Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Species & Variants

Notices

Tropheus Species & Variants Discussion of Tropheus Species, Variants & Collection Points... including ID questions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-02-2015
my1008's Avatar
my1008
Status: Offline
Member
 
::Profile::
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Korea
Keeping: lufubu, duboisi, uwile
Age: 46
Posts: 68
Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Images: 6
Default What is the difference between red bishop and fire cracker?

I heard "red bishop" is manmade species then what is "fire cracker"?

Are they the same species or not?
__________________
Lufubu WC, Duboissi Halembe f1, Brichardi Ulwile f1
Synodontis Petricola
Eretmodus moba WC
Ventralis Chisanse
and some Corydoras
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-02-2015
emeraldtroph's Avatar
emeraldtroph
Status: Offline
Senior Member
 
::Profile::
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Birmingham, Al
Keeping: Kapampa and Lufubu currently, have kept Ikola and Bulu Point
Posts: 310
Thanks: 142
Thanked 58 Times in 51 Posts
Images: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by my1008 View Post
I heard "red bishop" is manmade species then what is "fire cracker"?

Are they the same species or not?
The Firecracker is Sp Red Moliro, and often 'firecracker' refers to Sp Red Chipimbi.
The Red Bishop is a mutation of Sp Black Caramba, and here is a quote from SunnyHouTX (a member on this forum):
"Amelanism occurs naturally in many animals. It is not the same as albinism which is most evident when the iris also lacks color. Animals with amelanism have regular eyes, as you see in the Red Bishop. So somebody decided to get as many of these fish with amelanism and started a line breeding process to purify it and reduce the occurrence of "normally colored" Caramba in the resulting Red Bishop strain."

Hope that helps!

Last edited by emeraldtroph; 04-02-2015 at 04:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to emeraldtroph For This Useful Post:
my1008 (04-03-2015)
  #3  
Old 04-03-2015
my1008's Avatar
my1008
Status: Offline
Member
 
::Profile::
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Korea
Keeping: lufubu, duboisi, uwile
Age: 46
Posts: 68
Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Images: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldtroph View Post
The Firecracker is Sp Red Moliro, and often 'firecracker' refers to Sp Red Chipimbi.
The Red Bishop is a mutation of Sp Black Caramba, and here is a quote from SunnyHouTX (a member on this forum):
"Amelanism occurs naturally in many animals. It is not the same as albinism which is most evident when the iris also lacks color. Animals with amelanism have regular eyes, as you see in the Red Bishop. So somebody decided to get as many of these fish with amelanism and started a line breeding process to purify it and reduce the occurrence of "normally colored" Caramba in the resulting Red Bishop strain."

Hope that helps!
------------------------------------------

Thank you for the reply.

However they are very similar in appearance(color).
What is the point to distinguish them?

In Korea Red Bishop is about 100 dollars but Firecracker is a lot cheaper.
I can see the difference on my eyes. :<
__________________
Lufubu WC, Duboissi Halembe f1, Brichardi Ulwile f1
Synodontis Petricola
Eretmodus moba WC
Ventralis Chisanse
and some Corydoras
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-03-2015
severum
Status: Offline
Member
 
::Profile::
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: S.Korea
Keeping: RR, Duboisi
Posts: 70
Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Images: 11
Default

Nice to see another Korean tro keeper here!! I guess I know who you are cause I saw your post on this issue in a Korean Tro forum recently.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-03-2015
Mastiffman
Status: Offline
Senior Member
 
::Profile::
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 40
Posts: 4,502
Thanks: 960
Thanked 889 Times in 733 Posts
Images: 17
Default

From my understanding and what I've seen on the net, the Bishop should be more of a reddish orange coloration and the Sp Red "firecracker" (common name for sales) will be your typical Red Species Tropheus with a bit brighter look to it. Which I've seen many Reds get in the right setup and lighting.

I would definitely not find reason when considering the purchase of a 100 Tropheus myself.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-06-2015
my1008's Avatar
my1008
Status: Offline
Member
 
::Profile::
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Korea
Keeping: lufubu, duboisi, uwile
Age: 46
Posts: 68
Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Images: 6
Default Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by severum View Post
Nice to see another Korean tro keeper here!! I guess I know who you are cause I saw your post on this issue in a Korean Tro forum recently.
Nice to see you here.
But I am not the one who posted about the issue.
We maybe know each other.
What's your Korean nickname?
I am "Eulbba" (을빠) ^^
__________________
Lufubu WC, Duboissi Halembe f1, Brichardi Ulwile f1
Synodontis Petricola
Eretmodus moba WC
Ventralis Chisanse
and some Corydoras
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-06-2015
severum
Status: Offline
Member
 
::Profile::
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: S.Korea
Keeping: RR, Duboisi
Posts: 70
Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Images: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by my1008 View Post
Nice to see you here.
But I am not the one who posted about the issue.
We maybe know each other.
What's your Korean nickname?
I am "Eulbba" (을빠) ^^
I guess I saw your nick. Mine is "Buddy-Kkang (버디깡)" !!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bishop, cracker, difference, fire, red

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Red Bishop Hungvanvo Tropheus Photo Gallery Discussion 5 01-21-2014 12:16 AM
Fire rhickman Tropheus Talk 28 11-11-2012 05:01 AM
Caramba Red Bishop KILIC Tropheus Video Forum 9 04-30-2012 06:48 AM
WTB Tropheus Moliro's "Fire-Cracker" scottr Buy, Sell & Trade 1 01-02-2011 01:17 AM
my fire cracker reds dallasfreak Tropheus Photo Gallery Discussion 8 01-28-2007 01:05 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.