Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > General Aquaria Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Off-Topic Discussion Discussion of anything not directly Tropheus related.

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2015
dannyt

::Profile::
Keeping: 72 gal bowfront 22 F1 Mpulungu are in da house!!
Thumbs down Farewell Mastiffman

Troph's Crew...

Just an FYI that Mastiffman (Andrew)
- the most prolific thread poster of all time
- the most active moderator by far
- the quickest to respond with help
- the free-est sharer of useful information
- 1 of the best researched & effective treaters of disease & sickness

HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THE SITE! I personally saw the screen shot of his banning...Reason; undermining & drama post-repeat...date to be lifted; NEVER

This is a sad day for this website & others owned by Greg... Fortunately there are other sites & ways where he can share his passion, expertise & experience.

Take care all.

Danny
Old 10-18-2015
JkdJedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyt View Post
Troph's Crew...

HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THE SITE! I personally saw the screen shot of his banning...Reason; undermining & drama post-repeat...date to be lifted; NEVER

This is a sad day for this website & others owned by Greg... Fortunately there are other sites & ways where he can share his passion, expertise & experience.

Take care all.

Danny
Don't know what happened, waiting to here a response, but yes drama indeed. Why the ban, and are we gonna get banned too for questioning it?? Hmm,

Jedi
Old 10-18-2015
LittleAfricaAquatics.com
Trophs.com Owner Sponsor And Admin

Keeping: A lot
Send a message via MSN to LittleAfricaAquatics.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JkdJedi View Post
Don't know what happened, waiting to here a response, but yes drama indeed. Why the ban, and are we gonna get banned too for questioning it?? Hmm,

Jedi

No you wont be banned for asking questions, but I do ask that you at least realize there may be more to it than just one side.
Old 10-18-2015
LittleAfricaAquatics.com

Last year I tried to start trying to not let myself be pulled into drama and back and fourth post. Unfortunately with this hobby there is a lot of drama and shadiness. I understand you being upset with only knowing one side of the story as I wasn't going to air all the dirty laundry, but since you asked I will address it briefly and try to keep it civil. This isn't even all of it, just a sample of some of the behavior. Here is a brief rundown of events leading to this point:

Before I owned Trophs.com Heather and some of the other mods and admins had problems with Andrew and had posted their issues in the boardroom. When I took over I overlooked it and ask if he would like to be a mod, so I made him one. During this time there has been issues with him and other members, mods and sponsors. I put most of those fires out and Andrew apologized in the boardroom multiple times for breaking the TOS and acting out publicly and not showing the behavior of a mod. Im sure some of the older members remember some of these issues. A year ago he acted out on the site and was banned. He then went to ECC where he was banned also and their site owner sent me emails telling me he had made multiple accounts and could I help ask him to leave their site alone. He begged to come back after trashing my name and said he was wrong. He then came back here and I took the ban off and things went back to normal for awhile. In the past year I have heard of Andrew running my name down and spreading lies, but then he would text or email me like we were friends. There has been some very strange and erratic behavior to say the least. I had distanced myself somewhat and just let things go on as they were. Then recently Andrew made a post on another site about him bringing in wild strictly for resale. I wasn't even familiar with the site, but members sent me a link and a paid sponsor here, Alison expressed concern with her being a paid sponsor and him a mod here and not a sponsor and looking to take it to the next level. I was just going to see how it played out and then the same day I got the link about the post Andrew contacted me out of the blue for the first time in awhile. He was telling me about a clamp and acted as if everything was the same, but it almost felt like he was feeling me out so I asked him about the post. A lot of back and fourth followed and I told him I had no problem with him selling all his fry here like he has done but if he wanted to start buying fish strictly for resale that it would be a conflict of interest with being a mod. He disagreed and went on and on. After telling me it wasn't a conflict of interest and us going back and fourth he resigned as mod. In that same post he has used Trophs.com logo and name without permission, has admitted to having duplicate accounts here, accounts that were made even before this. Why would someone make multiple accounts on a site? Seems very shady and is the same behavior he did at ECC where he was also banned. Im trying to keep this civil but most of you know one side of a story, his side, told by him. I put up with it for a while now because of the members and the help he offered, but at a point you have to put an end to this behavior. In closing Trophs.com will go on, I just have to distance myself from him and his erratic behavior. If members want to leave I understand, if you want to let the site die that's ok. I will put the time and money I spend here into my job, importing and selling fish. Now I love Trophs. When the site was turned off and bills hadn't been paid for over a year I stepped in and saved it and Im glad I did. I feel its a great site and has a great community, but I will not be held hostage when I know something is wrong. My other site Cyphos.com runs itself and I am very respected there and have a great team. Im not sure why it is different here, but I know we have some great mods and members here too and I hope you will respect this decision and realize I want whats best for Trophs. So I will ask that you respect the decision and follow the rules. I will also ask that you at least consider there is another side to things. Lastly I will ask for us to come together as a community and move forward. Thank you.
#1 Cichlids (10-20-2015), AJ437 (10-19-2015), Clos29 (10-19-2015), dirt4949 (10-19-2015), flyn dutchmn (10-18-2015), gianni528 (10-18-2015), JkdJedi (10-18-2015)
Old 10-18-2015
Riftwater

