Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Talk

Notices

Tropheus Talk Discussion of Tropheus in general.

Old 04-12-2008
sawboy

::Profile::
Send a message via AIM to sawboy

OK! Tomorrow is the day. I am picking up my 22 Ilangi tomorrow. :wub: :wub: :wub: What do I need to do the first day or so?

Leave the lights off for 48 hours?

No food for 48 houurs?

Have Clout or Metro on hand?

Clout vs. Metro: Which is easier to use?

Tank will be up and running with 2 established filters so that base is covered. If I need to medicate, I have other filters I can swap in if I need to after the meds have run their course.

All advice will be heeded!

Old 04-12-2008
kilroy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sawboy @ Apr 13 2008, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
OK! Tomorrow is the day. I am picking up my 22 Ilangi tomorrow. :wub: :wub: :wub: What do I need to do the first day or so?

No food for 48 hours?

Tank will be up and running with 2 established filters so that base is covered. If I need to medicate, I have other filters I can swap in if I need to after the meds have run their course.

All advice will be heeded![/b]
Hi,
Are they wilds or tank bred? I would treat wilds differently from F1's with regards to prophylactic treatments. If they are wilds, I would treat them on arrival with a dose of metro or parasite clear and keep them quarantined and not part of any system where you have other fish.

I would keep the light off for 24 hours and have no rockwork whatsoever in the tank for a couple of weeks until they settle in. I wouldn't feed for 24 hours and then give only a light feeding (make sure you know what they were eating before).

As for Clout/Metro, we can't get Clout here, so I can't help you. I have metro, parasite clear and furan 2. I have heard some alarming things about the effects of furan 2, so I'm a bit hesitant to use it in the future.

hth
shane
Old 04-12-2008
sawboy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kilroy @ Apr 12 2008, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sawboy @ Apr 13 2008, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quote:

No food for 48 hours?

All advice will be heeded![/b]
Hi,
Are they wilds or tank bred? I would treat wilds differently from F1's with regards to prophylactic treatments. If they are wilds, I would treat them on arrival with a dose of metro or parasite clear and keep them quarantined and not part of any system where you have other fish.

I would keep the light off for 24 hours and have no rockwork whatsoever in the tank for a couple of weeks until they settle in. I wouldn't feed for 24 hours and then give only a light feeding (make sure you know what they were eating before).

As for Clout/Metro, we can't get Clout here, so I can't help you. I have metro, parasite clear and furan 2. I have heard some alarming things about the effects of furan 2, so I'm a bit hesitant to use it in the future.

hth
shane
[/b][/quote]

They are F2. They are fry of F1's so just plain old tank raised fry that are all 1 - 1.5 inches long.
Old 04-12-2008
1oscar

you may not need to medicate. find out what they ate and the ph at which they live in.mimic as close as you can for the first 3weeks.good luck I too am getting some ilangi this week on monday. so i share your excitement and concerns
Old 04-13-2008
Heather

Congratulations sawboy! :ac15:

Good luck and keep us posted
Old 04-13-2008
sawboy

They're here! They're here! They're Here!

Old 04-13-2008
darthvader4bwu

Keeping: 1 WC Trewvasae Male 14 F1 Petrochromis Trewvasae 14 F1 Moshi 12 Petrochromis Macro Nsumbu

Congratulations looking forward to looking at some pics.
Old 04-13-2008
sawboy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darthvader4bwu @ Apr 13 2008, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
Congratulations looking forward to looking at some pics.[/b]

I can take pics now, but with the lights off I don't know if they will turn out. I'll try.
Old 04-13-2008
JEM45

Hey sawboy, Let your Tropheus get settled first. We want to see pictures but BETTER to have them get accustomed to there new surrounding first. There going to be alittle stressed. We can wait. Oh Congrats on your new Tropheus.
Old 04-13-2008
sawboy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JEM45 @ Apr 13 2008, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
Hey sawboy, Let your Tropheus get settled first. We want to see pictures but BETTER to have them get accustomed to there new surrounding first. There going to be alittle stressed. We can wait. Oh Congrats on your new Tropheus.[/b]
Actually they are really doing well. Swimming back and forth and up and down. Empty tank with just a thin layer of gravel on the bottom. Took some pics, but with no lights anywhere they wer crapola. Maybe tomorrow after work I will feed and turn the lights on. Then I'll take pics.