Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Trophs.com Marketplace > Buy, Sell & Trade

Notices

Buy, Sell & Trade Post here if you have any aquaria related items or stock that you wish to buy, sell or trade.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-01-2013
NutsForCichlids's Avatar
NutsForCichlids
Status: Offline
Senior Member
 
::Profile::
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington state
Keeping: Wild RR Kasanga, F1 Orange Flame
Posts: 100
Thanks: 25
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Images: 25
Default NutsForCichlids

Wanted: RR Kasangas, Lufubu OR Ilangi to start colony
LOOKING FOR NEW TROPHS!
75 gallon tank has been cycling for 3+ months.
Looking for members in Washington state who have RR Kasangas, Ilangi or Lufubu (my fav colors), but I could be open to others. I'd like to pick up instead of getting them shipped (never done that before!).
Tell me what you have and when they'll be ready... I live in Tri-Cities.
__________________
NutsForCichlids

75 GALLON
19 Wild Red Rainbow Kasanga 6M 12F, 1 unkn
Cascade 1200 Canister
Aqua Clear 110
Heater
1600 gph Circ Fan
50% Water Change weekly

55 GALLON
4 F1 Orange Flame Bemba
20 F1 Kasanga RR Fry (6 or so are 2")
Cascade 1000 Canister
U/G Filter w/2 strong Power Heads
50% Water Change weekly

20 GALLON RiverTank Setup

Lots of Used canisters
Lots of supplies, Many new

Last edited by NutsForCichlids; 08-02-2013 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Added header
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-01-2013
moganman
Guest
 
::Profile::
Posts: n/a
Default

Getting fish shipped is the same thing as picking them up. That's what you do. Pick them up, just from the airport. You'd end up paying about $55 more for shipping but you'd have exponentially more luck in finding what you want with having the option to get them shipped to your nearest airport.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
rhickman (08-01-2013)
  #3  
Old 08-02-2013
NutsForCichlids's Avatar
NutsForCichlids
Status: Offline
Senior Member
 
::Profile::
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington state
Keeping: Wild RR Kasanga, F1 Orange Flame
Posts: 100
Thanks: 25
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Images: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moganman View Post
Getting fish shipped is the same thing as picking them up. That's what you do. Pick them up, just from the airport. You'd end up paying about $55 more for shipping but you'd have exponentially more luck in finding what you want with having the option to get them shipped to your nearest airport.
Thank you, Morganman. Yes, that could be very true. I've been watching LittleAfrica and AquaBid. Finally got my money in hand. What about AquaBid? Are there any sellers (besides Greg) that are good? Any recommendations would be helpful.

One more question: Are there any sp. which are more tricky to keep than others? I know the recommendation is to keep tank to one species. There are so many that I want! (My husband is afraid I'm going to make him convert the garage for more tanks! He's seen me go full bore into raising cichlids in the past. Luckily we had a basement for my 17 tanks!)

Thank you in advance for any and all input!
__________________
NutsForCichlids

75 GALLON
19 Wild Red Rainbow Kasanga 6M 12F, 1 unkn
Cascade 1200 Canister
Aqua Clear 110
Heater
1600 gph Circ Fan
50% Water Change weekly

55 GALLON
4 F1 Orange Flame Bemba
20 F1 Kasanga RR Fry (6 or so are 2")
Cascade 1000 Canister
U/G Filter w/2 strong Power Heads
50% Water Change weekly

20 GALLON RiverTank Setup

Lots of Used canisters
Lots of supplies, Many new

Last edited by NutsForCichlids; 08-02-2013 at 11:21 AM. Reason: grammar
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-02-2013
moganman
Guest
 
::Profile::
Posts: n/a
Default

I will say stay away from the sdnvk guy or whatever his name is. Something is wrong when a seller never provides pictures of the actual fish. I would say stick with an importer or get with the members on here. We will provide the highest quality at the best price. Most of us are honest. I've only ran into one dishonest person on here. Guy begged me for a good deal only to flip the fish. Anyway, try to be more specific in your search and you should find some good fish. Also try to include your budget. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-02-2013
NutsForCichlids's Avatar
NutsForCichlids
Status: Offline
Senior Member
 
::Profile::
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington state
Keeping: Wild RR Kasanga, F1 Orange Flame
Posts: 100
Thanks: 25
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Images: 25
Default Wanted: RR Kasangas, Lufubu OR Ilangi to start colony

Quote:
Originally Posted by moganman View Post
I will say stay away from the sdnvk guy or whatever his name is. Something is wrong when a seller never provides pictures of the actual fish. I would say stick with an importer or get with the members on here. We will provide the highest quality at the best price. Most of us are honest. I've only ran into one dishonest person on here. Guy begged me for a good deal only to flip the fish. Anyway, try to be more specific in your search and you should find some good fish. Also try to include your budget. Good luck.
Good comments. I'm looking to start a colony of juveniles - either RR Kasangas, Lufubu, or Ilangi. My top price is $300 (incl S/H).

