Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Tanks & Equipment

Notices

Tropheus Tanks & Equipment Discussion of tanks, filters, heaters, lighting, UV and other equipment.

Old 01-03-2014
wharfrat

::Profile::
Keeping: Ikola
Default lighting quandary

Well my lighting currently is a 48inch finnex ray 2 with ~380 led's half 10k..half actinic blue. I received my current satellite + but on my 24inch tank its about 1/3 as bright. The current satellite + also seems to be missing 3 red diodes. These 3 will turn blue and green just not red which I find annoying lol. I was considering returning the satellite + and getting another finnex ray 2; however, If I get a dual 7k ray 2 that is another 380 some odd led's bringing a total of allmost 800 led's on my tank. Would this be too bright lol? I could get a monster ray which is 120 something multicolored rbg led's...but will the monster ray bring out the color of my kola's or will it turn my tank into an aquatic disco tech?

Last edited by wharfrat; 01-03-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-03-2014
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wharfrat View Post
Well my lighting currently is a 48inch finnex ray 2 with ~380 led's half 10k..half actinic blue. I received my current satellite + but on my 24inch tank its about 1/3 as bright. The current satellite + also seems to be missing 3 red diodes. These 3 will turn blue and green just not red which I find annoying lol. I was considering returning the satellite + and getting another finnex ray 2; however, If I get a dual 7k ray 2 that is another 380 some odd led's bringing a total of allmost 800 led's on my tank. Would this be too bright lol? I could get a monster ray which is 120 something multicolored rbg led's...but will the monster ray bring out the color of my kola's or will it turn my tank into an aquatic disco tech?
That sucks. All 3 Satellite + fixtures that I got worked perfect.

380 LEDs????
Old 01-04-2014
wharfrat

Marine and Reef said they would replace the satellite plus. They are out of stock but will send one soon and give me a return slip for the one I have to send back. I decided to use both lights since my tank is 24 inches tall. Although my satellite is dim compared to the Finnex Ray 2, it compliments the Finnex well as a supporting light. If I bought another Finnex for the tank it would be way overpowered as far as brightness goes. I am so used to reefing and years of planted tanks. I believe If I start up a planted tank again (I have sworn off SW tanks with a solemn oath) I would go with 2 Finnex Ray 2 Dual Daylight 7k's. I am pretty happy with the company. All is well.

PS the satellite is a pretty fun toy lol...I like me some thunderstorm...but my fish start trippin' out
Old 01-25-2014
henry188

hey neighbor, so which light you end up using? or running both?

Henry
Old 01-26-2014
wharfrat

The satellite...I broke my Finnex. I am still looking for a light to supplement the Satellite though
Old 01-26-2014
Toneloc

Finnex fugeray