Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Petrochromis & Simochromis Talk

Notices

Petrochromis & Simochromis Talk General discussion of Petrochromis and Simochromis.

Old 04-18-2015
cichlidomaha

::Profile::
Default New Group of Petro Red Bulus

I just got through acclimating a group of 15 Bulu Red Petros to add to the 11 that I already have, the exsisting ones are about a Inch or two smaller than the new ones. They are between 5 1/2 - 7 inches they are in a 150 Gal with 3 AC110's and a large Eheim Canister filter.. This is an exsisting tank it has been up for at least two years..

The other tank mates include a group of 12 Breeding Yellow Nkonde Petros,
a Lg . Pair of Petro Trews and a few other Tangs.. The Male Trew is about 6 inches and is King of the tank for now... The total count on the Bulu Reds is 26 The larger 15 Are almost spawning size.. I just got through putting them in the tank when I get a chance I will post Photos of them..
Old 04-18-2015
jnorthrup95

Keeping: WC Kalambo, Ikola, Ilangi, Bemba, Duboisi

Let's see some pics Tom!
Old 04-19-2015
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidomaha View Post
I just got through acclimating a group of 15 Bulu Red Petros to add to the 11 that I already have, the exsisting ones are about a Inch or two smaller than the new ones. They are between 5 1/2 - 7 inches they are in a 150 Gal with 3 AC110's and a large Eheim Canister filter.. This is an exsisting tank it has been up for at least two years..

The other tank mates include a group of 12 Breeding Yellow Nkonde Petros,
a Lg . Pair of Petro Trews and a few other Tangs.. The Male Trew is about 6 inches and is King of the tank for now... The total count on the Bulu Reds is 26 The larger 15 Are almost spawning size.. I just got through putting them in the tank when I get a chance I will post Photos of them..
Nice!

Yeah I have a male that has king of the tank for a while. Even when I've kept him in time out for a couple of months. He's bossing the entire tank around after and hour. He never spawns successfully and does nothing but bully the tank. Hence his lengthy time outs.

But the male that steps up when he's in time out is great! Not a big bully at all and always spawns successfully. I think that this beta is just better in smaller groups and the other is better in larger groups.

And yes, would love to see video of each Tom.
Old 04-19-2015
cichlidomaha

I will try to get some pictures up pretty soon, very busy at work , very little free time..