How many fish for a 75 gallon - 20?
__________________
NutsForCichlids

75 GALLON
19 Wild Red Rainbow Kasanga 6M 12F, 1 unkn
Cascade 1200 Canister
Aqua Clear 110
Heater
1600 gph Circ Fan
50% Water Change weekly

55 GALLON
4 F1 Orange Flame Bemba
20 F1 Kasanga RR Fry (6 or so are 2")
Cascade 1000 Canister
U/G Filter w/2 strong Power Heads
50% Water Change weekly

20 GALLON RiverTank Setup

Lots of Used canisters
Lots of supplies, Many new

Last edited by NutsForCichlids; 08-02-2013 at 01:11 PM. Reason: price added
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-02-2013
TylerB
Status: Offline
Senior Member
 
::Profile::
Join Date: Mar 2012
Keeping: 25 RR
Posts: 270
Thanks: 49
Thanked 45 Times in 40 Posts
Images: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsForCichlids View Post
Good comments. I'm looking to start a colony of juveniles - either RR Kasangas, Lufubu, or Ilangi. My top price is $300 (incl S/H).

How many fish for a 75 gallon - 20?
Check out Greg (LittleAfricaAquatics) he has a nice selection of F1 trophs. Honestly you can't go wrong with him. Prices are fair and you know you are going to get high quality fish. Packing is done extremely well as well.

I would say a colony of 20-25 trophs in a 75 gallon would be great. Good luck and post pics once you get them!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TylerB For This Useful Post:
LittleAfricaAquatics.com (08-02-2013), NutsForCichlids (08-02-2013)
  #7  
Old 08-02-2013
NutsForCichlids's Avatar
NutsForCichlids
Status: Offline
Senior Member
 
::Profile::
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington state
Keeping: Wild RR Kasanga, F1 Orange Flame
Posts: 100
Thanks: 25
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Images: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerB View Post
Check out Greg (LittleAfricaAquatics) he has a nice selection of F1 trophs. Honestly you can't go wrong with him. Prices are fair and you know you are going to get high quality fish. Packing is done extremely well as well.

I would say a colony of 20-25 trophs in a 75 gallon would be great. Good luck and post pics once you get them!
I will, thanks!
__________________
NutsForCichlids

75 GALLON
19 Wild Red Rainbow Kasanga 6M 12F, 1 unkn
Cascade 1200 Canister
Aqua Clear 110
Heater
1600 gph Circ Fan
50% Water Change weekly

55 GALLON
4 F1 Orange Flame Bemba
20 F1 Kasanga RR Fry (6 or so are 2")
Cascade 1000 Canister
U/G Filter w/2 strong Power Heads
50% Water Change weekly

20 GALLON RiverTank Setup

Lots of Used canisters
Lots of supplies, Many new
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-02-2013
moganman
Guest
 
::Profile::
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm not certain Greg has juvenile F1, but he definitely has the F1 fry for sale. I for one, don't have patience to grow out a tank full of fry, but don't mind doing it if they are mixed with adults. 20 is a great number although with fry or juvies I like to buy a larger group since the ratio is unknown. For breeding purposes, I like to use extra males as aggression dither fish in other tanks. If I see something for sale in Houston, I will personally buy them for you and ship them to you, as long as you pay me back.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-02-2013
NutsForCichlids's Avatar
NutsForCichlids
Status: Offline
Senior Member
 
::Profile::
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington state
Keeping: Wild RR Kasanga, F1 Orange Flame
Posts: 100
Thanks: 25
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Images: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moganman View Post
I'm not certain Greg has juvenile F1, but he definitely has the F1 fry for sale. I for one, don't have patience to grow out a tank full of fry, but don't mind doing it if they are mixed with adults. 20 is a great number although with fry or juvies I like to buy a larger group since the ratio is unknown. For breeding purposes, I like to use extra males as aggression dither fish in other tanks. If I see something for sale in Houston, I will personally buy them for you and ship them to you, as long as you pay me back.
Wow, you'd do that?
__________________
NutsForCichlids

75 GALLON
19 Wild Red Rainbow Kasanga 6M 12F, 1 unkn
Cascade 1200 Canister
Aqua Clear 110
Heater
1600 gph Circ Fan
50% Water Change weekly

55 GALLON
4 F1 Orange Flame Bemba
20 F1 Kasanga RR Fry (6 or so are 2")
Cascade 1000 Canister
U/G Filter w/2 strong Power Heads
50% Water Change weekly

20 GALLON RiverTank Setup

Lots of Used canisters
Lots of supplies, Many new
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-02-2013
1711FM's Avatar
1711FM
Status: Offline
Senior Member
 
::Profile::
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chino Hills, CA
Posts: 735
Thanks: 46
Thanked 105 Times in 89 Posts
Images: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsForCichlids View Post
Wow, you'd do that?
Yeah.... Josiah or moganman is that good of a man
__________________
Febian

Our greatest glory is not in never failing but in rising every time we fall
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1711FM For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
ilangi, kasanga, lufubu, nutsforcichlids, red rainbows

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.