Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Breeding

Notices

Tropheus Breeding Discussion of Tropheus conditioning, breeding, venting/sexing, fry care and rearing.

Old 11-11-2010
dequincy.charles

::Profile::

How are you able to tell which fish are holding? I have a breeding colony of muragos but can never tell when they are holding. I just wake up one morning and notice new fry in the aquarium. it's hard to tell because they still eat.
Old 11-14-2010
dwhit0725

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clarity @ Nov 11 2010, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
How are you able to tell which fish are holding? I have a breeding colony of muragos but can never tell when they are holding. I just wake up one morning and notice new fry in the aquarium. it's hard to tell because they still eat.[/b]
Does anyone have pics of their trophs holding? I deleted alot of my pics and I don't have any of my trophs holding. If no one has pics, send me a pm and I get some pics of my limespots holding and email them to you.

D
Old 12-08-2010
Mastiffman

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dwhit0725 @ Nov 14 2010, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clarity @ Nov 11 2010, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quote:
How are you able to tell which fish are holding? I have a breeding colony of muragos but can never tell when they are holding. I just wake up one morning and notice new fry in the aquarium. it's hard to tell because they still eat.[/b]
Does anyone have pics of their trophs holding? I deleted alot of my pics and I don't have any of my trophs holding. If no one has pics, send me a pm and I get some pics of my limespots holding and email them to you.

D
[/b][/quote]

Old 12-08-2010
ynot444

if you go to u-tube you can see them spawning then you can keep a eye out for this behaivor and you will be able to tell who is holding also you can see the females mouth in this one that shows she is holding

Old 12-09-2010
Heather

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mastiffman @ Dec 8 2010, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dwhit0725 @ Nov 14 2010, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clarity @ Nov 11 2010, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quote:

D
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Nice pic!