Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Species & Variants

Notices

Tropheus Species & Variants Discussion of Tropheus Species, Variants & Collection Points... including ID questions.

Old 07-13-2013
demasoni

::Profile::
Keeping: Bemba Sunset, Ikola, Nkonde, Goby
Default New Kind of Tropheus, Bemba SUNSET

Hello,

I had a very interesting situation with my Tropheus Bemba. Some of you might know them from my first topic. One of my female bemba fries white babies. At first i thought it is nothing, and i thought the yellow one will turn to black when it grows. But it didn't.. It became yellow. And by the time, the female bemba which is giving me that yellow baby, continued to fry these fish. In 2 years their number reached to 18. The number is very low. Because the mother giving me these gifts only 2 or 3 every time. The other puppies came out normal bemba. After two years i decided to have a big research about them.(I know this is late. ) And i figured out they have a mutation. There are three mutations which can cause this situation. Their names Xanthism Amelanism and Hypomelanism. I couldn't be sure about which one explains what is going on but Xanthism is more logical to me..

After all, i suppose that they are new kind of tropheus just like the albino ones. And i want to start a new line. I putted the yellows and the normal bembas(which are carries for the yellow gene.) to my 150 gal. tank. Now i have 18 yellow, 20 normal carrier bemba and their mother and father in that aquarium. Btw, i got my first fries from yellows. The number is cool, 13.
And i named the yellows SUNSET Bemba !
I dont want you get bored with what i wrote so i don't want make it longer.
And i know my english is not super.

Here it is, new kind of Tropheus: Tropheus Bemba Sunset.

The Following User Says Thank You to demasoni For This Useful Post:
Cbalmansoo (07-13-2013)
Old 07-13-2013
jucaben

Keeping: Moliro,F1 Chaitika,F1 Kalambo, F1 Ikola, F1 Bulu Point

Hello Demasoni,

I just received a copy of the newest Ad Konings book "Tropheus in their natural habitat". I noticed that on pg. 57 he has a picture of Tropheus that is call "Golden Pemba" I haven't read how the Troph came about but it seems it comes from Pemba Black. It is listed as an oligomelic strain (not sure what that means ). I don't know if anyone else has some more info on the one in the book or if they are the same?
The Following User Says Thank You to jucaben For This Useful Post:
demasoni (07-13-2013)
Old 07-14-2013
demasoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by jucaben View Post
Hello Demasoni,

I just received a copy of the newest Ad Konings book "Tropheus in their natural habitat". I noticed that on pg. 57 he has a picture of Tropheus that is call "Golden Pemba" I haven't read how the Troph came about but it seems it comes from Pemba Black. It is listed as an oligomelic strain (not sure what that means ). I don't know if anyone else has some more info on the one in the book or if they are the same?
Thanks, unfortunately i don't have the book. Does the pic. look like them? Golden Bemba might be the OB form of bemba. Its common names are "Bemba gold" "Bemba Gold OB" etc. I wondered the pic if it is OB one or not.
Old 07-14-2013
Grantman

Good looking fish. Plan on selling any?
Old 07-15-2013
demasoni

Thanks, maybe later. First, i need to increase their number.
Old 07-15-2013
nene

Send a message via Skype™ to nene

Keep them and try to spread this fish as it seems very nice... at least better than a golden kiriza!
But keep your eyes open.. this can definetly be a cash cow here in the old europe (where people are always looking to get the most exclusive fish they can find). I mean... you are the first that I know to have these and who is trying to breed them and increase their number... I like the fact that you are only 17 and you seem to have been lucky enough to get something no one esle has good for you and good also for other tropheus lovers that this "new" mutation can be spread just by a fellow hobbyist go and increase their numbers
I also like the fact thet they came from, let's say, "normal" bembas. It prooves that it is a mutation rather than a result of selective breeding (like kiriza gold or caramba bishops are).

Can I ask you which was the source of their "normal" bemba parents (who did you buy them from? WC? Pond bred? bred by other hobbyists?)? were the parents that gave these yellow offspring WC?

As for the "golden bemba" thing I saw some golden bemba at a friend's place almost a month ago. Still don't know how the picture of Konings' book look like but th3e ones I saw were quite different from the "sunset" (nice name ) for you are showing.

I attache here a couple of pics taken from my Danish friend Jan (owner of the bemba gold)

Old 07-15-2013
rrraptor

Keeping: Tropheus D. Maswa, Tropheus Kasanga RR's,

Quote:
Originally Posted by demasoni View Post
Hello,

I had a very interesting situation with my Tropheus Bemba. Some of you might know them from my first topic. One of my female bemba fries white babies. At first i thought it is nothing, and i thought the yellow one will turn to black when it grows. But it didn't.. It became yellow. And by the time, the female bemba which is giving me that yellow baby, continued to fry these fish. In 2 years their number reached to 18. The number is very low. Because the mother giving me these gifts only 2 or 3 every time. The other puppies came out normal bemba. After two years i decided to have a big research about them.(I know this is late. ) And i figured out they have a mutation. There are three mutations which can cause this situation. Their names Xanthism Amelanism and Hypomelanism. I couldn't be sure about which one explains what is going on but Xanthism is more logical to me..