Well, I came from my local board in large part because of Andrews posts there and became friends with him and visited his home and later bought his fry. I have never found him to be anything but friendly, outgoing, helpful and passionate about the hobby.
given the lack of traffic on this board since he left pretty much says it all, he was certainly the lifeblood of this place.
Old 10-18-2015
LittleAfricaAquatics.com

Well so much for being civil. I was going to move on and had no concern what Andrew did. After ignoring his email threats and name calling I guess he finally snapped. While im not going to lower myself in back and fourth this last email he sent as a group email went too far. This great guy you all think you know is unstable. He doesn't work for a living so he has much more time than I do. He has been banned multiple places and most know there is something wrong with him. His email he just sent was laden with name calling, insults, lies and disrespect. This guy calls himself a Christian, but as soon as he doesn't get his way he resorts to viscous name calling and threats, sound Christian to you? He states that he has such a big problem with my fish, 90% or so of his breeding stock came from me. He is so self absorbent he trys to tell me how to import and care for fish from Africa. He has never imported a single box. I knew last year when he went off the rails to watch out for him and have saved all the pms, emails and text with threats, bashing members and other companies. So I had really hoped to have just moved on, but he wants to get dirty. Im going to contact an attorney tomorrow to address his behavior, as he has left me no choice with threats and viscous attacks. I hope some of you that have been taken in by his lies and deceiving ways will at least give me a chance and understand you may not have all the facts. He could have just moved on, but that's not him, he is a very vindictive person.
Old 10-18-2015
JkdJedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleAfricaAquatics.com View Post
Well so much for being civil. I was going to move on and had no concern what Andrew did. After ignoring his email threats and name calling I guess he finally snapped. While im not going to lower myself in back and fourth this last email he sent as a group email went too far. This great guy you all think you know is unstable. He doesn't work for a living so he has much more time than I do. He has been banned multiple places and most know there is something wrong with him. His email he just sent was laden with name calling, insults, lies and disrespect. This guy calls himself a Christian, but as soon as he doesn't get his way he resorts to viscous name calling and threats, sound Christian to you? He states that he has such a big problem with my fish, 90% or so of his breeding stock came from me. He is so self absorbent he trys to tell me how to import and care for fish from Africa. He has never imported a single box. I knew last year when he went off the rails to watch out for him and have saved all the pms, emails and text with threats, bashing members and other companies. So I had really hoped to have just moved on, but he wants to get dirty. Im going to contact an attorney tomorrow to address his behavior, as he has left me no choice with threats and viscous attacks. I hope some of you that have been taken in by his lies and deceiving ways will at least give me a chance and understand you may not have all the facts. He could have just moved on, but that's not him, he is a very vindictive person.
It would be best to move on is right. As a member I have been put in a tough spot and I'm NOT gonna choose any sides here, I can not at this point. Hope things work out.
The Following User Says Thank You to JkdJedi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2015
Ogrodii

R.I.P. mastiffman
Old 10-19-2015
eeztropheus

Keeping: F1 ilangi, F1 bulu point, tank raised duboisi maswa

Sad but oh well the hobby goes on...
Old 10-19-2015
kyfront33

Keeping: More then I should be

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyt View Post
Troph's Crew...

Take care all.

Danny
I initially wasn't going to reply or say anything. but standing back and watching isn't gonna help either.

Danny, Everyone knows you are friends with Andrew and are going to stickup for him in whatever capacity he needs you to, right or wrong. This isn't just a case of Andrew and Greg not getting along and Greg banning him, Andrew has not told you the full story. Andrew put himself in this position by being the type of person he really is, he is very deceitful. You make claims that he is this and he is that, And most are true, but the very reason they are true is because others have quit this site or stopped posting or replying all together because of Andrew. Did you know that if you didn't agree with him he would PM you and threaten to ban you? He claimed it went against the TOS by arguing with a MOD. What seemed like good discussion in threads were often followed by these Private messages. So many of the members have quit posting or logging on because of him, And a few of these people have forgotten more about fish then Andrew will ever know. However, instead of taking it up with Andrew and trying to fix it, Greg believe his mod and his supposed friend. Also Greg saved these forums, just remember that, without him there would be no Trophs.com

Im not here to bash Andrew, but you have to look at both sides of this. Andrew tried to tell Greg how to run his business and his sites. And Greg tolerated it for along time because he thought Andrew was a good friend and just trying to help, He sold a lot of fry on this site and made a good name for himself. Now Andrew wants to start importing directly from Africa because he thinks he can do better then all the current importers, yet he wasn't willing to be a site sponsor, he thought he should be able to sell whatever he wanted by just being a member, When he was told it was a conflict of interest he got mad and then started attacking Greg and threatening him via email and text messages.

You have in your mind that Andrew is an innocent choir boy, but you are being deceived.

Do you notice everyone is always quick to jump in on Greg? There is probably a reason for that, Greg is a very large importer who has really good connections and others like to try to run his name into the ground because they want what he has.
The Following User Says Thank You to kyfront33 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread