Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > General Aquaria Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Off-Topic Discussion Discussion of anything not directly Tropheus related.

Old 10-17-2011
ad2crl

::Profile::
Send a message via Yahoo to ad2crl
Default Help my sister win a facebook contest.

So fellow tropheus keepers, here is an oppertunity that gives back. My sister's friend 8 month old daughter is sickened with an auto-immune disease. She entered a contest and is close to winning. She is giving the proceeds to the parents if she wins. Its simple just click link to the page and hit "like" on photo, takes a total two seconds to do this.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Here is Olivia's story.

Background Story
I was taken to the Emergency room at St Louis Childrens Hospital on 28 April because the circulation in my hands did not look good. After the doctors and nurses conducted many tests/bloodwork, I was admitted to the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU).

My platelets were very, very high so they knew something scary was definitely going on inside my body. A saw several teams of doctors including hemotologists, cardiologists, radiologists, nephrologists, plastic surgeons, orthopedic surgeons, ultra sound technicians, infectious disease docs, intensivists, rheumotologists and more.

Well, a couple of days later it was determined that I have an autoimmune disease called Infantile Polyarteritis Nordosa (PAN). It is very similar to Kawasaki Disease but it causes aneurysms not only in the coronary arteries but also other arteries throughout the body. Both conditions are extremely rare in infants so I have been keeping the doctors quite busy.

Because I have an autoimmune disease, The Rheumotology team has taken the lead and is the primary team that will manage my care now and in the future. They will coordinate with the cardiologists, nephrologists and anyone else I need to see.

Right now, the PICU intensivists are also managing my care and making sure I stay safe while the doctors use and adjust many medications. Because of my extended stay, I have made friends with many, many nurses and doctors in the PICU. I have to admit I am quite a popular baby around here!!!
Old 10-17-2011
raemaruk

Keeping: Tropheus Murago, Ilangi & Petrochromis Red Bulu Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad2crl View Post
So fellow tropheus keepers, here is an oppertunity that gives back. My sister's friend 8 month old daughter is sickened with an auto-immune disease. She entered a contest and is close to winning. She is giving the proceeds to the parents if she wins. Its simple just click link to the page and hit "like" on photo, takes a total two seconds to do this.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Here is Olivia's story.

Background Story
I was taken to the Emergency room at St Louis Childrens Hospital on 28 April because the circulation in my hands did not look good. After the doctors and nurses conducted many tests/bloodwork, I was admitted to the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU).

My platelets were very, very high so they knew something scary was definitely going on inside my body. A saw several teams of doctors including hemotologists, cardiologists, radiologists, nephrologists, plastic surgeons, orthopedic surgeons, ultra sound technicians, infectious disease docs, intensivists, rheumotologists and more.

Well, a couple of days later it was determined that I have an autoimmune disease called Infantile Polyarteritis Nordosa (PAN). It is very similar to Kawasaki Disease but it causes aneurysms not only in the coronary arteries but also other arteries throughout the body. Both conditions are extremely rare in infants so I have been keeping the doctors quite busy.

Because I have an autoimmune disease, The Rheumotology team has taken the lead and is the primary team that will manage my care now and in the future. They will coordinate with the cardiologists, nephrologists and anyone else I need to see.

Right now, the PICU intensivists are also managing my care and making sure I stay safe while the doctors use and adjust many medications. Because of my extended stay, I have made friends with many, many nurses and doctors in the PICU. I have to admit I am quite a popular baby around here!!!
Only too glad to help...best of luck!
Old 10-17-2011
ad2crl

Thanks for the help rea...very much appreciated!
Old 10-17-2011
crawdaddy

Keeping: nothing right now

I'll pray for her
Old 10-18-2011
1711FM

Done n good luck....
Old 10-18-2011
ad2crl

Thanks for the support everyone.
Old 11-07-2011
tablepad

I'll pray for her..hope she recovers well and soon..