Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Talk

Notices

Tropheus Talk Discussion of Tropheus in general.

Old 09-05-2010
jcampos8782

::Profile::

I have had problems with black beard algae growing on a bunch of the artificial plants in a few of my tanks. From everything I have found on the net, NOTHING eats it and the only way people get rid of it is by bleaching the items covered in it.

I found my own solution: throw it in my troph tank! They go nuts for it! Has anyone else seen this? :unsure:
Old 09-05-2010
letsmakeadeal

Send a message via Yahoo to letsmakeadeal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jcampos @ Sep 5 2010, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
I have had problems with black beard algae growing on a bunch of the artificial plants in a few of my tanks. From everything I have found on the net, NOTHING eats it and the only way people get rid of it is by bleaching the items covered in it.

I found my own solution: throw it in my troph tank! They go nuts for it! Has anyone else seen this? :unsure:[/b]
Yes - At the time I switched out my 215G Discus / Plant set up for a Tang tank, I had been having big problems with the nasty beard algae. I had tried all the scientific solutions to eliminate it to no avail....Two days after I moved the Trophs in there was not a spec of the stuff to be seen!
Old 09-05-2010
smidey

if the trophs don't eat it dose the tank with Seachem Flourish Excell as directed, one of it's side effects is BBA does die.
Tropheus Duboisi, Tropheus sp. Black (Pemba), Tropheus sp Red (Moliro), Tropheus sp. "Ikola", Altolamprologus compressiceps (Gold Head), 'Lamprologus' ocellatus (Gold), Cyphotilapia Frontosa & lots of fry.
Old 09-06-2010
jcampos8782

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(smidey @ Sep 5 2010, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
if the trophs don't eat it dose the tank with Seachem Flourish Excell as directed, one of it's side effects is BBA does die.[/b]
Thanks for the tip! I will keep that in mind for my non-troph tanks!