Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Photo Gallery Discussion

Notices

Tropheus Photo Gallery Discussion Share and discuss pictures of your Tropheus and aquariums.

Old 01-05-2015
Mastiffman

::Profile::

Quote:
Originally Posted by gw12269 View Post
I have the Kambwimba Red Rainbows. I got them from Reserve Stock. They look like everyone else's Kasanga.
Interesting. I used to think that there was a difference. Like Kasanga are more of the Red Dorsal and Yellow sunspot flank with blue in the face and then Kambwimba that was more of a Burgundy color over all and an orange sunspot/ flank.

Yeah, even if you look at the aqua log, there is still some variation in the Kasanga from a dull Burgundy red to the popping Kasanga with a red dorsal, blue face and green back to almost the same thing with a lot of blue inclusions in the dorsal/ anal fins... I've even noticed some that have more an orange sunspot on the flanks instead of more a yellow version...

As long as they are consistent in the group. One of the most beautiful Tropheus either way!
Old 01-05-2015
Troyale

Keeping: WC Nkonde, F1 Red Ndole, WC/F1 Bulu Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleAfricaAquatics.com View Post
They have been around forever, RR used to just be called Tanzanian RR because they all come from the stretch off the Tanzanian coast. Kantalamba and Kasanga are right there and there is very little difference in them as they all are from the same region. Some say the Kasanga get alittle more blue in the dorsal, but I have got them both in under both names and their pretty much spot on. Like I said in the old days they would just list them as Tanzanian RR, didnt matter if they were closer to Kantalamba or Kasanga or both. Nice looking fish though.
Thanks Greg, from my research all red rainbows are collected on about a 5 mile strech of the Tanzanian shoreline and look very similar. I imagine that collecting in any location you can collect some fish that are qoute on qoute more appealing, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder at the end of the day. After observing this group i noticed that all have the nice red dorsals and heads but about half show a bright yellow and the other half show a bright yellow with orange in the spot/body, so there is some variation at this point. We will see what they look like once they all settle in after a month or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gw12269 View Post
I have the Kambwimba Red Rainbows. I got them from Reserve Stock. They look like everyone else's Kasanga.
I guess they all look very similar in appearance, but with some variations here and there. At any rate the red rainbows are arguably one of lake tanganyikans top contenders when it comes to tropheus.
The Following User Says Thank You to Troyale For This Useful Post:
Mastiffman (01-06-2015)
Old 01-06-2015
LittleAfricaAquatics.com
Trophs.com Owner Sponsor And Admin

Keeping: A lot
Send a message via MSN to LittleAfricaAquatics.com

Yeah I mean I have seen them side by side, same for Kambwimba, its all the Tan coast and alot of it overlaps im sure, I have had Kasanga coem in different from one import to the next, I still see them all as the old days name Tanzanian RR, so close and collected on the same exact coast, but like you said beauty is in the eye of the beholder, enjoy them bro.
Old 01-06-2015
sweetTrophs

Keeping: Moliro Red 300 Liter 20pcs 3 to 4 inch/ Bemba 20pcs with Duboisi 8 (2M/5F) 300 Liter

Wow Stunning colors nice fish...You Guys are lucky... Since no one is keeping, saling, breeding Tropheus in UAE i might break the ice depends on how the first holding mother does and how many fry i raise in good health , ones i know and experience the cycle i might start here InshaAllah ( IF GOD WANTS )
Old 01-06-2015
sweetTrophs

Keeping: Moliro Red 300 Liter 20pcs 3 to 4 inch/ Bemba 20pcs with Duboisi 8 (2M/5F) 300 Liter

selling*
Old 01-07-2015
Troyale

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetTrophs View Post
Wow Stunning colors nice fish...You Guys are lucky... Since no one is keeping, saling, breeding Tropheus in UAE i might break the ice depends on how the first holding mother does and how many fry i raise in good health , ones i know and experience the cycle i might start here InshaAllah ( IF GOD WANTS )
Thanks. If you plan to breed your tropheus i would strongly suggest setting up 1 variant per tank to ensure the fry you are offering are not interbred.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Troyale For This Useful Post:
brunofraga (01-07-2015), Mastiffman (01-07-2015)
Old 01-08-2015
gw12269

Keeping: Polli, Murago, Lufubu

Pic of my Kambwimba RRs

Follow me on twitter @buckslayerwells
Old 01-08-2015
Mastiffman

Deff. Nice!
Old 01-12-2015
Cichlid Lips

Keeping: Duboisi Maswa, Kasanga Red Rainbow, Moorii Livua, Kiriza, Bula Point, Nkonde

These new ones look very nice Troy. Did you end up getting rid of one of your other colonies?

BTW still loving on that LED I sent you the link to a while back and the fish have done very well for me.

Good to see you.
Old 01-12-2015
Troyale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cichlid Lips View Post
These new ones look very nice Troy. Did you end up getting rid of one of your other colonies?

BTW still loving on that LED I sent you the link to a while back and the fish have done very well for me.

Good to see you.
Thanks, I got rid of my red ndole colony, which i deeply reget. But I did keep 16 of the fry. The last batch of 9 fry literally were red when i stripped, so figured i would keep them since i have never had any fry come out red.
The Following User Says Thank You to Troyale For This Useful Post:
Cichlid Lips (01-12-2015)