Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Talk

Notices

Tropheus Talk Discussion of Tropheus in general.

Old 01-17-2010
jagwired524

::Profile::

hi all,

i have been working on setting up my 210 for about 7 months now. *i wasnt quite ready to put her all together but my lfs got in 12 dubs for me a little earlier than expected. *i have a couple question that im hoping you all can help me out with.

1. *it might take some time for me to get any more fish i will be putting in 12 dubs 2-3 inches and maybe about 6 leulupi. *the question is whether or not you think that the dubes will do ok or will i have aggression problems?

2. *im one who worries and this monstrus tank is making me worrie that it will go thru the floor. *im on the 1st floor but it is over a crawl space. *the contracter said its a barring wall and that it is spaced over three floor boards and that he felt it should be ok. *yea but im still freakin out. *anyone ever have a tank go thru thier floor? *do you think i should be worried? *do you have a tank that size over a crawlspace or on the second floor? *

thanks ahead of time all and i have taken pics every step of this hole build not very good mind you but for those of you that enjoy diy projects it will be kinda cool (i hope). *i will work on figuring how to post those soon.

J

Old 01-17-2010
billansor

Send a message via Yahoo to billansor

J

First,,, you will not have any problems with the flooring on your 210 gallon tank. You need not even be concerned a wee bit. The floor joists and the flooring will evenly distribute the weight in such a way that the foot print weight is very very small per square inch. It's still a significant weight in a sense not to make it sound like its a feather... Your okay...

Now you might not be okay if you were on the second floor with 4 big big tanks in the middle of the floor instead of the outside edges.... but thats another story......

As to the tank and aggression,,, you will be fine. The Leulupi should be okay for the most part.

That tank is an awesome setup for 12 and your fish will grow like the dickens......

Bill
Old 01-17-2010
davesolo29

i agree with Bill.... and im also so jealous of the 210 gallon tank... puts my little 125 to shame
Old 01-17-2010
jagwired524

thanks guys,

i am still working on getting this tanks all up and going. *after getting everything set up i noticed that the bulkhead on one of the returns is leaking so im trying to get it to seal up or find a place where i can get a replacement. *ill keep you posted but unforntatly this probably means i will not be able to pick up the dubs today.

J

Old 01-17-2010
DubMan11

I live on the second floor in my apartments and I have a 210gallon tank and a 135gallon tank and never had any problems. you should be fine there. As for the fish, I would think you might want to add some more dubs to the mix...thats a lot of room for only 12 fish. the other fish should do a good job of distraction, but I would watch the trophs closely.
Old 01-17-2010
Goathead

My 180 is on the second floor, and i was also very worried. I ran the lb per square foot numbers, and the tank puts down less weight per square foot then I do. (I weigh 180). No worries at all!
Old 01-17-2010
jagwired524

ill right new bulkhead in tank full and all seems to be good. *i have added 5 of the 6 leluipi the kitumba cyps are in my 100 gallon and im aiming to pick up the dubs on wed this week (i am looking for more!). *the leluipi look tiny in this tank defintily will need some more dubs and maybe another variant with either blue or yellow as a dominant color.

thanks for all the reasuring comments about the floor holding up *it is just wierd to think of all that wieght and the incredible amount of problems it could cause if the tanks were to come crashing down. *NOT GOOD!!!

J

Old 01-17-2010
Lawsman

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jagwired524 @ Jan 17 2010, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
ill right new bulkhead in tank full and all seems to be good. i have added 5 of the 6 leluipi the kitumba cyps are in my 100 gallon and im aiming to pick up the dubs on wed this week (i am looking for more!). the leluipi look tiny in this tank defintily will need some more dubs and maybe another variant with either blue or yellow as a dominant color.

thanks for all the reasuring comments about the floor holding up it is just wierd to think of all that wieght and the incredible amount of problems it could cause if the tanks were to come crashing down. NOT GOOD!!!

J[/b]
Yeah, I would not worry about the weight either. I have done the math too and the Lbs per square inch is less than most people. I think you are lucky to be have a crawl space. I flooded two tanks on the second floor of my house, not at the same time, but not good. So, needless to say, all my tanks are on the first floor now
Old 01-17-2010
boulomboro

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lawsman @ Jan 17 2010, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jagwired524 @ Jan 17 2010, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quote:
ill right new bulkhead in tank full and all seems to be good. i have added 5 of the 6 leluipi the kitumba cyps are in my 100 gallon and im aiming to pick up the dubs on wed this week (i am looking for more!). the leluipi look tiny in this tank defintily will need some more dubs and maybe another variant with either blue or yellow as a dominant color.

thanks for all the reasuring comments about the floor holding up it is just wierd to think of all that wieght and the incredible amount of problems it could cause if the tanks were to come crashing down. NOT GOOD!!!

J[/b]
Yeah, I would not worry about the weight either. I have done the math too and the Lbs per square inch is less than most people. I think you are lucky to be have a crawl space. I flooded two tanks on the second floor of my house, not at the same time, but not good. So, needless to say, all my tanks are on the first floor now
[/b][/quote]

Maybe I missed it, but if this is a new tank, with uncycled filters, these are not the fish I would use to cycle a tank.
Old 01-18-2010
billansor

Send a message via Yahoo to billansor

I thought of that too, Boulomboro..........

I am hoping that given he has been on this site for quite some time, that he knows about it.

Good observation!!

Other thing for you Jag is to post your location so that people can see where you are from... To do this, go up to personal menu and then to personal cp .. the enter the information where you located and anything else you are okay with posting....

people knowing where you live, may be in a position to help with more fish.... You would be surprised...

Bill