them?
Old 06-27-2014
dirt4949

The parameters look good just nitrate a hair above zero they are in a 75 gallon tank with a marineland c530 and an aquaclear 500 plus 2 hydro sponges plenty of filtration to go along with 30% weekly water changes. The fish look fine not bloated not breathing heavy ect some eat some dont and like today i turn on the lights 4 dead i just dont know what is doing it. I will do a 25% water change tomorrow and use tetracycline to replace the penicillin.
Old 06-27-2014
dirt4949

I dont understand the deleted posts either?
Old 06-27-2014
LittleAfricaAquatics.com
Trophs.com Owner Sponsor And Admin

Keeping: A lot
Send a message via MSN to LittleAfricaAquatics.com

Just saw this what post were deleted, what were they about? Mods if you deleted somethign can you pm me what?
Old 06-27-2014
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyale View Post
Could someone let me know why my comments were deleted from this thread. Are only certain persons allowed to give advice on what works for them?
One way to have proof of your posts it to immediately take a screen shot (print screen button on your keyboard) of your post once you "submit" it and then open Microsoft paint and paste it in there and save to your PC if it was something important.

You can also copy everything that you wrote by highlighting it and pasting into a word Document if something goes wrong during posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt4949 View Post
The parameters look good just nitrate a hair above zero they are in a 75 gallon tank with a marineland c530 and an aquaclear 500 plus 2 hydro sponges plenty of filtration to go along with 30% weekly water changes. The fish look fine not bloated not breathing heavy ect some eat some dont and like today i turn on the lights 4 dead i just dont know what is doing it. I will do a 25% water change tomorrow and use tetracycline to replace the penicillin.
This is not your fault Dennis and a LOT of people are losing WC fish the same way recently. It's a nasty bacterial infection.

If you started using Penicillin already, do a 50% water change and then hit the tank with a Big Bag a fresh activated carbon for 24hours before adding the tetracycline to ensure that as much as possible of the penicillin is removed from tank first! I would go ahead and siphon the substrate and rinse the big filtration media in tank water as well.

Then after 24-36hours of running carbon, pull it, do another 25% water change and then start the tetracycline treatment. I would do a good 7-8 days.

it can get pricey and THIS is your best bet for low prices...

Unless you need it fast, then try a local shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleAfricaAquatics.com View Post
Just saw this what post were deleted, what were they about? Mods if you deleted somethign can you pm me what?

I just hopped on and wondered the same thing.
Old 06-27-2014
LittleAfricaAquatics.com
Trophs.com Owner Sponsor And Admin

Keeping: A lot
Send a message via MSN to LittleAfricaAquatics.com

OK, so it had to be a mod that deleted it so who was it, you can pm me. Also Dennis or Troy you can pm me if you know what it was about so I have an ideal of whats going on. I talked to Dennis th eother day and recommended the pen, not sure when he got them, but he got a group from Old World and is trying to save them, not sure why anythign was deleted. Bad thing about deletes is their gone forever I cant bring them back up to know what happened, I just got up. Was up til 8am shipping, but I did get your fish out Troyale, yours go out Tues Dirt (Dennis).