Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Talk

Notices

Tropheus Talk Discussion of Tropheus in general.

Old 11-11-2010
Gusto

::Profile::

sorry to hear your battling brown algae also it's a hassle, my parameters are in check and I do weekly water changes. I think it's my lights being so dim for the fronts. The reason I'm switching is I just find that the fronts are always hiding, when I come to the tank they scatter and I hardly seen them and basically not to offend anyone the can get boring to watch when they are out.

On a side note with this site whenever I'm trying to post I'm very limited in what I can do. If I spell something wrong I cant just insert the cursor near the word and I dont even see a cursor actually and there's no spell check is there a setting that I'm missing also I cant highlight a word and delete it.

Thanks Gus
Old 11-11-2010
canart

Hi Gus!

Trophs look best in the light to white sand/substrate...and it is absolutely true for Ilangi...I saw the WC Ilangi in the tank with blue background...they looked quite nice but not awesome. After some time their owner changed the background to white and then thez looked awesome
I'm fighting with brown algae for a few weeks and Ancistrus make great job.

The typing problem...had same problems and then it disappeared...I think it appears when I copied some text to a reply window. Try various way of reply...Fast reply, Add reply, Reply...you will see.
Old 11-12-2010
Gusto

Thanks Robert, yeah I will change the substrate to a white sand, but the background I will keep black for a while and see what it looks like. Now I have someone who is willing to trade me 17 WC tropheus red rainbows (young adults he told me they were 3" to 4") for my fronts my question is can I add more red rainbows to that colony after I find them or I'm I better just looking for about 30, it just seem hard to find that many in one shot.

also using the add reply worked much better.... thanks
Old 11-12-2010
canart

OK Gus, try the black bcg and white bottom and you'll see.

It's better to get the whole group at once but it isn't impossible to add some fish to existing colony...the longer established colony and older fish, the harder to add new and adult fish. I think adding 13 more fish later is much easier and safer than adding say 4-5 fish.

fine
Old 11-14-2010
Gusto

Thanks canart. Now I did agree with someone tonight to trade fish I'm giving him my 11 Fronts and he's giving me 17 WC young adult kasanga red rainbows. Now I know the water chemistry will be the same but is there anything I could do you alleviate some stress on the fish for when they go in my tank he is also 2 hours away from me? I also have a few compressiceps in the tank I guess I should also sell them too? Now I've been doing a fair amount of reading but what's a good diet for them?