After all, i suppose that they are new kind of tropheus just like the albino ones. And i want to start a new line. I putted the yellows and the normal bembas(which are carries for the yellow gene.) to my 150 gal. tank. Now i have 18 yellow, 20 normal carrier bemba and their mother and father in that aquarium. Btw, i got my first fries from yellows. The number is cool, 13.
And i named the yellows SUNSET Bemba !
I dont want you get bored with what i wrote so i don't want make it longer.
And i know my english is not super.

Here it is, new kind of Tropheus: Tropheus Bemba Sunset.

I noticed on youtube there are several other videos of the Bemba Sunsets...
you should check them out after watching your videos...

3-WC White Calvus (trio)
21-F1 Tropheus RR Sub-adults
19-F1 Tropheus Maswas Sub-adults
1-55gl full of F1 white Calvus juveniles
7-Cyathopharynx Foai Sibwesa
Old 07-15-2013
1711FM

They're looking good demasoni, who cares what others have to say...
Old 07-16-2013
TroPhish

Keeping: Tropheus moorii 'Kasnaga' & Tropheus duboisi 'Maswa'

Stunning troph morph.

If the eyes are black/blue. Its a winner for sure!

Just so solid and yellow! And with it being a real mutant morph...you don't have to so hevily line breed it.

You can outcross one to a normal and breed the offspring back to a yellow. Just gives you the ability to carry it on forever and have very strong divers colonies of yellow trophs.

Its a stunning troph and thanks for sharing. Keep working on it and keep us posted.

I saw that you had gotten a tank set up with nothing but gene carriers. Awesome.

And good on you...just up the numbers for now.

Maybe Get some normal adult bemba females and pull a few of the extra males out and start up more tanks to produce heterozygous offspring to introduce back into the line.

Just some thoughts.

Take care

John
Old 07-16-2013
demasoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by nene View Post
Keep them and try to spread this fish as it seems very nice... at least better than a golden kiriza!
But keep your eyes open.. this can definetly be a cash cow here in the old europe (where people are always looking to get the most exclusive fish they can find). I mean... you are the first that I know to have these and who is trying to breed them and increase their number... I like the fact that you are only 17 and you seem to have been lucky enough to get something no one esle has good for you and good also for other tropheus lovers that this "new" mutation can be spread just by a fellow hobbyist go and increase their numbers.
I also like the fact thet they came from, let's say, "normal" bembas. It prooves that it is a mutation rather than a result of selective breeding (like kiriza gold or caramba bishops are).

Can I ask you which was the source of their "normal" bemba parents (who did you buy them from? WC? Pond bred? bred by other hobbyists?)? were the parents that gave these yellow offspring WC?

As for the "golden bemba" thing I saw some golden bemba at a friend's place almost a month ago. Still don't know how the picture of Konings' book look like but th3e ones I saw were quite different from the "sunset" (nice name ) for you are showing.

I attache here a couple of pics taken from my Danish friend Jan (owner of the bemba gold)

Thanks for your interest mate.

The worst thing on this situation, i don't know parents exact source. I bought them from a local petshop 4 years ago.

And i couldn't see the photos you have posted. But i suppose they are the OB Bemba Gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrraptor View Post
I noticed on youtube there are several other videos of the Bemba Sunsets...
you should check them out after watching your videos...
Sorry, what do you mean? You are saying that there are more bemba sunsets? I'd be very happy if you post them here. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1711FM View Post
They're looking good demasoni, who cares what others have to say...

Thanks for your interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroPhish View Post
Stunning troph morph.

If the eyes are black/blue. Its a winner for sure!

Just so solid and yellow! And with it being a real mutant morph...you don't have to so hevily line breed it.

You can outcross one to a normal and breed the offspring back to a yellow. Just gives you the ability to carry it on forever and have very strong divers colonies of yellow trophs.

Its a stunning troph and thanks for sharing. Keep working on it and keep us posted.

I saw that you had gotten a tank set up with nothing but gene carriers. Awesome.

And good on you...just up the numbers for now.

Maybe Get some normal adult bemba females and pull a few of the extra males out and start up more tanks to produce heterozygous offspring to introduce back into the line.

Just some thoughts.

Take care

John
Thanks John,

Yes eyes are black/blue. And also thanks for your suggestions. But i don't have enough place for new tanks in my house. At least for now. So i'm planning to give some of sunsets and the normal carriers to a friend. He can help me about up the number.

And btw, some of my friends keep telling me they can be still caramba red bishop. And this made me confused. What do you think about that? Can you say the differences between them from my vids? Thank you.