Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Species & Variants

Notices

Tropheus Species & Variants Discussion of Tropheus Species, Variants & Collection Points... including ID questions.

Old 12-04-2013
crispyythree

::Profile::
Keeping: Duboisi Maswa
Default Tropheus Moorii Nkonde

Does any one have any info on these Trophs? Are they a variant of Illangi? I googled some pics and they look nice. Just a different shade but they look like Illangi. Are they prolific breeders? Does anyone have any pics so I'd know what a real Nkonde looks like? Any thing about these trophs would be appreciated.
Old 12-04-2013
01nate

Keeping: Ilangi and petro reds

Ilangis have red dorsals, different fish.
Old 12-04-2013
crispyythree

Yeah I know that they're different. I've just heard people say that they're like the "other" kind of illangi. Like they're the other version. Not illangi but Illangi Look a-likes. Just want to know more about them. They seem to be just as hard to find as illangi.

Last edited by crispyythree; 12-04-2013 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Wanted to say more.
Old 12-04-2013
kyfront33

Keeping: More then I should be

I have pictures of them in my gallery. Mine breed, but not prolific. Im not sure of my ratio tho. Id say i have 30+ total. thats W/C and F1 fry. Very nice fish. And pretty rare to boot. Well. maybe not rare, but rarely do you find them for sale..
Old 12-04-2013
crispyythree

I see. I checked your pics, they look awesome. Are their faces somewhat purple? Why are they so hard to find? is it cuz they're not as desirable?
Old 12-04-2013
kyfront33

Yes, they are a dark purple. or Plum color. They are very desireable. I wish i had more. But they are not imported much anymore. Not sure if their numbers are low. or What. But when they are imported, they are a little more on the expensive side compared to other trophs. And the people who buy them usually dont sale them. But they are a very attractive Troph. IMO it would be considered a Top troph for alot of people.
Old 12-04-2013
TroPhish

Keeping: Tropheus moorii 'Kasnaga' & Tropheus duboisi 'Maswa'

Trophaddict / Luis had a nice group. Maybe he could share a vid.
Old 12-04-2013
Troyale

Keeping: WC Nkonde, F1 Red Ndole, WC/F1 Bulu Point

Just google them and you will see plenty pics. There was also a recent thread on these a few weeks ago which grabbed my attention.Yellow body and fins with raspberry or purplish head. They look very similar to the tropheus musanga and linangu. Supposedly the nkonde yellow is brighter. I have 22 fry of these arriving tonight. They are supposedly from wild breeders. The guy I'm getting them from is a older gentlemen and very old school.he doesn't believe in f1 f2 etc. He says if they are born in a tank they are tank raised. I didnt see a pic of parents or nothing, I just took a chance. I told him to send me all the fry he had.Hopefully they are of good quality stock. I've gotten fish from him before and they were nice so we will see.
The Following User Says Thank You to Troyale For This Useful Post:
crispyythree (12-04-2013)
Old 12-04-2013
kyfront33

Doesnt beleive in F1 or F2? l dont understand that, But hopefully they are nice. I dont think F1+ matters. But it is an acutal thing, not beleive in it, is kinda like not believing there is gravity
Old 12-04-2013
Troyale

Keeping: WC Nkonde, F1 Red Ndole, WC/F1 Bulu Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyfront33 View Post
Doesnt beleive in F1 or F2? l dont understand that, But hopefully they are nice. I dont think F1+ matters. But it is an acutal thing, not beleive in it, is kinda like not believing there is gravity
Lol, some people have old fashioned ways and philosophies. I kinda agree with you and him. F1 f2 etc was originally used in genetics and worked its way into many pet/animal hobbies. I agree that f1 comes from wild caught parents. But I also agree that f1are tank raised because in all actuality they are born in a tank and raised in a tank. I think that what he meant by ifnthey are not wild caught they are tank raised. I agree with you it doesnt matter as long as they are nice fish.
The Following User Says Thank You to Troyale For This Useful Post:
rhickman (12-04-2013)