Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Talk

Notices

Tropheus Talk Discussion of Tropheus in general.

Old 11-27-2014
playtime

::Profile::
Keeping: moori mbita'ikola'illangi'
Send a message via MSN to playtime Send a message via Yahoo to playtime

I'm in Scarborough we should keep in contact and meet sometime email me at playtime1104@hotmail.com
Old 11-27-2014
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yel View Post
Thank you guys for your reply.
Andrew, I don't think I can do the drip system because I'm afraid that if the siphon breaks, nobody will see that my tank is overflowing and it will be a big mess.

Is it ok to feed them weekly? My neighbor will come every 5 to 6 days to check my place and will just give him instructions how much food to give. Or I will set the feeder once a day with very little food. I don't have much rock (just a few flat rocks) so there's not much algae to graze. There's no setting for the feeder to do it every other day, it is an "Eheim Everyday Fish Feeder" that releases food everyday (minimum once a day). I will do a big water change the night before leaving.

Sold my discus colony because I know there's no way they will survive for a month without water change. I have other tanks, frontosa and african cichlids and will follow whatever decision I made with the trophs.

Thanks again,
Yel
There honestly no way that the siphon could break if you just use a hose on the end of overflow reservoir... SO a hose would go from the tank to overflow reservoir and the end in the tank would be stuck down about 6inches below the water line and you could even put a intake grate to protect fish from swimming up in there. It wouldn't be a strong siphon as it just allows water to slowly move out of the tank.

There's literally no way that it would overflow if done properly... Just my two cents though.

If you don't do this, you could have your neighbor just strape a new piece of Zucchini to a rock every 3-4 days. Or once a week.
Old 11-29-2014
Yel

Keeping: Red Rainbows

Thank you guys for all your replies.

My problem has been solved. Another friend of mine will come to my place and feed my fish every 3 days and will do a weekly water change for me :-)
He used to have a lot of tanks before and he knows better than me when it comes to fish. The reason I did not asked him before is that he is always busy but he just quit his other job so he got some free time to come to my place.
I'm leaving tomorrow and will definitely miss my fish :-)
Thanks again for all your help and next time I know what to do if I will go again for a long vacation.
Yel
90G- Discus
Old 11-29-2014
Mastiffman

Good Deal! Sounds lie the best option...

Take some video of your fish on your phone so you can watch them while you're away!