Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Aquascaping

Notices

Tropheus Aquascaping Discussion of suitable rocks, substrates, tank decor, layout, etc.

Old 10-01-2013
TroPhish

::Profile::
Keeping: Tropheus moorii 'Kasnaga' & Tropheus duboisi 'Maswa'

Depending on how deep you like your stuff.... I like my substrate thin. That way when I vacuum I can see glass and tumble it in the tube and then lift and let it drop back down. Clean all the way down.

So I would think that 2 bags would leave you in a position to have exposed glass if your flow was high. 3 bags would cover it well. 4 would be deep.

Id plan on 3...Maybe order 4 to have some to add back if you ever vacuum up little bits over time. It dosnt happen really, But if you turn the python on to high or get crazy i there, you can suck it up so you could have some washed and bagged up as patch material.

I guess you kinda dance with it...it looks like sand...but is just borderline heavy enough to do a good cleaning.

So it kinda depletes over a few years!

John
Old 10-01-2013
Trophaolic

::Profile::
Keeping: Duboisi, Eret kigoma, Comp Chaitika, Bulu Point Leleupi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stav178 View Post
Thanks everybody for the quick replies, any idea how much i'd need to cover a 6x2 foot print?
Depends on how thick you want the layer to be. On my 150gal (5X2), I use about 80lbs which gives it about a 2" thick layer. I suggest you buy a couple 20lb to 30lb bags first, then see if that's enough or if you need more.